MK9 | Kano Thread

They are?!?! =D how can you be so sure?

Because we were told by the developers.

wow nice! =)

is there more stuff they are going to change with other characters?
If so, is there some place I can read those changes?
Sorry that I went a little off-topic now ^^;

b+1,1,2 dash f+2,1,2 dash f+2,1,2 Kano-ball 33% damage
B+2 F+1 Kano ball 21% damage

I can get the jump kick into throw at the end of most of my Kano combos. It’s the highest damage combo ended I’ve found so far. The timing can be tricky though. Had to practice it a bunch.

Dash before you jump 3 then mash R1.

I’ve been using 2,1,2 dash 2,1,2 into:
-dash u/f+3~airthrow: 28% + switches sides + no rollback.
-dash f1,2~choke: 29% no rollback
-dash f+1,2~knife: 29%
-dash f+1,2~upball: 30%
-dash u/f+3~ex ball: 33% + switches sides + no rollback

What are you guys using for corner combos?

Mostly I use the choke finish then either use sweep/overhead (soon to be f+3/overhead). Having the meter for Xray here usually make people want to jump, so you can wait and punish with upball, if they don’t jump or they attack, Xray. Also been playing with jump back vs. wakeup and if they whiff a wake attack punish with airball.

I’m finding that most of the stuff Kano can do, other characters can do better. He’s pretty average at everything. Not necessarily a bad thing. He has a good projectile, decent damage combos, solid AA, can punish fairly well with 2,1,2 up close or ball at range. . It feels like one of the only things he’s missing right now is a good high/low mixup, which apparently he’s getting in the next patch.

man kano is the most annoying character to play against even more annoying than Kung Lao or Ermac. His fireball has so much recovery it’s impossible to punish at full screen and too hard to react at close range, his kano ball is too hard to react to because it comes out so fast, now that he has a low combo starter that has frame advantage over everything, easy to do 36% bnb, and now his upball is impossible to punish. And he has an armored grapple xray that does 41% damage! Stupidest buff ever imo

I am loving the Lowkick into headbutt combo starter, just what he needed

Here’s a 37% combo that I haven’t seen:

j. 2, b1, 1, 2, dash, 2, 1, 2, dash, b1, 2, upball

So, Kano’s upball is getting a nerf. It’s going to be punishable by quick specials and quick jabs/mids, according to Tom Brady. Sounds fine to me. It’s not going to be as strong as it is right now post-patch, but not as vulnerable as it was at the beginning.

All I really care about is his f3 being a low now. I thought it was the only buff he needed.

Same. I was so confused as to why it wasn’t a low before the patch, lol.

I’m glad the upball is getting nerfed. The move is very braindead online, and is practically nonpunishable by a good portion of the cast offline. I’ve been training myself to only use the upball as an anti-air or a punisher for things farther away. Instead of using upball to “check” my opponent, I’ll just use d1. Kano’s d1 is damn good. I know that sounds obvious, but some characters do not have good d1s.

Right now you can easily win most match-ups by just spamming kano’s up ball. It seems all you can do against it is a low jab or a throw, and even those are not always fast enough to punish it, you’ll just get hit by the next one.

Pretty much. You can crouch jab it, but that just gives a bit of frame advantage. Many times, I just get hit with another upball after trying to start offense after punishing with a crouch jab. I’ve tried to play Kano without relying on upball since the patch was supposed to come out, but now it looks like it’s going to be another month or so. I really hate how this character plays right now.