Martial Masters anyone?

looking at the following link, you can see that they’ve made other fighters

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=809

ive only played this game once. it was in a shitty arcade in a grodey mall/flea market type place. every machine there has something wrong with it, and martial masters had extremely tight sticks. as far as things that are usually wrong with their sticks, that was a blessing. i messed around for a few matches and it was pretty cool. i wish it would get some sort of console port because im too lazy to ride my bike 15 miles to get there, and ive only managed to play against a single person in anything there ever. he played me for one match in CVS, lost easily, and wouldnt rematch even when i offered to pay.

be nice to see a console port then maybe this game would get some much needed love. I doubt we’ll ever get one though

Yeah, unfortunately.

links are still not working in MAME yet last time i checked version 112 which is the newest one, links dont work, so its not fun to not be able to connect combos:wasted:

Is that true? The guy above says that it don’t work with the lastest version.

It works for me you must remeber that MAME and MAME 32 are different as far as versions go MAME32 isn’t always updated as fast … I’m sure I did link combos but it may not be 100% the combo linking , moogly guy fixed it…

plus you couldn’t play the AI before because it was screwy before it just blocked everything and stood still, but now it’s like a regular fighting game…

also if you use the cheats on MAME MAWS, you get 2 extra characters true lotus master and nomario’s sister

I’m using MAME 116u something…IIRC, plus bonus news two new fighters in the latest MAME release bloodwarrior kinda looks crappy and Asura blade part 2, I just can’t find a MAME32 version guess I’ll have to compile MAME 112u2 I guess :frowning:

Is there any version of MAME thats online compatible that has this game playable?

not that I know of I’m sure the chineese must have hooked themselves up, just start chatting in kali I’m sure a few of them will know how to compile it into MAME or at least nebula or something…

Ah I played asura blade 2 yesterday not as good as martial masters but it’s alright

no success thus far :sad:

well I got a MAME32 with aura blade 2 to work but I don’t really play online…

it okay not as good as I’d hoped…

with what I told you I don’t play online

single player seems fine not 100% though like maybe 93%

I can’t get Mame112 working at all :frowning:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=3677906#post3677906

I really want to try Martial Masters.

I’m playing it on Nebula, and for some reason the music is messed up. Wtf? What’s up?

I’ve tried it on Nebula it actually runs smooth more so than on the new Mame32. But yeah the same problems still persist, ie: graphics are all messed and music is too. However you can do combos and links properly but its damn hard on a keyboard.

Anyone know how to set Nebula up with a SmartJoy convertor?

http://www.newchallenger.net/main/showthread.php?t=398&highlight=martial+masters

Cool little combo clip and a detailed run down on how to play thanks to Battousai! :wgrin:

1 name ghostkick

I was told by rick stalvey that this game was done by the people behind third strike/street fighter 3… so im wondering if it plays like that?

Holy Shit, Wong Fei Hung is in this game!!! :wow:

Just got this, loving it so far, been using Monkey Boy. Any match vids around ?