Lunch Time! Tron Q & A Thread - Ask a Question get an Answer

Thanks. Unfortunately, that’s all stuff I knew already. I was hoping there were some things I overlooked that could help, but that’s looking a lot like wishful thinking at this point. TK drills, by the way, don’t work against a good defense. Disruptor and his assists don’t allow it.

I like when he tries to rush me down because I’m confident in being able to block him consistently. If he gets close he’s pretty much doing my work for me, much easier for me to create an opportunity. Since I can do the DHC trick into my 2nd character (Ammy), he’s pretty much done if I touch him with Tron. But if he turtles, it feels a lot like Honda VS Ryu in ST.

Well i didnt mean just go for a tiger knee drill from full screen, that really doesnt work on anyone. I was saying if youre already in his face its something you can do to stall for time until you get youre assist back :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah, I am by no means an expert. For all I know I could be playing this matchup completely wrong. If you come up with any new technology for this matchup let me know :smiley:

hey guys im having problems with this combo: c.L-c.M-H xx RDP+H, M(2)-f+M(5) xx jump (up/forward), j.M-H-S, land, c.M-S, sj.M-M-H-S, land, dash, df+H (desks first tron combo) I can’t get passed the jump cancel since after i hit M-H S either wiffs or barely comes out. What am I doing wrong?

Hold uf as soon as you do f+M, use M as soon as you possibly can, cancel into H and then cancel that into S. It takes practice. If you don’t start it as soon as you leave the ground it won’t work.

Oh, and try to catch the opponent as low to the ground as possible with the st.M before f+M. Not too low or they’ll recover out of it.

So I learned something that might help out against Mr. Erik. Boulder toss, s.H, and s.S nullify projectiles. I already knew that gustaff fire does, but that doesn’t help in this matchup. If you can get around mid screen (normal jump and air dash at the apex, block during it), it’s possible to punish EM disruptor with s.H xx drill (the s.H will nullify the disruptor). If he cancels into shockwave to stop you, you can cancel into Servbot Surprise. You’ll get hit, but so will he. Tron has more life than he does, and depending on who your second character is you can also DHC to avoid the shockwave entirely while getting a double whammy.

Another thing you can do if he continuously abuses disruptor is block, dash forward, then do one of the following:

[list]Dash cancel and block.[/list]
[list]Hold up back.[/list]
[list]Jump forward and quickly hold back.[/list]

That last one gives you the best distance because you recover instantly after blocking it in the air while close to the ground. You can get pretty close to him quickly like this.

I think if you can use an assist that keeps him pinned down while using L and M drills to chip, and trading supers when you can, it’ll help you keep a life lead. I’ll test everything out the next opportunity I get.

Yeah, I noticed that H and S nullify projectiles when I was 1v1 with an Akuma, very useful, but can be tough to time.

It’s a nice punish to safe blockstrings to cancle the block stun with x-factor into lvl3 hyper and in lvl3 xfactor it can kill some characters outright. Very situational but great for comebacks.

I’ve caught people with the Level 3 after a blocked tron drill if they don’t advancing guard. You have to remember though you can’t grab a guy out of block stun, wait to make sure they have just finished blocking the last hit before you do it. If you try it too early your grab will whiff.

Is Bonne Strike safe? Been trying to end a block string with it but it is hard to tell if its safe or my opponent is just slow at reacting

I have been using a team of Magneto (Hypergrav/Disrupter), Tron Bonne (Gustaf Fire), and Sentinel (drones). Recently I found out that not only is the rocket punch assist good for magneto combos, but can still do the bnb combos for Tron Bonne as well. So should I swap the drones assist for Rocket Punch?

I wouldn’t drop Drones for Rocket Punch. Magneto can already combo like a beast by himself so I would focus on whatever allows Tron to continue a combo. I think that Drones allow her to get in more easily as well as continue her combos. Keep the Drones.

No, not safe. Safest way to end a block string is with cr.H or Bandit Boulder (or both!)

An air Bonne Strike done just off the ground (tigerknee it) is safe though.

Along these lines, if I do a block string into a fwd+M and then jump cancel fwd, what’s the best sequence to keep the momentum goin’?

Totally depends on whether or not your opponent is airborne, but I’m assuming they’re still grounded if you were doing a ground block string. But I’d suggest starting with j.M for taller characters and j.L for shorter ones, and see if you can hit-confirm something.

If they’re in air you could do the same thing or try an air throw.

I’ve been playing Tron on point since launch, but now I’m trying to find a way to utilize her flame assist. My team is Tron(b)/Sent(a)/Morrigan(y), and especially after the Sent nerf, I can’t really pin down who I want to run the team with. I usually mess around with the order, but I’d like to find a true point character. Who do you think is the best person to run on point in my team? Or should I pick up someone new? If so, who should I drop?

i would suggest using sentinel on point
due to the health nerf
he’s not as useful as an assist(one slip could end in his early demise)
the difference on point is you gotta play him like a heavyweight akuma
never stop moving never stop attacking
always keep the pressure on the opponent

A bit late to the discussion, but when you’re defending against Magneto (or any other rushdown character), don’t forget your Servbot Launcher (DP + attack).

True, but then I can’t utilize drones assist to cross up with Tron, and I can’t do beacon bomb -> King Kobun DHC -> HSF for DHC Trick activation

I’ve been using Dante-Jam Session/Tron-Gustaff Flame/Felicia-Rolling Buckler against my friend who’s very good as zoning out Tron with a mixed of super armor Arthur Fire Bottle and when it comes down to Arthur vs Tron, Tron just can’t seem to get in effectively.

Is there any advice about advancing in on zoning targets whether it’s by yourself or with teams?

Does Tron have an overhead? If so can she combo after it?

And what’s “box jumping?” How do i do that with Tron?