Miscellaneous Ibuki

Well, since Ibuki’s air state is reset after the EX, I don’t see any reason why she can’t. I’ve tried setting it up in training mode, but I realised that the computer will parry ANYTHING. Besides, if you connect with the EX, you wanna be starting a chain, not baiting a parry. DF+MK is more appropriate for that.

^ Well, air chain isn’t a combo on short characters, it’s a link. So an EX DP is going to stuff your air chain or Kunai flat. Which means if the <shoto> character has good timing then they can always DP on reaction to your EX Kazekiri. Only way to be sure you won’t eat a DP is to super cancel.

And since you can’t parry there’s no way to defend yourself.

Sadly, can’t parry or airthrow. It’d be crazy buff if you could. Actually that was in the first post.

• dp+2K (EX Kazekiri) recovers in the air if it hits an opponent. During this time, Ibuki can perform any of her normal air attacks, any of her three air target combos, her qcf+P/2P (Kunai/EX Kunai), or SA.1 (Kasumi Suzaku). She can not air throw or air parry during the recovery state.

[Edit]: Random side note; lots of people try and parry your air chain on the way down, and just about everyone will be able to parry/block a normal Kunai and punish. However, I notice that a lot of people get screwed up by the different timing of HP-MK and LP-HP. Since the HP is delayed a lot of people will parry too early, so it’s good to occasionally mix up which air chain you do when you see people parrying.

Of course, this is a pain against shotos and Alex and such. All they need to do is parry once and they can punish you. Alex in particular – his parry-MP xx EX knee grab will stuff your air chain clean with just one parry.

Khang also recommends doing a very very late (super deep) EX Kunai. Which sounds pretty smart to me since it’s probably her safest landing move. If they get hit or block the EX Kunai you have like all day to follow it up with something. And if they parry it you may or may not be safe, but I’m not sure yet (need to test it).

And if you notice people blocking your air move and then red parrying your ground move, remember Raida eats parry attempts for breakfast.

[Edit2]: Come to think of it. I’m almost positive Dudley and Oro can put you in a world of pain if you don’t have SA.1 stocked.

Yeah…I figured as much. Yeah…I try not to use EX much on Oro at all because his ability to duck under EX qcb+K and ability to dash/double jump his way through EX kunai. I pretty much only use SA3 against him not just because of its uses vs. him, but also because it reminds me to not spam EX vs. him. Every once in a while I’ll come down with a chain against Dudley just because the opponent may not expect it and you can start hitting him from pretty high up in the air. It’s just yeah…if the opponent is actually smart enough to fuck you up with a combo you’re going to eat shit. Oro…yeah you just die.

i was playing some casuals lastnight, and one of the guys was playing a damn good ibuki, seriously alot of the times i couldn’t even move and she’s was like a blur talk about mind games >.> she needs to be higher on the teir system i got love for ibuki.

Ibuki is top tier. No doubt.

OMG ibuki! <3 <3

Hey I play Gouki not Ibuki, but i was wondering if you guys knew how not to get raped during this match, or what the hell Gouki can do to stop her.
I find this matchup very hard to win cause of how fast she can fill up the stun gauge, plus in this match up she actually doesnt have the shittiest health. I seem to have the match in control when i get SA1 and can begin to control air space but the ibuki’s in my area are quite good and usually aim to stun Gouki as quick as possible.
Any advice using Gouki would help because im sick of the “switch to Ken” answer.

Im an ibuki player and ive had the previlage of playing, J.R. Rodriguez, one of the best goukis in the nation, there are videos up on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RegencyVideos (2nd encounter where i fared better)
and http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=iwst99 (first encounter with the beast, where i wish i never been broiled)

The problem i had playing him (and the others that were there) was that i was constantly in a defensive state, his demon flips pinned me down and i really couldnt do much. If i tried to counter and failed; it would lead to serious damage. I couldnt get an offensive rhythm going and thats what i was going for as an ibuki player and if im constantly defending that means im doing no damage. Once ibuki gets an offensive flow going then she is very hard to stop.

I think im a pretty okay ibuki player and i dont know if that helps you any about my difficulties playing JR, but i hope it does.

