MK9 | Quick Day 1 Skarlet Kombos and canceling into Red Dash

Didn’t see a Skarlet thread up and there’s no forum for her yet so I just thought I’d go ahead and share what I’ve figured out with her here.

I was having trouble canceling from a string into her Red Dash. Thankfully, after some experimentation, I realized what the issue was. For some reason after buffering her Red Dash during a combo string you have to hold Forward on your pad/stick until the Dash comes out. I think this has something to do with the fact that Red Dash is a, well, dash. It took a little adjusting to get used to but now I buffer it the same way I would a regular dash at the end of a string.

Once I got past that initial hurdle, I came up with the following combo video. Since she is one of the characters that can easily carry the opponent to the corner mid-combo (I’m looking at you Liu Kang) spacial awareness will go a long way to helping you maximize her damage.

She hits pretty hard, has a fast projectile, and since you can cancel her Red Dash into a Mid or Low attack I think she’ll have some powerful shenanigans she can play once people get used to moving her around the screen. I’ll dig deeper this week and see what else I can’t come up with for her.

You forgot to mention that her 1,1,2 grounds the opponent, like Kabal’s knee or Cage’s groin punch. Then you cancel that into a Red Dash and the opponent is forced to block a 50/50, where both attacks allow for juggle combos.

Where is the 50/50 at? The overhead slash and what other move?

The slide, which cancels into the up-slash.

Ho damn! That damage! When I first purchased and hit the lab with Skarlet the first day, I knew her Red Dash was going to be important for big combos, mix-ups and shenanigans. Good shit.

thanks alot