MK9 | Can anyone try these Cyber Sub-Zero combos for me?

Does CSZ have any ice-bomb setups or traps?

Sort of. He doesn’t have as many options as Cyrax since he can’t lay bombs while the opponent is frozen. However, you can use them in a few interesting ways. Most obvious is tossing one under a turtle opponent and intercepting the jump with a slide or ex-freeze. If you have two meters to spend on mediocre damage you can set up an inescapable setup by doing ex-bombs then ex-freeze when they jump. Also there’s stuff like full screen (back forward forward fk) bomb and then ice slide at specific timing thereafter to get a freeze. Which is cool but I wouldn’t do it very often since a blocked slide equals eating a full combo.

I found a no meter BnB that even I can do sometimes :open_mouth:

I haven’t seen it anywhere hopefully its unique.

j.2, 2, 1, freeze, j.2, 2, 1, 2+1, dash, 2, 1, back + 2, 2, slide (40%)

Check has better combos, but I can’t do any of them.
[media=youtube]9gRFVljCpWU[/media]

I dont like how Checks combos are performed on Sheeva…for all we know it might be Sheeva only combos. Guess going to have to try a few of them out.

You can do them one everyone I think, it’s just difficult. Landing the neutral jump punch after launcher > dash isn’t easy. The combo I came up with is much easier, but I can still only do it 25% of the time.

Cyber sub is awesome, but tough :l

is it just me or does CSZ does not have a x-ray move? you know, the one where you press both shoulder buttons. or do you need unlock it or something

It starts off like his dive kick, so you need to do it in the air.
Took me a moment to figure that one out, too.

thanks, thats tricky. does he have an overhead attack? not sure what to do if someone is crounching while blocking

Cy.Sub-Zero only has bomb traps when in tag team, I’ve only found one with Cyrax that uses meter. It looks pretty but for 37-43% I don’t think it is worth it.
Here’s the notation (jump in punch is optional)
Jump in 2> 1,1> Cyrax Tag assist>Mid Bomb>Uppercut>Slide/ExSlide<-easier

[media=youtube]IhVx50z_np4[/media]

Just commented on the videoabove but i’ll put it here as well, I for one didnt know that CSZ’s 8c could be canceled. This could open up a few new options in the corner.Can’t think of anything else for midscreen, maybe I just havent played around with it enough.

I still wish they would remap ice bomb. Nice vid though dmcking

No meter corner combo that I worked out and haven’t seen anywhere, easy and consistent.

[media=youtube]uHBIoB5gWf8[/media]

Hey bro what happned to you on TRMK???

does he have an overhead attack?:frowning: nice videos btw

3,4 is an overhead.
And my friends think B+1,2 is, cuz they take it crouching. But it’s not. it’s a high. But it can be canelled into the slide kick for a low.

He may have more than one. lol. I dont know.

Thanks, I find it hard to land the b22, xx slide as a combo ender. maybe I just need more practise

after a 2, 1, 1+2 launch I usually just do F1, 4. If you catch them with the full drop kick it deals a fair amount of damage. I wouldn’t say GOOD damage (maybe barely enough), but it’s way way way easier than the B2,2 slide stuff if you’re having trouble with it.

F1,4 can be punished on hit by at least Smoke that I know of… So it’s far from safe.

Try to make sure you only hit 2 twice when doing the b2,2 slide. if you mash it up the slide wont come out.

thanks for the feedback, F1,4 is a better combo ender imo and does slightly more damage I think. I got few question:

what is the best thing to do if someone get caught by your iceball mid air? I normally do neutral jump 2, then f1, 4

What is the best thing to do if someone get hit by your ice bombs?

Finally, I think I found a good use for ice bombs. If you have your X-ray move ready, start fire your ice bombs from a distance. This will often force them to jump to avoid, if they ever jump foreward, then jump up and perform your x-ray. If they jump back, start firing iceballs at them.

Another use I found is that if they get stuck at the corner, fire a ice bomb so as soon as they wake up, they will eat it, then you can start combo them after.

f1,4 does more than b2,2xxslide alone, but less than 2,1 b2,2 xx slide.
And I’m pretty darn sure if you hit smoke with f1,4 he can get up and teleport attack you for free before you can get up and block. Not 100% but it happens to me a lot.