Meaty Setup Creation Table

Can I get the ranges of all the moves anywhere? The usf4 shoryuken wiki only has information for throws and dashes. That could significantly help to avoid generating meaties setups that don’t make sense.

The problem here is as much Makoto’s hitbox as it is opponents’ hurtbox. That’s why we have character specific combos and setups.

You can find displayed hitboxes from pc mods somewhere though.

That’s fine, there aren’t many invalid anyway, once I have the final lists I could just remove them whenever I find any that doesn’t make sense.

Seeing a video of Dan taunts, it said that taunt 1 and 3 couldn’t be canceled as fast as the others, and that gave me an idea. Do you know how many frames it takes to cancel makoto’s taunts? That might be useful to time stuff after a knockdown.

Every taunt can be cancel at the same frame. I already checked by recording them all and viewing their length with Premiere. It’s quite long, but i dont remember how long.

Can anybody explain to me the frame data for yamase and target combos? For instance, the ultra wiki states the following:

s.LK: 5 3 8
TC1: 2 4 14

So I guess you have 5 startup frames for the s.LK, and then you cancel the recovery frames into the startup of the s.MK, giving you a total of (5 + 3 - 1) + (2 + 4 - 1 + 14) = 26 frames?

For yamase you have:
f.HP: 13 8 18
Yamase: 7 3(3)5 18

What does 3(3)5 mean for the yamase active frames? Is yamase faster than a plain f.HP ? Because that doesn’t make much sense…

s.LK changes his properties when is included in TC1. Is a single move,you can’t delay the st.mk like Ken can do it with his st.MP+st.HP target combo. You can’t cancel st.LK recovery into st.MK (but you can do a karakusa,if the st.LK is blocked,that’s the Blockakusa). Yamase is similar,but you can keep punching your opponents if the first f+HP connect,but you have just 3f to do so. (3) are the cancellable f.HP frames to complete the target then 5f active.

I think I got the TC1, but what about the f.HP/yamase start up frames? if you say the (3) are the frames in which you can input the second HP to make the yamase come out, is the start up 13 or 7? is it that start up is 13, and then there are 7 frames between the moment the second HP starts and the time it connects?

Yamase are the 2 final punches of that target combo,F+HP is even the Target Combo starter. So you start with F+HP then Yamase. My bad. So 3(3)5 are the active frames of the final 2 punches,but I don’t know why they have written the active frames like that.