LAURA Match Up Thread

If only it were that simple. I honestly don’t know if it’s just online bullshit (despite the “improvements”), but not only has st.HK never come out when she dashes, even st.LP and st.LK get thrown. Another thing is that since my friend loves to use cr.MK so much, I down/back a lot against him. Yet just about every single time he tosses it out and I block it, he then does the V-Skill overhead. Even when I know it’s coming, and I hold straight back (I am standing), it hits me 100% of the time if I’m not already standing before the animation even begins. It’s really goddamn stupid.

He’s also fairly decent with a few other characters, and he can’t actually beat me consistently with any of them. Yet he can 9-1 me all night with Laura, and more often than not the rounds are always close. Yet as soon as he gets me into the corner, it doesn’t matter how low he is, I’m pretty much dead. Can’t jump, and every single normal he tosses out beats mine. He doesn’t seem to get how stupid her moves are against Bison.

Hell attack doesn’t hit Laura when she jumps at cross up range. The only move that works is neutral jump short. Sometimes. cr. HP just toally misses. Also she handles pressure just fine. In fact, she handles it way better than Bison, because she can literally stuff everything he tries if he’s closer than st.MK range with ease. The only thing you can do is back dash, and once you’re in the corner, you basically have to beg for her to do a punishable (on block) move, or you’ve already lost. In both of the videos posted in here, those Laura’s had terrible anti air reactions. The guy I play against stops everything with her AA throw or st.MP without fail.

Must be online lag. I stuff Laura out of her dash all the time. Back dashing even works when you’re in the corner. I made sure to play my friend offline to see what he can’t get away with first. Also blocking pushes her away. We go pretty even on a first to ten. If you can, play your friend offline to see if the same thing is happening.

Edit: also your best combo since your always crouch guard is cr.lp, cr. Lp st.lk to blast or to light sk.

Her quick jump crossup makes this match feel impossible.

Yeah you really have to block a lot against her which is frustrating since she has a command grab and safe pressure normals. If she telegraphs the jump you should spend a meter on EX Inferno to et her off, then abuse her oki. Jump back j.LP does ok against her j.MK too, not much damage but very worth not dying.

Laura player, lurking. I’m looking to see what Bipson army thinks is our best pressure. I find it hard to face bison and I’m kinda shocked to see so many people thinking Laura has the upper hand. She has some of the worst wake up in the game. Stay on top of her after a knock down. Mix s.HK with throws and cr.lk into neutral jump HK and fish for another s.HK crush counter. That’s what gives me the most problems.
While on vtrigger, scissor her to death. Abuse crossup dash into throw/s.hk “mixup”. Always make sure to test their anti air reactions. Don’t be afraid to jump at her in the first round, test the laura player’s reaction. A laura that can’t anti air is easy pickins for Bipson. Something else to test out is seeing if the laura player dashes under you to avoid your chross up MK. That’s another sign of a good laura player. Dont respect any laura player that fails any of those tests.

Up close is scariest for me. When I need to guess throw tech, low or command throw. If I get really scared I may jump, then I may get anti aired. If that happens Im done! :bawling:

Fireball + mix up on Bison’s wake up as he has no good options.

A laura on the inside being agressive is scary as heck.

You can test a Bison’s anti airs in pretty much the same way. cr HP early enough is great, but late will trade. If he uses cr MP, st LP or dashes, then he is probably good.

DONT jump when he has CA. Its like Hakan from SF4 lol.

this fight is impossible, a friend just used light crouching punch and beats everything I do, not to mention the constant crossings!!
I know he has never had a good AA but with his walking speed he really needs a good AA.

I don’t say Laura is easy for Bison, but you have to know what you can and can’t do. Most jabs are positive on block, it’s not your turn to push a button if you block a jab. If they blow up your pressure with jabs, you’re not choosing the right options. Say, Laura s.lp is 3f, so she can jab you out of st.mp, cr.mp. So don’t use this if you know they use s.lp a lot. Replace it with st.mp, st.mk/cr.mk. Then they won’t jab you anymore and you can try more rewarding traps.

But I have bad news for you. Your friend will learn her good options, which are a lot more scary than cr.lp pressure.

I think my buddy just learned her scarier options. lol. Its like I go from getting slaughtered to winning majority of the time now I’m back to getting slaughtered. Its a constant change in his options. I try to stay on him and bak dash when ever i see st.mk because i know he’s either going to dash or command grab. I just have to get used to blocking more. But I don’t like it because you have to look out for the command grab.

Is Laura safe when she uses her v skill after her cr mk? When can I counter poke her pressure. It seems like her fireball startup is almost impossible to punish

Nobody’s command dash vskills are safe on block for a move like that. She can do cr.mk>lp elbow and be safe at -2, which makes people hesitant to push a button and slow to react and punish the Vskill dash in.

But cr.mk is more unsafe than some other options, since there’s very little difference between it on hit or block. It’s meant to be cancelled into elbow. She’s -7 on block when she advance vskills, and -6 on HIT when she does that. So you’ve got more time to react than you think. Take a step back from whoever you’re playing, or from online ranked or whatever, and just set it up in training mode to look at it more closely. Characters that do these sorts of things have the potential to make players overly emotional and react poorly to situations that are actually in their favor.

EDIT: do it with a higher height attack, in case you’re slow and she wheel kicks over a low poke somehow.

Her j.MK beats all of those options. The only thing Bison can do against a smart Laura is jump back and hit LK (anti cross up), MP or HP when she jumps in.

I’ll go through some old videos vs my friend to see if I can recognize a pattern. Maybe what I think as cr mk is something else idk. Maybe I’m attempting to punish it wrong or in giving it too much respect as you say

You can try forward dash also.

Month+ in, there’s definitely something odd about her particular jump angle and attacks compared to other characters. More than anyone else I have a really hard time keeping her from jumping at me. The answers are there of course, jump back LK, neutral jump MP, dash under, but for some reason some of her attacks are winning out anyway.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

Same problem, she s a painful to fight. The lauras I fight keep jumping after many anti air, they doesnt care, and its hard to always react. Once she gets in, im in panic…
WHERE IS OUR JAB ANTIAIR Capcom ?!

I hate how none of the cast give 2 shits about our AA and opponents always jumping they won’t stop!!! Bad enough that challenges are teaching new comers to jump with every single trial starting with jump… This game does an awful job of even teaching the fundamentals lol. Sucks that I can’t do the same to my enemies and jump at them since the rest of the cast can stop our jumps but we can’t stop them from jumping.

Bison has no wake up either though, so this one goes two ways, except only one of them gets a command grab

Not saying Bisons bad or anything, but this match does feel harder than you are suggesting. It might be better than I thought though, does anyone have high level footage of this match?

Whats high level considered for you? to Golds fighting it out? I got some newer vids with me and my buddy. a real pain in the ass with Laura. You can play with her two ways. Keep her out or stay on top after knock downs

I.m the same way. I asked my buddy why does he always jump in? He told me that its not enough punish for him to stop so I jump and beat him with the j. mp into phsyco blast then my CA