Kara C&DB

http://baston.esn3s.com/hitboxesDisplay_spritesheet.php?iArticle=21

Just noticed there’s a visual example (with input display!) on ESN’s website. Tested it in training mode and it’s actually not that hard to do!

Parry forward, b+mp, HCB+HK as fast as you can. It seems the trick here is that the parry stores the B+MP until the freeze ends and you input the C&DB command such that it completes just as the B+MP begins to animate, thus you get the kara.*

This game is incredible.

Edit: Oh man, I tested kara SA2 as seen in this ESN vid and it totally works. Admittedly I used neutral MP but it still adds mighty range. Try it yourself. Parry forward, MP, QCFx2+piano punches.

Edit número dos: With this method, it’s possible to kara moves your kara normal would typically interfere with. For example, kara slaps with Q is possible with this method. Parry, B+MP, QCB+P. Doo hoo hoo…

Who knows what else is possible with this kara buffer thing?

*edited for clarification

No-one checks these threads, do they?
Oh well.
It turns out that you can kara CnDB in neutral with back+MP, without parrying. The input is HCF, HCB+MP~K.
I heard about it when it made the rounds on Twitter, thanks to rKf and Goldriver posting about it (and TheShend graciously retweeting).

Funnily enough, some guy called DieOxXin made a video about it on YouTube almost 2 years ago (May 2014):

I’ve tried it myself, and it’s pretty hard - but my execution sucks ass, so whoever is reading this might find it easier. Tips: Make sure you’re hitting back when doing the HCF (I think I was just doing db, missing the input), and you have to do the HCB immediately (or almost immediately) after the HCF. I think if you leave even a small gap of a few frames you’ll get slaps.