Jill fell out of a window. The Chris Redfield Teammates discussion thread

Chris can do it with anyone, Chun does too much hits. Plus, never do one OTG into Hyper, Chris can do so much more than that.

I haven’t gotten to play Chris too much, but I definitely agree that Sent is an auto-include. He’s just as ridiculous as he was in the last game…
I’m liking the sound of Trish for trapping. I’ve been trying to figure her out a bit and so far, I like her as a character.
My question is… since Chris is a good zone character, should we go more for trapping?

What have you been able to do? Normally after an air combo I pickup with down-forward H, use an assist, then go into Sweep Combo.

I believe I’ve been able to deal around 600k for 1 bar.

I think ammy and morrigan will make good teammates, morrigans dp covers a lot of space(but isn’t as invincible as i once thought) and cold star covers a some ground and air simultaneously.

Ammy can also DHC well (at least I think she can).
Cold Star is really good at keeping them still, which can either allow you to move in or escape… which would be good for Chris. I like the sound of that.

I don’t care if sent is auto include. I’d rather have a worse team than include that Piece of lifeless junk on my team. I’m honestly reconsidering if I should use hsien KO until somebody finds a very good way to get her into dark force
Mode and get her the he’ll off point. Carpark recommended trish I’m willing to try her out. Thanks for everybodies input it’s actually helping me out a lot in deciding who I want on my team

Check out the Boulder Punching thread pages 13-14 for some inspiration, most of the combos are quite old, but here’s the last one
At mid screen: :d:+:l:,:d:+:m:,:h:,:f:+:h:, :l: BP>:l:>:m:>:h:, Magnum, Air Magnum, :f:+:h:, :s:, :m:, :m:, :h:, :s:, :a1: (Weskers Jaguar Kick, anything should do, really):d:+:h:assist connects, Flamethrower does 554,500, meterless, builds TWO bars. Will try to find something else today.

I’ll work on Chris today as well. I’m thinking him and Trish will work well.
Akuma also has a very annoying assist, which may help Chris, but I’m really not 100% right now.

Yea I was looking for an assist that served a similar purpose to sentinel force, but wasn’t since Im trying my dannest to keep my team sentinel free. If it turns out jill’s dp is good and she DHC’s well with either ammy or chris, ill probably replace morrigan with her.

But you raise a good point bout akuma, im thinking i might replace morrigan with him if his dp is better or as good because he punishes the shit out of assist.

what can he do after cr.C after knockdown? seriously, all i ever can get off is knockdwon, crouching C+rocks, magnum

I’m using Deadpool on Trigger Happy and Hsien Ko on Shenpu. Working out AWESOME if you have Hsien-Ko start, get powered up, and then switch to Chris.

Chun’s assist would be great for keeping the opponent locked down up close. More theory fighter here (until i get the game). Is this a true block string?

Fire grenade, (blockstring), Chun assist, Fire grenade, Flamethrower?

This is the team I’ve been using as well, except with Dorm in slot 2.

I think a beam assist helps Chris, I use Iron man with him and Unibeam helps in the fire exchanges.

Sweep combo DHCs nicely into Proton cannon (AA ver. is better) or Iron avenger (IMs lvl 3)

unfortunately, Iron man doesnt get much out of Chris besides grenade toss being very helpful.

When I play with Chris, I usually use Trish and Dormammu. I use Trish’s peakaboo assist and usually use Dormammu’s pillar assists (I’ve been trying out black hole because I’m not happy with how slow the pillar comes out). Peakaboo is really good for stopping people from jumping in on you and just the fact that it is out there makes the average player hesitant about jumping in.

Also, I usually start with Chris on point. Sometimes Trish if I don’t like the matchup (I have problems with Wesker). I rarely if ever use meter with Chris and save it for the other two (Dormammu in particular). Usually the only time I use Chris’ supers is when I’m ready to DHC Dormammu in.

Iron Man should come out after chris anyway unless you dlc or decide to swap when very low health so it shouldn’t matter too much that iron man doesnt get much from chris. I considering using Chris/Ironman/ anti air assist. But i love wesker too damn much .

Once megaman and phoenix wright and frank west comes out, I’ll have way too many options for characters. (seriously my 3 favorite capcom characters got fucking shafted BULLSHIT)

How about someone in between like Doom or Amaterasu? Right now I’m sporting Chris/Doom/Sentinel, though, in preparation of the metagame becoming more defined, I?ve been tinkering with Iron Man, Taskmaster, and Wesker in place of Sentinel.

Anyhow, Doom can play (as well as prevent) keep away, has great mix-up options, and deals huge damage off his loop combo, which can even be set up using his throws among other ways. In my testing, Doom?s Plasma Beam assist is amazing with Chris because it helps with zoning and winning the projectile war, as well as extending OTG combos. Also, because I seldom use Chris’ supers, I typically like having a character that can utilize those meters with a safe, abusive super (Hail Storm, Okami Shuffle) or level 3. With Doom, I?ll have enough meters in stock to hit confirm his level 3, which can deal anywhere between 750,000 to 1,000,000+ points of damage without X-Factor, depending on the situation (mid-screen, corner, off a throw).

Another thing to consider is how well Chris’ and Sentinel’s (or whoever your second character is) crossover assist compliment your third character’s game. No point in putting someone like Arthur or MODOK on the squad if you can’t cover their bases or strengthen their game with the right assists.

Well then why not use chris/wesker/iron man on AA assist? I heard it was pretty good with a nice beefy hitbox and chris can hit his sweep combo right after it.

I’m trying to make a team of Chris (point)/Amaterasu/Phoenix work, all using their beta assists. I’m starting to wonder if maybe Phoenix’s trap assist might be better for Chris. I know using her assists is generally risky but using the zoning one might work better for Chris than the overdrive, thoughts?

cant you cancel DF hyper from H Gong? It stays on the screen for a long time, its difficult to jump over in time to catch a tag and it reflects projectiles