Miguel problems

Most people online outclass my reach. I can’t hit them, but they can hit me. And they duck and weave a lot, too, making it very hard to hit them or break a loop / reset.

How can I use zoning strikes effectively against other players?

Also, Savage Stance mixups. I have no idea how to use them.

If they are outside of your reach and doing normals, try to dodge theirs. His df+2,1 is a great whiff punisher. But it’s definitely unsafe on block so don’t just throw it out there recklessly. As far as ‘ducking and weaving’, if they are sidestepping for instance, use is f+4, 2. It is a great homing move that is hitconfirmable with KD.

As far as savage stance goes, my favorite way to get into it is 1,2,4. This string IS high, but if you use df+1 a lot (which you should be doing) then they won’t be crouching too much.You can also use df+1(1) to go into savage stance, as well as plenty of other moves that I won’t list all here.

I haven’t played Miguel in a bit but if I recall, he has plenty of mid launchers as well as a low launcher in SAV. After the 1,2,4 string if they are attempting to press buttons (which often they will since it looks like the string is clearly done and they will retaliate) you can press 2 for good quick damage and KD or I feel the 3,3 string starts up pretty quickly and you can hold you stay in Savage Stance. He has a decent low string d+3,4 which you can also hold to stay in savage stance.

Of course, it all boils down to you can’t feel too bad about what happens online. Plenty of shit works online that has no place in offline play, it’s a whole different beast.