JR is good. As for needing help with Akuma vs. Ibuki…I can’t say a whole lot cuz…I use Ibuki. I would say the best thing to do is not to rush things from the start of the round. Ibuki has some moves that do serious damage and stun before getting any meter and all it takes is to get hit by 2 of those moves to nearly end the game for you already. Take advantage of your ability to zone with the air fireballs to bait Ibuki into doing things. If you can gain a knockdown then you can start to run Ibuki. Just watch out for EX DP and what not. Doesn’t really take too many hits to kill Ibuki either. Learn to look out for f+HK cuz that poke really hurts Akuma (goes over all low pokes and does crazy stun and is not the easiest move to parry on reaction). Air hurricane kick is good as far as keeping her from throwing kunais and staying airborne too long.

Use standing fierce with Akuma to beat out Ibuki’s f+mk, which is an annoying move. And keep her out of the air with hurricane kicks but I’m not too sure if you’d want to zone with air fireballs because I’m pretty sure that Ibuki can just slide right under them, but if you’re at a distance I’m sure that air fbs are good. And try and refrain from doing demon flips while Ibuki has SA1 meter because all what Ibuki’s gotta do is jump straight up then SA1…Akuma can’t take too much damage lol. And uhhhh…watch out for f+hk :razz:

Yeah f+hk is definitely a killer. People always underestimate the recovery time of f+hk, which you should always keep in mind because if ibuki is close enough she can follow up with a s.mk into a raida or her ex spin kicks which will hurt a lot.

That ibuki sucks.

OH NO YOU DIDNT!

snaps fingers across face and moves head side to side while pouting lips

Mmmhmm…ya’ll bout to get all Jerry Springer up in this.

I’m about to knock yo little knives out of you and have sex with yo momma.

yells at audience YOU DON’T KNOW ME, YOU DON’T KNOW ME!
YALL WANT SOME OF THIS?? takes mickey mouse t-shirt off
Starts rubbing on Steve

Kinda new to Ibuki, I’m switching out my secondary(Yang) for her cuz she’s hella fun to play and has a lot more offensive and defensive options. What are her general and character specific Kunai tricks utilizing them for crossups/fake crossups, meaties…and mixups I should be using post kunai.

Also what characters should I watch out for that can reversal blocked raidas?

Most people don’t try to reversal a Raida. But you should watch out of stocked Ken, Dudley, and Makoto, because they can and probably will if you abuse Raida too much.

If you’re really worried about it, use the jab Raida, it’s -5 on block. Still punishable, but less risky.

Yeah…so many other of Ibuki’s moves are not punishable on block that it becomes pretty risky to even look to punish a raida. Smart players just take into the fact that Ibuki has the 2nd lowest health so the idea is just to outsmart her and do your damage that way.

I play against a couple of Dudley players here in my very small local 3s scene, and am curious what my best option is for punishing blocked fierce/EX MGBs, and blocked Corkscrew blows?

My experience is that I find myself just out of range for most of the good punishment options that I will usually attempt. Looking at the frame data, is a low roundhouse -> standing roundhouse chain the best option for punishing these on block?

From my experiences, towards + HK would be the best option after a blocked MGB. It covers the distance that you will have between yourself and Dudley perfectly, after blocking MGB. I can understand how low roundhouse to standing roundhouse (2-hit launcher if you hit at close range) could possibly work if you were closer to him, but you end up getting pushed away after MGB runs its course… so I feel that the low roundhouse would actually come out later than towards + HK on reaction, due to timing and distance away.

I’m sure a good Dudley player could try parrying the toward + HK, but even after he does that I don’t know if Dudley can even punish afterwards, since the distance that Ibuki would be at may keep her safe. I don’t know if you would be within range to try using MK to EX spin kicks after a blocked MGB… I’ve never tried using MK in those situations.

However, I believe a Dudley player can follow up a blocked MGB with a Corkscrew Blow SA without worrying about retaliation… but I’m not sure because I’ve seen it hit me on Live (which is not a good way to confirm such a thing due to lag). I do know it’s very difficult to punish a Dudley player who throws out a Corkscrew Blow, then uses another Corkscrew Blow immediately afterward to catch you off-guard if you blocked the first one and try to retaliate. That super’s start-up time is wayyyy quick and has almost no recovery time, blocked or not.

Hopefully, the better players on here like Xenozip or DevilJin could elaborate better, but that is what I have seen throughout the times I’ve played against Dudley.