Is Mastering Ken Masters the most difficult out of all SFV characters? Discuss

it’s finally happening :o

Yea Ken is solid. Gonna alt Guile or Ryu and hopefully have a nice one - two for most of the cast. He only thing I would like buffed is step kick. Maybe -4 on block if not maxed spaced, and his 3 hit confirm back. That was just so satisfying and so good in the beta. c.lk st.lp st.lk plz…give it back Capcom

He does have cr.lp, st.lp st.lk tho

Yea but I remember the beta hardly ever whiffing, and it starts with a low. I don’t even know why it doesn’t work now, because st.lp is 4 frames now?

yes true.

For the frame I don’t know, I don’t remember the frames in the betas.

They might have just made the pushback a bit worse and it killed it.

Realize I am being greedy, but I want his 3 frame jab back. That said he is a blast to play. His corner carry is ridiculous, and he is nasty in the corner, especially with vtrigger. Just need to keep practicing the b mp confirms.

For me…this is the hardest iteration of Ken to master.

don’t compare ken’s buttons to Ryu’s it will piss you off. IMO ken should have a 3 frame jab…as well as 1 less frame of start up on his standing mp and st. mk. one more active frame on cr. mk would be nice. Ryu’s v’skill is better, V’trigger bars are shorter…gets a free guard crush in the corner. Why ken’s V’trigger is 3 bars i’ll never know. sure he becomes a monster when he finally gets it…but by that time you’re either dead or in desperate need of a comeback…

Thank goodness he’s fun to play.

I don’t think Ken vtrigger should be two bars. He gets kinda godlike with it, it is really a comeback kind of vtrigger. With vtrigger on and in the corner the game is done in 10 seconds if you get the hits.

The only thing I find not logic is why Necalli gets his god mode forever and Ken doesn’t. I don’t feel like Necalli is way weaker than Ken before vtrigger, and I don’t feel like Ken vtrigger buffs are way better than Necalli’s to make him deserve that.

Necalli gets new combos, no charge while combing into his charge move, godlike move and dash speed + range, better vskill and more damage. And I think some of his frames change too.

I don’t even think Ken vtrigger is better on activation even if it leads to big damages because Necalli gets a combo from jab on activation.

Some of these vtrigger stuff are not logical at all to me. Chun Li is completly godlike for two bars and Gief is like the hardest one to use right + I don’t feel it’s extremely good and is 3 bars. We can complain about Ken but Gief got fucked this game.

I agree. Gief should be two bars. Ken should last the rest of the round like necalli. Disagree with his buttons, I think they are fine, just want our c.lk st.lp st.lk hit confirm back and step kick less unsafe.

the reason i say it should be two bars…is because step kick is so bad. There’s literally no way to build it outside of getting your ass whooped. maybe we can get a smidge on run activation…because even that isn’t safe in most cases.

That would be indeed pretty cool if we could win a bit of vtrigger if we land a hit from a run. I think Dhalsim gets some vtrigger if he hits out of if vskill. The thing we can do is end our TC1 with vskill but I feel like since vtrigger doesn’t last forever why bother getting it faster and loose damage. Maybe I am wrong about this tho since I see BabyBel do it quite a bit.

Decent way to build vmeter is again something Necalli has and we don’t. I feel Necalli and Ken are very close balance wise but Necalli is slightly above because he has a decent way to build an infinite vtrigger and we have a pretty bad way to build a timed vtrigger.

Just go for crush counters and block. Step kick ain’t worth it to build v-bar imo, unless you’re right on the edge of a full bar.

Try to utilize all his “unique attacks” to your overall ground game. Also did anyone notice his fake step causing proximity block now?

I think Step kick v skill serves around as a long range counter poke/whiff punish and part of a means to cover ground. It’s to be mixed up with almost everything u do with Ken at long range/mid-long range and probably definitely not something u can spam like ppl did in iv. Sometimes u may have to take the risk and use it mid range if u have a good read. Remember it knocks down on hit so it definitely covers some good ground. Sometimes u don’t even do a full step kick because u know ur opponent will do a neutral jump so u can run stop srk aa. Or dash srk aa. U just have to setup ur opportunities.

All in all u still have to use him with the traditional shoto strategy in mind. I still almost pretty much use him like I did in iv, protect the skies, try to maintain a solid ground game and become a counter poke monster with Ken until I smell blood, V trigger and meter backs up ur rush down since ur air ex tatsu is basically a dive kick and becomes even more deadly during v trigger.

Roundhouse into v trigger follow up as a whiff punish is gdlk, what u follow up with, the corner carry can be very good. Ur opponent will probably focus on that move once u fill the v gauge. Giving u the opportunity to actually do something else like a free jump in or free dash ins or so.