MK9 | "GOTCHA" The Jax Thread

use the ground pound on otg after uppercut or command throw. The ground pound has slow start up but fast recovery. So at mid range makes them jump away punish with wave, jump towards another uppercut.

Only the EX version OTG’s unless your opponent holds Down and does a delayed wakeup. Most people will get up against Jax so I doubt that it will be a great tool for him.

I don’t think Jax is very good in this game at all. He doesn’t have the right tools for the way this game is played. First off, to get damage mid-screen you have to rely on his Ground Pound, which is not a good look since that move is easily avoided. His Dash Punch is solid, but hits high. So you can just duck it and punish. It is still a good move because it comes out fast and it’s safe if blocked. His overhead is ok when mixed in with block strings, but he lacks good lockdown block strings. Jax is just one of them characters who is not very good.

Did anyone else know that if you hold back after Jax’s EX Dash punch, instead of slamming them in front of you he lifts them up and slams them behind him with the wrestling move called spinebuster lol. I discovered it by accident haha.

Nice to know about the EX version have that property thanks.

Best X-Ray I’ve encountered so far (haven’t really practiced with all the characters). really all you have to do is stand in front of your opponent and crank it out in a situation where you read that they’re going to block or do anything besides jump…
jumping at Jax is pretty much out of the question when he has full meter.

But his EX moves as combo enders are good as well, if you land a ground pound, you can easily get 30-40 percent anywhere on teh screen. ground pounds are hard to land though, so you’ll often have to settle for around 25 percent.

also a jump kick = free backbreaker, that alone does like 14 percent i think

Jax is slow, but you guys underestimate his rush down. with Jax, we’ll be getting a lot of single hits into specials and ex specials. he has the tools to land a hit out of basically anything unless your opponent just has a soul read on your combos. he has block strings that go hi-mid, block strings that go low-mid, and block strings that go low-hi, or low, hi, mid. i’ll have to experiment a bit more to see just how punishable they are but jax def has a solid mix up game as long as you don’t lose the wake up game.
a nice surprise is to throw in an down, up, 4 on a crouching opponent, to otg ex ground pound. in the corner you can get some extra damage from this.

Jax is gonna be more defensive than other characters I think, but honestly I think its doable. his projectile is pretty good. and mid screen ground pounds are more useful than you think. (depending on who you’re fighting)
we’ll see how the game evolves I guess. I’m seeing some pretty sick shit with other characters, and jax may get left behind. but for now I think he’s pretty solid.

I get what your saying. I loved Jax since his MKII debut, however, they made him a little too weak in the game. He’s basically a gimped version of Nightwolf in this game with worse zoning options.

I still use Jax but they need to buff his damage a little more and I think its really dumb that his multi-slam ground throw stops doing damage after 4 slams. What’s the point of doing the 5th or 6th slam?

i didnt even realize you could do it more than four times lol

i agree with what you said about nightwolf, but I have feeling nightwolf is going to end up being one of the best characters anyway.

we’re def not gonna be high tier or anything. but i think its doable. the game rewards creativity and cunning. so we just have to figure out how to apply it to jax.
I’ve always been an MK fan, but I think most of the characters are really lame and stereotypical. jax was the one that always stood out to me.

The point is you can decide where you want to throw the opponent. So basically you can do a front throw and throw the opponent in your back, which makes it a back throw. The nice thing about it is, the opponent has to guess if you really are doing a front or back throw; he can´t tech both options, it´s a 50/50 mixup so to speak.

Who all thought it was bogus as hell how Jax got his arms ripped off?
(Being vague since I don’t know how many people know who did it to him).

no it was in the story of mk2.