Losing, losing and losing some more

I started this game in 2 months ago, and just like you, I used to lose almost every game or every other. I actually got to like 2700 BP and win most of my games now and all I did was look at a whole bunch of SF4 videos of pros like Daigo playing and such lol. If you’re practicing combos, try to implement them in actual game. That’s pretty much what worked for me, and mess around, and have fun. If your not having fun you wont learn properly or step up your game.

wow two months!?
u on pad or did u get a stick, ive been playing around 4 months and i still blow… i keep blaming it on sakura… maybe i should switch chars

I did my best while I was on pad on the standard xbox 360 controller lol, but I did recently get a stick because like all others I thought that when you use a stick you become instantly “pro” or something but sadly I am HORRIBLE when I first started, to the point I couldn’t do the ultra every time. I am almost up to the level I was on pad but still not there… Its been a week lol.

Basically you become good on what you practice on/spend the most time on, this goes for characters also.

I hear you man. Its an ebb and flow. I was winning quite a bit for a while, and then as I started to move toward intermediate strategies I had started to fall apart and forgot about the fundamentals. I wanted to smash the game in half sometimes. I have been playing 3 months, and this is the first time I picked up a street fighter since the new warriors were introduced way back in the SF2 series.

Use the forums. I have leaned on a lot of people here for help and advice. Upload videos, ask around, there are some really knowledgeable people here who are more than willing to help you improve. Use them.

Not always, but, in ranked matches you can almost guarantee that people are gonna try harder to defend those points. Though it isn't really about the points, adding some kinda risk and reward gives that little nudge to say " do your best and don't hold back!". I try not to let points go to my head. But I aim to get player points. Not really for the sake of points, but I let the points be a sort of measurement to estimate how good a player is. I feel that if you keep doin your best in ranked your points will eventually reflect how your doing. And I don't feel like there lying. No matter how great a player I wanna say I am. I can't seem to break into 3000 pp. If I keep aiming at pp and winning all the time. I always seem to hit 2900....then I drop back down. But if I stop and just focus on improving myself, the player points start to show it. Unfortunately as soon as points get to my head. I drop again!  I'm a little confused by bp however. It goes for your character. But how can some people have 15000 bp and still only 2000-3000pp? I also find it kind of strange that while some people's points are unbalanced like that, I've had 4800sumthin bp with my character for the longest. As I closed in on 3000 pp, my bp was in the 5000. But back to 4800bp when my player points dropped again.
        Sorry, i feel I went a bit off topic but. Yeah, I do think people are more likely to try harder in ranked then in endless. Even when the room says serious matches on it. Though it definently helps to have a room say serious matches so people come with the intention of putting some effort in their fights.
 On moooooore thing! Sometimes I'll have a room that says serious matches even though I'm not on my main. But I a playing seriously! I just don't wanna risk points on a new character. So in that case, I would play weaker in endless. And as for rooms that say training on it. What do people do in there? Are they just playin with new characters? Or chatting and discussing how to use there characters! (in ever join those rooms!)
 One moooooore thing!
  I did once find an endless battle with a dud who was on a 26 win streak. (and he just kept going). He said he was " trying to lose". But he finds it difficult to lose with his main. He's looking for players that can beat him. (even though i felt like I could beat him. I kept losing for some mysterious reason.....) I wanna be at that level!!!!!!!!
Maby... We should be great full that it's easy to lose? XD I dunno!

[quote=" alotta stuff I agree with!.[/quote]

You know how I feel about it? The moment you feel like you know all there is to know about playing the game. You stop getting better! (maby I'm off topic and just thinking about myself) 
     But lately I've been getting serious about getting better. (more serious then ever before!) And I've been learning a lot of new ways to play. The way I see the game has changed so much in fact that I don't feel like I know how to play anymore. I can just run the attack patterns I use to run! I feel like I've temporarorily gotten worse. But that's because I feel like my brain is rewiring. I'm implementing new stuff into my game. I'm makin better use of my normals and my defenses are getting better. (I tech way more throws and am more confident in my ability to block rather than always backdash....which players with more player points punish me for)
 So yeah! As long as you feel like you don't know what your doing. Your getting better at something! (just the way I'm currently feelin)

