Maki Moveset and Attributes

join ocgn tourney (http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89565)

but also, how do the air cancels work? special and super cancels.

i’ve canceled and air move by accident into a wall move, not sure how and why it worked.

what can we do with air move xx grab and super grab?

Air special/super cancels work in the exact same way as ground special/super cancels, though the window to do it is MUCH smaller.

The only reason I can imagine using an air grab or super grab off an air attack cancel is to screw over JDs and parries. It wouldn’t make much sense in either case, since if they looked to JD or parry your move in the first place, they would have just as easily been grabbed out of the air.

I totally didn’t realize about cancelling the wall jump moves in the air. I’m going to play around with that and see if it’s possible to totally fuck someone over in the corner in this way.

finally found out far s.mp doesn’t get dp’d like far s.mk does. pretty fun to s.mp someone doing a wakeup dp. i’m guessing that the tonfa can’t get hit. what else can i do with the unhittable tonfa? any other tricks besides stuffing dp’s? is there anything like this for c.mp?

I recently saw a video of someone doing a grab on the last hit of Maki’s chain combo. I tried to find out how to do it thinking it was the same way as Guy’s but no dice. Does anyone know how to do this? Also, I tried using d+HP after the third hit of the chain, and I got a missed throw animation but I was way too far away to get the throw. What up wit dat?

it’s jsut the timing that’s tricky. keep trying it til you get it

I need avdice on playing K-Maki. I’ve read ZenFire’s guide and most of this thread, but I’m still having trouble soaking it all in.Some things I already know \assume about Maki are:

1. Standing mk is great.
  2. It’s hard to get someone with her supers.(At least in my opinion.)
  3. Crouching hp is good.
  4. Her jumping d.mp has good priority, IMO.

Also, is her KKK move as good as people say it is, I’m afraid to use this since it drains health.

Also again, what is good for attacking blocked tatsumakis and such because c.hp isn’t working unless I’m doing it too late. Any help would be appriciated.

You read my guide? cool =]

I dunno what advice to give you that’s overly generic that I didn’t already put in my guide. If there’s something about a certain matchup, maybe I can help. As for blocked Tatsus and c.hp, I think you mean whiffed tatsus since maki and everyone else can crouch under them. What you do depends on how close to you they land. If it’s hk that passes over you I’m thinking maybe hayagake into slide if it’s closer, c.mp xx genko or just throw. Maki’s throw is really really worth it.

Thanks. I was playing my frined yesterday and he was getting pissed at Maki’s pokes. I also learned that standing mp stuffs burning knuckle (sweet!). I guess I just wanted an all-purpose strategy for playing maki since I can’t find any good match vids on Youtube.

Her up close S.Hk is great Anti-Air and Anti-Crossup.