Maki: Cvs 2 Rebirth. (AKA "The Sweet Ninja" )

is there any way to jump over a person and before landing perform the 720 super either level 1 or level 3?

You can empty Short Jump if you got it.

Otherwise here are a few tricks I learned since I got back to Okinawa from my friends:

1. Low poke string (any), buffer a backward Run, immediately hit mk, you super jump OVER the opponent and to the wall, then you either (a) wall command grab them from behind, (b) lp jump in thier face and 720 them from behind, © command wall kick them from behind, or (d) lk drop down and do nothing.

Great mind game. 85% of people don’t react in time the first few times you do this, then you just start dropping down safely for a mind game.

makis my bitch:evil: hehe just joking :lol: i say just move around like crazy like jumping all over the place and get your oppenent tick off then just start kicking his ass if he loses he concetration. works for me most of the time until they see what the heck im doing then they just start playing the waiting game and then i do too:D

To bring up some of Maki’s normals, I have to ask if there’s much of any use for her close RH. Is there? The opponent’s hit stun is shorter than your recovery, and that is NOT good. Maybe I’m thinking far RH… I forget which one. Anyways, is this a bufferable normal? That’s the only use I can see for it. Also, I find Maki’s s.forward to be one of her greatest normals… Too good. Of course, she has a great set of fierces too.

eh…i dont’ use her RH at all, mk is really all you need for poking
dont’ forget to run a lot

Her roundhouse can anti-air jumps that are in front of her better than her c.fp can. You have to know the ranges. Her sweep is also one of her better normals, doesn’t have the range of stand mk but it’s pretty damn good.

Close stand rh can be anti-crossup if you can predict it coming. Otherwise, you’re safest bet is mashing KKK.

a fun thing to do, and effective, if they jump in a lot, try to predict when they are gonna jump…and then jump with them and grab them out of the air really fast before they can land a hit

edit: also a good anti air :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you talk talking about hcf+p. If so, I need to use It alot more to get a feel for the properties. I keep forgeting about the move to play around with It In actual play.Ps. To Maki player’s Do not!.. I repeat. Do not use the kkk move when your opponet in the corner, and has a “Safe Fall” Groove. Trust me. I saw this japanese vid ,and it was not pretty. :lol: :eek:

yes, the hcf+p…i got it to work on people who try to corner trap jump in’s…but after a while…people figured me out and started attacking earlier in the air to knock me out of the air before i do the air grab…if you find a way to effectively use the air throw, plz post it

You can poke for a bit, then get in close and bait a jump and tigerknee it.

It’s not a very good move.

I’m REALLY REALLY new to playing Maki. I decided to pick her up becuae she is amazingly fast, can do some good damage, and is a ninja (like my main ninja, Mai). I’m looking up her movelists to kida figure her basics, but I was wondering how Maki should be played. Seeing as how she’s a kunoichi, I’d figure that she’s rushdown, but I don’t want to take a risk with that great an assumption. Any ideas or strats would be of good aid, and thanks in advance.

-NinjMai

Just get comfortable with all of her movements. Trust me. you dont want to get confused. I play hit and run. I usually get in and get out. If you feel pressure dont be afraid to use kkk. If you get your opponet on the ground try to keep them guessing ,and make sure they there. If you can rush down… do it!:slight_smile: Dont for get her normals. I would say Maki’s best normals are…s.mk (use that shit), s.mp, c.mk. s.lk,c.mp best jump in’s J.hp, J.down mp(use that shit too) J.hk
That should get you started… Fellow Ninga!:lame: :mad:

No D

1st of all I think people are trying to overthink with Maki. You can actually play a conserved normal game and be sucessful, not run all over the place like a psychotic ADHD crack fiend.:lol:

Not to say that running isn’t an obvious part of her gameplan, but people over-emphasize and overuse it to the point to when they reach predictability.

