"It's in the menu!" - The Marshall Law Match Ups

That sounds brutal. Remember you can hit with the crumple of Dragon Knuckle, wait for it to end, and do b.mp > b.mp, c. hp xx dragon charge for good damage.

Also never forget your Alpha Counter against Hugo. If you’re getting pressured hard and are low on health, Alpha Counter one of his claps or jump-ins and switch cancel your teammate in for a juggle combo.

Still, Hugo is scary and I’d recommend packing a secondary that can deal with the Hugos and Giefs of the game. I use Sagat.

You can actually do cr.forward xx FFR after EX dragon knuckle! :smiley:

So how does Law play in this game generally? What’s the best way to get in/rush down with him, or do you just have to be patient?

Thank the lord!

All of us Law players should meet up and celebrate on the Rufus dive kick nerf.

Use his Junkyard to whiff punish. Do two sequence, but not full. It’s -4 on block. So use it to bait. Hit confirm with it. If you play Feilong, this is basically his version of a rekka, but it doesn’t chip. You can use Shaolin kicks for that. As long as you can TOUCH the other persno, cancel into Shaolin Spin kicks, and then just trap with c.MP c.MP c.MK xx spinkicks, if you get the first c.MP in, I recommend keeping an eye out and confirm into another c.MP and just Fury fist and do some heavy damage or Spin Kicks, TAG CANCEL, link combo into manual launcher, bring in Law and clean up the mess.

Amen. As should 95% of the Tekken cast.

Anyone have any tips for graplers namely gief?

Vega is considered a “Big Character”. That move will always whiff on large opponents.

Be patient. In my opinion Gief is easy. Cr.MK is a good poke against him. If he is jump happy, meet him in the air with a Jumping MP into Cr.Mp-> Shaolin spin kicks. I just try to hit confirm into Shaolin spin kicks because it is -1 on block. Just backdash afterwards. Do not abuse this if he has two meters as his special has a 0 frame start up. SPD is 5 frames on start up. FFR is -5 on block so only use that if you are confident in a counter hit.

For Rufus, if timed right, Law’s Jumping HP beats out his Cr.MP AA so that can be used to get in.

For Guile, Jumping HP can be used to beat out a Flashkick. It has to be just outside of non cross up jump in range though.

What are the chances of trading with Rufus c.MP with j.HP?

I honestly can’t say. I’ve had a high success rate with it. I haven’t got around to testing it. I want to say if Rufus doesn’t time it perfectly then he eats a full combo. I’ve caught some pretty good Rufus players off guard with it.

Good to know I’m not crazy lol. I figured as much.

Haven’t seen many option selects online, but this might come handy in higher level play. People on PC aren’t very in-depth, but maybe console gamers put time into OSs in SFxT. Anyway, this EX Spin kicks supercharge dash cancel seems to get him out of any kind of option select aside from throws or movest that are active for a very long time (then, these are all moves that gets beaten by his other reversals… and/or you can beat them by letting the charge go at the right moment. Hope you guys can find a way to abuse this one day. Youtube Link

Edit: once again, sorry for the shitty quality (as usual), I ain’t got hardware to record, render and ISP to upload in high quality.

Interesting tech you’ve posted there. I’ve got to try this online on my PC today! :slight_smile: