Mastering the Mantis: Yang Combo Thread

I don’t believe it is, almost positive it’s been stated that U1 has no “half animation”, if it can, it hits, if it doesn’t, it whiffs.

Attention OP: Please change the inputs for Senkyutai and Kaihou. These inputs have been swapped - Senkyutai is a DP+K motion, and Kaihou is QCF+K.

Thanks.

Done.

You still have HCB+PP as the EX command grab motion :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just going to rewrite this crap. Dear lord.

Played Yang last night.

close standing MP, crouching MK xx Slashes is a pretty good combo after a focus or whatever.
Here’s a video.
[media=youtube]bc2EmqsdMxU[/media]

close standing MP links to a lot of stuff as far as I can tell.

Also stand jab doesn’t hit everybody crouching but cr.jab links to cr.mk easily too, so I think his BnB will either be:

cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mk xx HP Slashes

or

cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mk xx HP Slashes

Also FADCing off of the 2nd HP Slash goes into anything really easily, either ultra or just a normal into more slashes or whatever.

Also, It doesn’t appear that he’s safe after the second hit of a blocked HP Slashes, I think what Mago was talking about was on FADC it’s plus a lot.

I’m sure that at least the first hit of LP Slashes is safe though, so his pressure is still golden.

I played Yang today at Super Arcade in socal. Umm, so yeah, st. mk, jump cancel, MK dive kick whiff, Ultra 1 will grant a full Ultra animation. In the corner, you don’t have to jump cancel; just st. mk into Ultra 1.

FADC’ing from 2nd hit of rekka also allows you to link a st. mk sorta easily.

Command throw to st. mk is kinda hard at first. You have to do it a lot earlier than you probably would think. Plus the window is probably just 1-2 frames to get the link, I am guessing.

EX palm also gives a wall bounce. From midscreen, it is possible to do EX palm into a HK roll to juggle.

Also, the roll is a Shoryuken motion + kick, whereas the teleport is a quarter-circle forward + kick. This is opposite from how it was in SF3:3s. Totally mind fucked me. :frowning:

nice info. tell you the truth i like the motions better this way. when i play 3s i always got confused on moveents when ever i would play yang.

Oh yeah, just also want to say that close st. mk gives a float juggle state, meaning that you can juggle with any move after.

Like in the corner, you can do st. mk, then another st. mk, but then the juggle state changes. Probably can only get a hk roll or Ultra 2 (“half” animation only) to juggle.

Mp palm does not knockdown, whereas hp palm also gives a float juggle state. I am not sure about EX, but again it wall bounces and a hk roll can juggle (probably U2 also).

And I don’t think Yang has a useful kara. I think far st. hk grants a small kara though. I just tested all the normals really fast, so I can be wrong.

Yun and Yang’s dive kick can be blocked low, which is different from 3s as well.

Ultra 2 also has NO hit invincibility. A meaty crouching jab beat a wakeup U2 from Yang. And it is only projectile invincible on the rolling part. For example, Dhalsim did back+mk xx yoga fire FADC backwards, and Yang did Ultra as the fireball came out. However, I guess the game registered that Yang already reached his opponent (even though they backdashed) and just didn’t do the rolling animation and just did the up kicks. But the yoga fire hit Yang out.

Ultra 1 is pretty slow, I’m guessing about 12-frame startup. Ultra 2 must be about 8-frame startup from point blank range (again no hit invincibility though). The rolling part from Ultra 2 is also very fast. So, it is a very good option to punish fireballs.

I forgot to see if EX roll goes through fireballs. My bad. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyone else test that out? It seems like it wouldd.

I posted this on the Q&A thread, but I’ll post it again here.

-The second slash of hp mantis can be dash canceled on block, leaving you at frame advantage to work with (according to Mago; it did feel that way). On block, after the dash, using cr.lk is a good way to keep opponents in check and then mixing in tenshin makes for a very effective mix up.

-A good frame trap that was working for me was cr.lp/cr.lk > cl.hp. I would always cancel the first hit of cl.hp into lp slash; on block I’m safe and, on hit, I have enough time to verify the hit and finish the slashes. When I’m out of cl.hp range, I’d use his cr.mk instead. Overall, his corner pressure game looks very solid.

EX Roll definitely goes through fireballs, yeah.

Well the easiest way to tell if U1 has a big startup is if you can’t do HP Mantis x2 FADC U1.

That is just fucked up.

I actually tried this combo the first time I played Yang and my opponent blocked the Ultra. I assumed I buffered it correctly during the dash but I could be wrong. I’ll try it again if I get the chance.

It is… especially when you get the commands mixed up during tight situations and end up doing something you didn’t want to do… there goes a dollar. =\

I can say for sure that slashes xx fadc forward > ultra 1 connects.

I did it twice and made sure it combo’d.

how much damage do you think it does??

400 or below?
or appraoching 500?

seems like it might be pretty low cause yang is going to have atleast 3 hits before hand, making it hit for only 60%

-dime

I don’t really remember the damage, really depends on what you do before anyway.

well they say U1 does Ridiculous amount of damage.

As a punish combo, 2 Rekkas, into U1 would be great damage.

Dragon kicks can be jump canceled? really? that cant be truth, please someone (de)confirms this.

^ dunno if you guys know but today i was playing with dae. i saw him do FA (crumple) ex palm into U2. pretty cool.