MK9 | General Strategy thread

Will put up info for lows highs, tactics for getting in etc.

reserved

i find that if you trade trance v projetile (a trade that goes in quan chi’s favor) it resets the “cooldown” on his “magic specials” (the ones preventing you from boosting while your opponents tranced or even from reupping boost while the boost is still applied), allowing you to boost while your opponent is still tranced and get a free combo for your troubles. i dont know if this is fairly standard stuff for him but i sure as heck didnt think id get the free boost from a trade. im sure this benefits somebody. welp, back to playing ladder till psn is up.

Nice i knew that he could trade with projectiles but i had no idea that he could boost afterwards am guessing Quan Chi is a noob saibot killer because he has massive recovery on his projectiles and i know that it trades vs shadow-run

[media=youtube]YMgj8R92rnA[/media] - trading is definitely in his favour though the power up can give you a health boost instead but it is still useful.

I understand Quan chi game a lot more now, i thought maybe he was a zoner with a good inner game, but he’s more of a rushdown, gimmicks such as jump 2, then Up 3, or too mix it up you can go for back 3, = 1,2. Ex ground burst are good for zoning but i found little use for any normal ground burst unless its in a combo.

Also Rune traps are particular useful, noted that > 1, Ex ground bounce mid version depending on the spacing, > 1 i think is Quan Chi best stagger move i didn’t think this strategy was useful.