(June 24th) Cool Desert FIGHTS in Richland, WA [eastern WA] (AE, MVC3, MK9)

So these converters…kinda random. Sometimes you really just get stuck in a direction. Don’t think anyone should use them for the tournament. Bring your PS3 sticks.

Oh and props to whoever stickied our thread! Much appreciated!

One week left. Going to try and put up some last minure flyers but itll be around town only since my car dont work. And i might need a ride to tourny if i.cant get my automobile to work.

Car works and my wife will put up flyers this week. so how are we going to do this thing? I think joyfull.said the tv was acceptable so maybe mike can check it out this week and im free all day on friday so i can help set up and get some stuff lime sodas or something let me know and lets get hype for this thing!

Should be fun :slight_smile:

man i cant wait ill be there

Whats the schedule like dont get off work till 5 in walla. Mostly wanting to Play AE. If Bret comes we will be in for the 2v2 if we can make it on time

Mike wat time should we start to set up. I can bring an extra chair too. You should post it up so that us people who are bring stuff can know wat time to be there. Thanks

We start at 5 PM so I can put you into the later part of the brackets. With only two setups, I’m sure it’ll be ok.

Cesar and I will be there when they open at noon to setup. We’ve got a floor plan going and it looks good. Lots of room. Remember tourney starts at 5 PM but signups end at 3 PM. Let me know for anyone who’s gonna be late so I can put you later in the brackets.

Also to double check, who can bring setups? I need 2 more PS3s for MK9. One more lagless LCD for MvC3 would be nice. We have a CRT to use if we have to for that. And I do need one more tv for MK9.

Thank you to anyone that can help out.

Im going to be off friday now can’t miss this. Me and bret are in for sure when do you think the 2v2 will be

I did not know that sign ups end at 3 pm! Thats fine but i dont think the flyers had that info on them so there is a chance that a lot of people will show up around 5 ish. Are they still allowed to enter or wats going to happen?

I can fill in a few people until 5 but anything after that is iffy. Signups are ending at 3 because we need to have brackets ready. The hardest part with brackets is having byes because the only brackets used are 16 man brackets and 32 man brackets which we’ll have empty spots if we don’t hit those amount of players exact;y. We can’t have someone getting 3 byes either. So it takes time to make brackets.

I am putting people in that I know for sure is gonna show up but will be late like joyfull and hector.

And thats good to hear you guys (walla walla crew) can make it out earlier. I’m unsure on the team tourney right now. Boise crew was suppose to show up but I guess their ride couldn’t make it. They were the ones mostly wanting a team tourney. So now its mainly if we get enough people and time to run one. If we are to have one, it’ll start like at 2 or 2:30 PM so it won’t cut into tourney time.

Almost tourny time i better practice and have my gameface ready for friday. Ill be there around 12ish but if there is a change of plans call me mike.

If you need any help just let me know, squeezy has my number.

I also bought a panasonic viera lcd for my ps3 if you guys need it.

B

Download tio it’s a Tournament bracket making program and it makes that portion of hosting take about 5 seconds.

What is a gimpy fish?

Lol. The Goldenchild! Man…it feels like its 2003 all over again.

yeah not sure if that is a good or bad feeling

Game day Yabuki keep your wang i mean yang off me today!!!

There might be a lot of yang on yang violence …

Nice right hook wwstar

Very exhausted. Great event people. HUGE shoutouts to Goldenchild for running TIO on his laptop and helping with brackets. I don’t think things would have went as smooth without his help. Actually I know it wouldn’t have went as smooth.

Thumb downs to trolls. I just wanna say I’m very sorry about the trolls especially the AE finals trolls (REALLY sorry Joyfull). They were very…random and way too close. Next time we run something, I think we’ll just run 2 games and have a more spacious setup, Something where you’ll have like 5 ft of room to just you and your opponent.

Shoutouts to everybody. Walla Walla, Othello (though I think you guys as Mattawa still), and all the locals. Shoutouts to Sunken Treasures crew for being awesome and letting us throw a tourney.

Don’t got the results but for AE we had 19 entrants and top 3 were…

1st - Frog (Ibuki)
2nd - joyfull78 (Ryu/Yun)
3rd - SuperGriff (Viper/Makoto)