Kim stat's.....!?

Everyone is always talking about how Kim has good C Cancels. I know he has level 2 rush super xx lvl 1 air super, but that doesnt even do as much damage as a level 3 rush super, so why use it? What other cancels would he have?

Its been awhile since ive played so i dont remember damage specificly but umm im quite sure that level 2 to level 1 does more then a level 3. Are you cancling at the last hit? Or doing the hit before? maybe thats why its doing less damage. cuz ahh like i said its been awhile since i played but it shouldnt do less damage.

anyway level 2 to level 1 air super works on bigger/fat characters anywhere on the screen, and works on all characters as long as your near the corner.

If vs regular type characters yea you probably would have to cancle the hit before last so it might do less…

anywho umm level 2s in genral are a better idea obviously then level 3s beacuse umm you only risked a level 2 instead of the level 3. And you still have a level to work off of. And go for mix ups etc. In most cases whatever the level 3 can do the level 2 can also be used for. So theres really not much reason to use levels 3.

Ahhh plus besides his infinite(which obviously dizzys and kills) theres also another hrmm gosh who knows 55ish maybe higher stun combo he has with his level 2s. Its something rush super then you cancle to air super or maybe you only have to do hishou kyaku(qcf+k in the air) and land and then right when you land you do down up+hk. you basicly charge for the move while the other crap is happening. Now that i think about it maybe it is with the super…

hrmm sorry i cant help more i had a thread at one time just go look for it it had a some crap in it with cancles etc so i probably talked about it there or somethign…

Actually, Kim has quite a few good standing pokes (I wasn’t knowledgeable of this until I was taught by Yong Hav). s.RH is definitely one of my favorites. Despite the fact that it has a bit of start up, its hit frames start even before the kick actually fully extends. So as long as the kick is halfway out you’ll still have the potential to knock out a lot of stuff. Very nice priority. Beats out just about any normal. So if you throw this out and Blanka/Sagat try a c.FP to cancel as long as your s.RH is out there first (just about ready to connect with the opponent) it’ll beat them out cleanly. Very good guard crush potential and goes into his right foot stance. Also combos on counter hit into his right foot stance FP which causes a knockdown. Another s.RH tidbit…no character in the game can duck under this poke so if they start getting turtley, just poke away and bring down that guard meter.

s.FP is another good one. Characters with larger crouch animations like Zangief, Blanka and Sagat can’t crouch under this either. It’s like the quicker, less damaging alternative to s.RH. So against bigger characters switching up between s.FP and s.RH can really put on some pressure. s.FP has awesome priority and takes out a lot of stuff. Very good whiff punisher (means if someone misses an poke/special move, it’s easy to punish with). Will also take out Sagat/Blanka c.FP’s clean as long as it connects before their c.FP has a chance to come out. Meaning as long as you fire it out they have to be really careful about throwing one. Does ok GC and mixed in with s.RH can really work on the guard meter.

j.FP essentially is an awesome air move. I learned from Chemistren how this beats out all normal AA’s. Including Geese/Iori c.FP’s. Very good air to air move as well.

Kim’s best AA’s aside from his AA specials are s.FK and c.FP. s.FK is probably your best option in most situations. Has good vertical height and beats out just about any jump in AA as long as you time it right. c.FP is good as well since it has crazy height, though the priority on it is a bit sketchy. Used in conjunction with s.FK though it can really make the person scared to jump in on you. Works well as an early AA. Close up s.SK works well in a pinch.

Um…c.FK (c.forward/medium kick) isn’t as bad of a normal as most people put it out to be. It may not be as fast as Terry’s or Geese’s but, it still has decent priority and combos into his qcb+P and d,d+K. Which the latter combo (c.FK to d,d+K) has nasty GC potential. Meaning even if blocked you’re pretty much safe as long as you don’t go into right foot stance and does great GC damage. c.SP to d,d+K has a similar effect. Not to mention if this combo connects he can go straight into his qcb,db,f+K super. c.RK (sweep) has really good priority and comes out almost instantly. Recovery is decent as well.

stand fierce does not beat sagat and blankas ducking fierce clean. Come on guy…

Well…maybe not necessarily “clean” though as long as you set it up it can stop a c.fierce before it fully comes out. Which is good enough.

I say we should get caliagent back in here for confirmation.:smiley:

I use to play the game a lot 2 years ago, I know dude.

Why dont you just go in try in training mode to see how cleanly kims stand fierce beats duck fierce from sagat or blanka.

Dunno not saying kims move isnt good vs sagat or blanka, cuz yea they cant block it. But if you are going into a match thinking that your stand fierce is gonna be there duck. They are sadly mistaken.

Well kim’s s.fierce doesn’t really beat sagat’s c.fierce per se. It will beat it if u hit him b4 his hitting frames come out (as with any other normal). BUT maybe the reason u r beating sagat with the s.fierce is becuase of the way u bait him into doing it. I usually do: c.lk, c.lp, s.lk, s.fierce as a poke string. Usually people are mashing and i get the counter hit, so that might be y u r beating his s.fierce Deviljin. If u match c.fierce up to kim’s s.fierce then kim will lose. Kim’s s.strong beats sagat’s s.fierce, and his c.fierce iirc. But yeah, i think kim is one of the better if not best mid tier character to go up against the top tiers. His really really bad match ups are vega and chun.