Is Venom a counterpick to Sentinel?

His great post pointed out that venom can’t do much vs sent without an anti-air - something preppy was pointing out with the fly back comments. You might be able to pin sent down with venom fang loops and assists ( namely rocks), get the occasional throw, but sent has the angles - you can hit him with a random web super, or j.Hk, or sj qcf + P - he hits you with a sj Lk into fast flies ( or a big ass unfly combo) or flies back calling an assist … who do you think wins?

Oh no don’t do random web super. It has invincibility going up but not much. YOU CAN BE FRYING PANNED OUT THAT SHIT. I ran Venom Doom Tron. Rocks are good for both offense and defense. Playing midscreen with rocks s.hp or c.hp plus rocks canceled into Venom rush was decent chip and kept me safe. If you are going to use rocks plus Venom fang then you might as well be prepared to stay in that ass for a minute meaning watch for Psylocke assuming you’re basing your strats off high tier teams.

I was assuming he’d be using web super DHC to hail. Venom’s gonna lose to a flying sentinel regardless - he can pin sentinel down for a while, but that’s about it.
His multi HK’ juggles from his corner air combos don’t exactly count as a semi Inf - I mean how many can you get - 5?, but he can add on a throw.

To wyoat - if you stick with this team - you can fast fly with Venom A ( launch, sj Lk, fast fly Lk + venom, Hp, Lp RP). Venom on point loses to sent when venom has no anti air.

I forgot how many you could actually get but it was considered an infinite/semi-infinite at the time. I can’t access youtube here, deployed at the moment, but you can probably type in mvc2 venom infinite on youtube and see it. All it was was repeated jHK in the corner. Something like jHK jHK sjHK repeat or some shit like that it’s been a while.