Is it worth it?

the ball sucks … a stick would be much better

If I could dish out Rep I’d definately be throwing some Cool M’s way. If you are afan of fighting games and you allready have a ps3 then don’t get a 360 over a Wii IMO. Neo Geo fighters, arcade games recently added to the VC, all the classic fighters allready available and more potential for awesome games to be coming out all the time on Wii. The Wii has plenty of pros while the the 360 has one major flaw that somebody has allready pointed out. Most of the fighters on the 360 are also on the ps3. So get a wii.

Wii has like 2 games.

Mario Kart and Wii Sports.

Fuck that shit. The ONLY thing I am going to play on mine when it comes out is Punch Out, which I’m probably not going to pay for.

I’m a Nintendo fanboy, but I will say I’ve gotten upset lately at the hardware limitations the Wii has. It has some great games and is a party system, but I’m pretty big on online gaming and most of the popular online games IMO for Wii suck considering how easy it is to cheat/glitch. The hardware limitations become a problem when patches to fix these glitches can’t be made, thus ruining my gaming experience.

the only reason I own a Wii is for Mario Karts. Was it worth it, yes it was. But that’s also taking into consideration I’ve been a die hard fan of Mario Karts from SNES, to Gameboy, to Gamecube, and I had to play this one.

To me, the Wii offers nothing else. Not to mention, motion controls are bullshit.

im looking at getting one for punch out! i miss those days… haha still remains one of my favorite games! and the new contra game coming out on it! time 2 bring the classics back!!

I own a PS3 and a Wii. I think the Wii is great as a secondary system. I have a larger library of discs for Wii than PS3. Games I’d recommend: No More Heroes, Fire Emblem, Ghost Squad, Castle of Shikigami, Blastworks, SNK Arcade Classics, King of Fighters Orochi, Samurai Shodown Anthology, Williams Pinball Collection, Mercury Meltdown, Ultimate Shooting Collection and Zack & Wiki. The SNK Collections have been really good on Wii and you can get a Joybox convertor for your PS2 stick. The VC and WiiWare both have great games to offer as well. I’m thinking about buying a Neo Geo Stick 2 for PS2 to get that authentic Neo Geo experience.

Punch Out is day one for me.

how is kof orochi? i really hated gg on the wii, so im pretty tentative to pick up anything new for the wii

KoF Orochi is much better on Wii than PS2. The load times are non existent and the games play very smoothly. The only problem is that the intro that runs when you start the game is pixelated. I love the challenges that SNKP put into it. You can get it for $20 at Gamestop, which is a steal for 5 KoF games. I’m looking into getting a Neo Geo stick 2 for PS2 and a Joybox convertor to use on the Wii when I play the SNK anthologies.

agreed. TvC is great tho, but not worth soley getting a wii for.

Like many other people have Stated, don’t get a Wii solely based on Fighting Games. Don’t get ANY system solely based on Fighting games. I am a Die Hard Nintendo Fanboy, but I will admit out of the 3 current Gen Consoles, my Wii get’s the least amount of playtime. There are some Great games for the Wii (Mario Strikers, and Mario Kart, and Metal Slug Anthology) but there is also a lot of bad ones. Before I buy a console I make sure that there is at least a handful of games of any genre that will validate me purchasing the system.

Just look at whats coming out and is already out Fighting Game wise, and make your decision based on that, if you are infact buying the console just for Fighting games.

I wholeheartedly regret buying a Wii. There is nothing interesting for it. It’s just a big waste of an incredible concept.

It will be interesting to see if the Motion-Plus can help deliver even a bit of what was originally promised. As a new Wii owner, I eagerly await next month’s release of Grand Slam Tennis to see firsthand.

Exactly the same feeling, except at first I started out playing Brawl/melee and found that it was too stupid and switched to SF and KOF. Sold brawl and now we only got Animal crossing… waiting for punch out though.

actually with a stick GG AC is pretty good on wii, the motion controls are a joke. my friend can even play on the shitty classic controller. ( by pretty good i mean i havent noticed any differences in performance or bugs from the ps2 or arcade )

i finally got my TvC game and i actually am glad i got the wii.

Wii + usb drive = NICE

I bought a Wii because of the possibilities that he could present gaming in general and if rumors are correct Microsoft and Sony both recognize what’s going on. To say that there isn’t anything interesting on the system as of **Right Now **is not true. I’ve been waiting for the period in this system life where ‘the light bulb clicks’ in the same similar manner that it occured with the DS. With what the line up is currently that’s coming out for this year it looks like that period is finally coming what with several 3rd parties actually not being lazy about the system and putting quality games out on the system. Perfect example being Bethesda actually said they were going to make a hardcore title for the system.

I’ve heard people complaining about the Wii not having any games and I agreed that it definitely was lacking half of the year last year but people saying that now aren’t paying attention to the lineup.

If you’ve already got a PS3, you don’t need either.

The 360 shares most of its library with the PS3, and the Wii has < 10 worthwhile games to begin with.

what is your definition of ‘worthwhile’?

Games that are worth playing. As in, not the shovelware that composes 90% of the wii’s library?