MK9 | Keeper of the Magic Stick: The Jade Thread

You can also cancel the low in that string into ex overhead and if the low hits the ex overhead will combo.

YES. I have no idea how I forgot to put that in my post. Thank you very much.

This is actually the best mix-up you can do in my opinion. I should probably do it more but I tend to use my meter for booms and shadow glows.

One thing to note about the Smoke matchup, apparently the smoke bomb itself can be passed through like a regular projectile, but the explosion counts as a hit. So you’ll still get hit anyway. :frowning: EX shadow flash will absorb the hit, but that part of the matchup is still going to be a giant pain with the smoke bomb explosion will still deal damage.

At about jump distance if I see the opponent being hesitant I like to keep people in check with shadow kicks. They’re safe on block and you reallly can’t block it on reaction, the only thing is that you can crouch under it, even the EX version.

Her attack string f+FP,BP,FP is safe on block and is jump cancellable after the sholder hit, so you can keep going. What sucks is that if the string whiffs and you keep going the third part doesn’t come out and you’re stuck recovering a lot.

AH, oh well. I knew it was too good to be true. I’ll be in the lab more tomorrow, I have a few other things in mind. I’ll keep y’all updated :).

Jade can corpse hop after her sweep and still block wakeup attacks, wow what a fast forward dash.

Yeah it’s good, but probably not something you want to do too often unless you see them high blocking all the time.

I dunno. I’m guessing her high/low game isn’t all that great because her mid-range poking game seems to be where it’s at, with the range on her normals and all. Especially with that f+2 1 2 string, which seems to leave her with a good bit of advantage on block.

I’ve been playing Jade for the past day aggressively with the green flash going through projectiles. Once I’m in, I find dashing Low 1 is good for pressure. From there:

-Low 1 for more pressure/stuff high attacks.
-Staff overhead if they try to low you.
-Dash + Throw

Messing with her a little.

A basic combo is

(midscreen, no meter) Back 1 ->overhead staff, dash, back 2, dash, back 3 -> 2 -> 2x qcf 4 for 36%
(you can do qcf2 instead of kicks but if you do the first party very quickly qcf2 could whiff)

you can change it up per your preference. after the back 2 launch, you can do:

dash, back 3 -> 4 -> super for 54%
dash, uppercut for 31% (easy)
dash, 1 -> 2, dash 1 -> 2, kicks or staff grab for 34%
up A for 30% (flashy)

There also seem to be some neat tricks in the corner. The best non-super combo I’ve found is:

(1 bar required, corner only) back 1, overhead staff, jumping 1, back 2, 1, 2, ex upward boomerang, 3, staff grab for 43%

this guy: [media=youtube]GH0eu4-dbv4[/media] gets much more damage by skipping the launcher, so i’ll have to try that out.

Jade imo is definitely a contender. having great bnb combos not to mention ex shadow flash giving you the freedom to poke without fear of getting caught is amazing. Not to mention those boomerang resets are pretty boss, but her weakness in the overhead department is meh. She’s still pretty damn good though and i think she has the potential to be a contender all the way for top tourney slots.

Right now I’m maining Jade with a Kitana alt. But I’m actually training for tag team mode mostly. BFF’s on the same team!:slight_smile:

What character are you doing this on? When I do this exact combo I usually get 56%.

was probably smoke, but I could’ve just written it wrongly. I’m not jumping in, though.

i love jade, ex flash is so damn good

I’ve played a ton of matches with a friend who uses Smoke. The discovery that has completely turned around my results is up + 1. I can do that as a safe response to Smoke’s blockstrings and reset the zoning situation to something comfortable to Jade.

I fought a sub zero the other day, shadow flash goes through ice clone as well as his ice ball. Makes the ice clone zoning a lot less scary. :slight_smile:

Fun thing I figured out today: shadow flash stays active when you do ex shadow kick. Pretty darn useful against fullscreen fireballs.

Options for a blocked b+1? I suppose shadow kick might be the safest.

Looooove Jade so far. I feel like a champ activating shadow flash and getting in there with some strings.

Does anyone feel like compiling a list of everything jades shadow flash goes through?

if only her pokes could get canceled to shadow flash. but i guess itd be too op and create infinites…

Did not know Jade had a thread… I’ve decided to use her cos she can use legitimate hit confirms from b+1, has good range on her normals and doesn’t have to deal with frame trap BS in the corner (as long as she has an EH stocked)… Hopefully you guys will help me get an idea of what I should and shouldn’t do with Jade as I’ve not put a lot of time into her…

I’d suggest someone adds a vid thread? Might be worth it, I would post my findings and BnB’s, Rang resets etc… but I get the feeling I have nothing new to offer so far :slight_smile: So for now I’ll just lurk a little

This is an online tag match with me, subz and my brother who plays Jade. Rang setups are real nice and can lead into a guaranteed ground freeze with sub if they are forced to block the second hit of ex boomerang. Anyways he has some real nice work with Jades green flash in this vid too. I been on his ass to use it more, shit is too good. :slight_smile: