MK9 | News & Discussion (Updated as news happens!)

Hell yeah, I will be right there with you!

So far it looks realy good :rock: landing J.kicks are kinda stiff,i hope they fix that.

Watched demo vid. alot now.In the second round(scorp vs sub) subzero charging frost ball, scorp jumps… sub shooting it in to the ground, scorp lands right into it…that was awsome! Can’t wait to see more.

From what iv’e seen and heard, MK9 is looking to be the best entry into the series if all goes right. Not every game will be perfect and there are bound to be inperfections, but if it can deliver on the competitive level with compotent controls and a good meta-game underscoring its playability then I dont see how the game can fail. So far they have focused there efforts into all the right gameplay points, they have intricate sub-systems, good movement options, playstyles innate to each character and a dynamic combo system. Its still hard to say if the game will favor a more offensive approach or defensive tone but If I had to speculate I would say its a mixture of both.

The dashing will probably lend to a defensive tone if u cant cancel its animation with a move (like MVC2 style dashing) but the target combos could be good for poke strings and very confrontational bouts once u get in. Since everyone will have there own unique normals/specials it will be interesting to see how the zoning/spacing will take effect.This new element will by far go a long way to improving the game’s tick throw/wake-up/meaties/footsies mechanics as well as its mix-up potential as well…so far MK9 is looking to be a very refined and good fighting experience.

lol @ 6:00

I feel the total OPPOSITE. We had to put up with the ‘iconic character’ shit in MK vs DC - all the boring old characters.

The very least I was expecting some fresh new characters in MK9 but no new characters at all and the focus on the same boring old characters.

That will be THREE MK games in a row now with no new MK characters. What other fighting franchise has gone three games with no new characters introduced?

Even if there aren’t any new characters then the focus should be on some of the fresher old ones - like Li Mei, Mavado, Jarek, Havik, Meat etc.

They better get a move on with the DLC and freshen up the series - so tired of Scorpion and Sub Zero.

:nono:

GUYS JOIN THE #UMK3srk channel on EFNET!!!

Can that ^^^^ please get put in the OP???

Great thread BTW. :tup:

I hope some of the DLC is alternate outfits like in SF4. I really want a different Johnny Cage outfit. :slight_smile: I doubt I’ll ever really play Cage anyway…

what will be the arcade config for this games???

what will be the arcade config for this games???

Awsome thread!! Mk9 is looking great cant wait to see more and be able to dust Sektor off !!!

When I saw that first E3 stuff I could not believe it.
I mean, was it so fucking hard to make a new MK 2D fighter GODDAMMIT?!!
But seriously, I believe they’re really putting effort in this one and I hope they’ll take their time to create something very different again.

Sorry DP enthusiasm :stuck_out_tongue:

i loved how Boon acknowledged SF4’s success in interviews… DURR

History

I really hope thath they make a good mk game but… What about the history??? I have been waiting since Armageddon One of the most importatn things at least to me its the MK history I have been following it since MK3 so i wsill be really disapointed if they dont make a good One

It hasn’t been said yet that there won’t be any new characters, or that any of the post-MKT characters won’t make it. And, in fact, it has been said that
minor story spoiler

Spoiler

there will be a classic character that becomes cybernetic that wasn’t before.

Source (for that spoiler): http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1098513p1.html Third paragraph.

Though, to be honest, except for the one I just mentioned, I’d rather they stick to the classic characters and just revamp them like they are doing.

Boon says specifically in one of the interviews that there will be no new characters. I don’t count an existing character made into a robot as ‘new’.

There may be post MKT existing characters as DLC though.

That is like saying you’re tired of Ryu and Ken in SF. They are the staple characters. The BEST characters in MK are all the characters in MK1-MK3. All the new characters introduced in MKD-MKA were garbage, and hope they never return to MK games. A “new” character, maybe. Though I don’t know why you would want a new character for a MK game that’s going back to it’s roots (or a character that was new in MKD-MKA) with the storyline being that they go back in time. That wouldn’t make much since unless they all were in the back to the future car together.

Link?

I don’t want new characters anyway. All, or almost all of the characters in MKT will do me just fine.

The newer characters aren’t garbage at all. Most of the newer characters are far better than the earlier characters which are stale and boring now. MKD especially introduced some great characters.

I like the fact MK9 will be gory again who doesn’t? But I don’t want a MK game that looks back not forward.

It reeks of a lack of imagination. They pulled the same crap with the latest SF.

And in case you hadn’t noticed Jugg we just HAD an MK game that featured all the ‘iconic characters’ only. It’s called MK vs DC.

And for the guy that asked for the link, I don’t know. I didn’t bookmark any of the interviews.

ummm Havik wass badass in MKD. Then again I don’t really care about story. I just want a good game

Yes, Havik was great. I wish he would return in MK9.