Also, I always liked watching ,my replays, but I’ve taken watching my replays to a whole nother level! I use the my channel advanced, and I the last 10 ranked matches I did, (win, lose, even match, me destroying or being destroyed, I take em all!) and I just let it run, and I watch. It’s nice to watch multiple replays straight through so you can watch you play style and patterns play out over many fights. I see how I like to start fights and how I generally react to many situations I run into. I think habits show up better when you notice what you like to do, in EVERY fight!
I also put in my bio that if anyone else is watching, I wouldn’t mind some critiquing! You see, when I’m not playing I like to leave my Xbox on and have myself broadcasting replays. (my status is set to away of course). This is something I just started recently, so it’s been about 2 or 3 days?
Anyway, I got a response on Xbox live from one random person. It wasn’t very helpful but it gives me hope cause at least it shows the people don’t mind watching and responding. The messages I received said " guy is average" ( I use guy). Then the next message said, " and good luck at evo. You won’t get far" (this was the same guy…and my bio also says I’m goin to evo). It wasn’t exactly helpful and maby it was even a discouraging message but! The next step of my plan is to get more people in on this by starting a thread on srk. I wouldn’t mind visiting other peoples replay channels myself. (and watch other guy players). I mean sure I can watch tournament footage and hog level play on YouTube and by using the “watch player” feature in ssf4. But just watching the bestbe way better then you isn’t enough. I wanna see how other players in general approach my the character I play. (they just need to be decent, ya know. As long as it doesn’t look like they picked up the character yesterday). You can learn a lot from everything all over the place! No need to limit my sources for learning!
Also, I like just leavin the replay channel on. It’s like random replay channel only, it features me! My replays just passively being on encourages me to watch replays of me cause it’s like…well… It’s there. If I go to sit down to play I get caught up watching a replay of me before I fight.
One moooore thing!.. I do turn my Xbox off from time to time. It’s not totally on 24/7.

Man, I'm sorry my responses are so long..... I can't help it!! Once I get started I spiral out of control! Things come to my mind and don't stop!

One more thing! ( actually… Like 3 more things came to mind so… I’ll just stop now. I could go all day!)

This is my… Direct response to the opening of this thread! I don’t think any amount of losses are too many!!! If I’m a noob, I’d expect you to see my record saying I have more losses than wins! All though lately…I’ve been at a sort of, train train train then go make a record with more wins than loses! Mentality.
Anyway… Right now with my. Main I think im at 50% wins.
In street fighter vanilla I had like 30 or 39%. :frowning:
But in each I think I have thousands of fights played! (in vanilla it was close to 5000)
As much as I like winning I just have to keep fighting! I guess I don’t have too much fear of losing. I always worry that I lose a lot but I guess I focus more on my loses then my wins. Maby I should pat myself on the back for winning as often as I do now. But I always aim to be better so… I focus on everything that’s wrong (starting with, “what is exactly that’s so wrong right now!?”).
Although I guess my record was never as bad as yours sounds like it is from what I’ve read, I’ve also always been at most fighting games as soon as they came out. So I was learning side by side with everyone as they were. New to the game. So I guess, you got a long ways to go! But just keep fightin! Part of what keeps me fighting is the feel that,even when I lose…I do my best to put up a good fight and make other people work hard to beat me. And if someone is so kind enough to keep destroying me and not either A.leavethe room, or B.kick me out. I treat with the mentality of “I’m playin a game and this is a boss character and Imma keep tryin till I beat this boss so I can get to the next level!” I once lost 20 rounds to a dude. (I usually like to have one win by 20 rounds).but it just wasn’t happenin… He was just playin too solid. I would win rounds, and almost win often. But I never one a full match. How can I keep getting so close, but never land the final blow??? Unfortunately this was before I had the idea to move my replay data to a memory card, so I could free up all 150 replay slots I had filled, and start saving replays by the tens!!! But now I have a yun player and a Seth player who destroyed me countless times and I’m Savin those replays! Thos are the kinda replays I feel need critiquing the most though, cause clearly, to keep getting beaten so badly means that the guy who’s beating… Just straight up knows and understands more about the game then I do. I don’t stand a chance. My effort can’t make me win… So I need knowledge.
Maby I will do the YouTube thing but… I wanna post… I guess you know… Maby I’ll show my most recent fights weekly, to see improvement. I already see little baby step improvement in incriments from my daily, 10 ranked battle matches.

Hmm... Again I typed a lot! Also, I couldn't help but keep other stuff that I read from the thread in mind so I guess I still responded to that stuff too.

When it comes to advice! I guess I never give any! I just share what what I’m doing to improve myself! Cause I really don’t know for sure! I just do what I do! Only person guiding me is me!
I like rope drink’s response the best!

No way man. When sfxt first came out. I beat people with just…sweep…sweep…sweep…sweep…sweep…sweep…sweep…KO!!! I think sfxt got a lot of new people into fighters or something. And even still I can go online and do…knock down…(person rolls on wake-up) grap…they roll…grab…they roll…grab…they roll…grab…they start yelling at their headset…KO!!!

Shit, there’s never enough losses. I’ll reach that point before you and I just started playing again. I played Dan tonight and I’m 6 out of 23. So fun.

Losing is one of the things that comes with playing fighting games and there’s never a limit on losing. I remember those days when I was getting into SS4 and I had a set against this random guy. He beat me 10-0 and I left. He sent me a msg saying don’t give up and learn from your losses. Played him again 50 matches and I only won 1 game lol. I felt like taking a hammer and breaking the disc lol but now when I look back I think losing that bad made me realize how important practicing and learning from your mistakes help you. Not saying ima fighting god now cuz hell nah im not but shit like this game takes time and practice. Learn your character matchups, setups etc and just keep practicing in the training room and online everything you learn.

Fight games are BS who want to lose 100 times before you win a match, its not fun or entertaining.