Mid-Cities Thread (Midland-Odessa) Now with BarFights!

is this tourny at a venue(game center, shop) or is it a house tourny? I can make it out there…just wanna know its worth making the 2 hour trip…

last time is was at this storage thing i dunno but it was a public place

The tournaments are held at a venue know as The Party Zone, it’s just a storage unit that our friend rents out for parties but he also plays SSFIV. There are plenty of tables and chairs, two TVs mounted on the wall, and 3 MAME cabinets filled with fighting games.

Oh yeah, Starw!n is up in this thread. Haha!!!

The tourney was fun but I am more excited about ranbats. I like that idea, I think it will help our community out here.

Edit: So when are these ranbats gonna start???

We got a dude from Lubbock in the thread? I’m in Brownfield right now LOL.

I’m headed to Austin for a bit, but sometime at the end of next week I’ll be back in Odessa for awhile. I’ll be sure to make it over for some casuals.

its because the Lubbock scene is dead right now…tech is out for the summer and 3 of our locals who played sold their ps3s…yeah, its shitty for me right now…

Do you come to odessa much?

nah…if I make it down for the tourny on the 29th, it would be my 1st time down for gaming…

Next time I show up at a tournament, there better be a dude screaming “D-M-X! RIDE-OR-DIE!” followed by lots of barking.

So, The tourney Is still going down the 29th. I’m anticipating to have around 10 people entering so you can judge by that if you want to come down or not.

Hopefully we can get the ranbats going soon. I’ll talk with the people involved here and see what we can do. My recording equipment was FINALLY shipped, so maybe I’ll get it before the next tourney :rock:

Is the next tournament going to have a third TV set up for casuals? It would be fun to get to play a little bit even after you’ve been knocked out or don’t enter.

Yay ranbats. Yo chairman do those 2 dudes have srk accounts? ya know dan and the other guy. Either way get them to start posting.

Oh hey I was thinking it might be useful to post the tourneys/ranbats schedule in the southwest tournamant thread. It could prove fruitful and since you guys (you know who you are) schedule these fine events, Ill leave it to you guys. Just a suggestion.

Oh and… Taunt loops FTW!!!

Perhaps someday you’ll be able to execute a taunt loop against David…star.

:slight_smile:

David and Ian stole my horse.

^^^ gay for davidstar

and im slowly getting my loops in matches. Both of you will feel my wrath!

i think you two are both gay for david

and why wouldnt they be

GO TO QUIZNO’S AND GET ME A SUB, HURRYYYYY :mad:

because you suck at tekken