Anyways here’s some of my hopefully useful info:

-C.HP has one the highest normal AA priority (if not the highest in the game). It can be almost abused and is good against JDers and ok against parries. (Because if you do C.Hp very early so they parry the very tip of the tonfa so their attacks can’t reach you.):evil:

-Her easy BnBs are (jump in) S.FP, Genko or C.MP, S.FP, Genko. It’s strangely damaging for such a simplistic combo.

-Also you can tick throw then when you attempt it again they’ll expect it so tick with jab then S.HK when they jump away it’'ll advance forward and hit them.Muhahaha!!!:evil: If attempt the same thing with C.HP in A-Groove I think you can CC afterwards.

-Running is very useful in N & K Grooves mainly cuz you can build A LOT of meter, but it’s worthless in K.

-A K-Groove Raged Kick Super does an astounding 7260 damage, that’s 260 more points than the Raging Demon!!!:eek: This makes it one of the most damaging supers in the game since most characters have a lifebar of 11000 you practically won if you combo it from a S.HP or S.HK!!!:evil:

-I saved the best for last.:cool: Maki’s (AIR!!!) 720 LV.3 is probably the one thing that makes me win with her. People seem to forget that when you RC you gain both the advantages and disadvantages of a roll meaning you can throw their special. In K-Groove you can air JD Throw Special or Super which is why I use K!!!

Not only that when you jump people will use a DP which you can super throw, meet you in the air with an attack which you can super throw, in Blanka’s case use his AA J.FP which you can still super throw, or even E.Honda’s AA headbut RCed or not!!! But the timing is kinda hard. The most impressive thing I’ve done is air super throw Ken’s Shinryuken!!!:lol: The guy was in absolute SH:eek:CK!!! Too Good!!!

FUN (but useful) STUFF:

• Try running away from E.Honda’s Headbutt, Sagat’s Ground Tiger Cannon, or SHDK then using the wall jump. Don’t try that stuff on Balrog or Rock cuz their quick as hell supers will destroy your pansy psuedo Megaman run away!!! LOL!!!

I hope I helped the Maki community a little!!! :slight_smile:

btw, I was meaning to ask you, how did you do at ECC?

I was… going to ECC with “Team Maryland”/“Team Magic Stick” :o… When our rental car Plans got screwed up. lilkoopsta couldn’t Rent a van, Because of the Holiday weekend.:frowning: :lame:. I think the only player from Maryland that went to ECC was Baltimore Chun. I think Jason Cole took him out, and he placed 9th? :confused:.
I wish I could go to EVO but I cant afford it. There are like 6 player for Maryland attending. I hope they make It on the DVD. I think they have a good chance in CVS2/3S. I wish them Skill. I am going to make sure I attend both ECC/EVO next year with out fail.:mad: :slight_smile:

Pleez talk more Maki strats!!!:frowning: I wanna learn more, I posted my stuff… ^:)

Damn that sucks man, I’m sorry to hear that.

Cancer prevented me from going. ha

I can’t go to the arcade until tommorow so could anyone test this A-Groove CC setup:

S.LP, S.MP, S.HP, whiffed C.HP XX CC?:bluu: If it worx it’ll be GREEEAAAT!!!:smiley:

And isn’t her air throw QCF not HCF? :bluu:

Is she worth anything in A-Groove? In casual play, he ground CC, which consists of st. mk ==> st. RH (a few dozent times), st. FP xx qcf. FP xx qcfX2 FP seems ok. But it very often whiffs from the getgo even after nailing the st. mk.

I really loved setting it up on shotos when I ran up to a dead body, baiting a dp or throw attempt and activating to blow through, but since the st. RH hits high it started turning sour. Is there a way to make the character stand up during a hit so that ur st. RH’s don’t whiff?

She’s kinda worth it in A-Groove, her CC RKx80% of bar to C.RK, whiff S.LP, jump, J.RK, 720 super. It does 8000+ damage.

But wait!!! Her K-Groove combo, S.RK, Tesshinhou does even more!!!:lol: So I think it’s not worth it in some cases unless you like putting a lot of effort for the same damage. :wink: