MK9 | Exploring Kung Lao Possibilities

Hey SRK needless to say MK is out and I’m damn well pleased with the game since I’ve hated the 3d series of games they have been putting out…

So I’m coming here to the forums to share what I’ve been able to come up with as possible combos for Kung Lao. As I feel his juggles are probably the most bad ass… As they have been in previous games… I havn’t done many propper write ups as this will be a first… So I’ll just leave some videos here for you to look at… BTW we need character specific forums like SSF4.

I’ve got a few more kombos I’m workin on. And I’ll upload them shorty…

Sorry about the quality but I don’t have a fancy console recorder like some… So you’ll have to bare with my phone’s camera…

Feel free to share anything you find…

Thx 4 the video, Kung Lao is really interesting!

here’s a video I made a couple of days

Here are some more videos that I uploaded…
I re-upped the first video for better quality…

Video 1 -

Video 2 -

Video 3 -

Video 4 -

No Matter how many times I try to get rid of his hat, it keeps coming back… =)

This combo is purely for show as it uses 3 bars of meter and the damage is mediocre only 39%… I gotta say tho styling is fun with kung lao cause he makes everything look good…

Video 5 -

I start all Kunloaw kombos off his back FK fK fk dial up combo.
I do eiter the first 2 hits in it then cancel to either a spin,xray or hat
If you spin, you can double spin and you can upper-cut. Sometimes you need to dash.
Thats all i know. But since everyone blocks high alot the combo always works as far as you can get close enough

I also noticed you had a few spin based combos so you can easily start them with the toe kick (back+FK)

I’m maining Kung Lao right now too. Try your two hits into spin, then a jumping straight up launcher (if you’ve got the guy juggled with your spin, jump straight up and FP or BP him, to bounce him off the ground), it’s my favorite :slight_smile: You can combo off that, too, if you dash in after the bounce, and land some hits before your x-ray. practicing that all night tonight.

I also start with jump-in FP, BP-FP into spin… ii find it easier to enter than the kicks, and does about the same damage.