Is fang useless?

It sucks that he’s not that good.

He takes work, but he has enough tools to piss off enough people and can cleanly get away with it.

And hey, people forget that he has the highest stun-damage potential in the game.

It really sucks that FANG is so terrible.

Hopefully they fix him by holiday season or next year(via patch).

I don’t know what the OP is talking about, but he’s a big #2.

It’s a lot of work and a special mindset to play FANG seriously.

Just as an aside, the best Rolento player in Korea for USF4 is playing FANG and looks good doing it. He still lost to RagingStormX but he is a total lab monkey that prepares himself well for everything. But it takes a mindset like Rolento took to make FANG work.

The best Rolento in Korea eh? I’d love to search him up… but you didn’t offer his name.

F.A.N.G is a good character to use for those who know how to use him I’m pretty sure he will be buffed cause as of right now he desperately needs it. Other than that I think he is just as good as any of the characters in the roster.

if he was as good as any other character on the roster, why would he “desperately” need a buff?

I don’t even know how to fight fang or even Vega. People online just rarely uses these characters

Let his poison stack, put a cap of something like 3 stacks.

Boom hes a much better character and more interesting to play/fight against.

F.A.N.G reminds me of Twelve (SF3) in a sense most of your attacks are not straight forward and you must rely of baits or situations to pressure your opponent to open up to punish. Although I feel F.A.N.G has it easier opening people up than Twelve did.

It seems in this game where Kens are so strong. Where having a dp is so helpful. Ken can randomly dp your limbs and present enough other options where just waiting to punish one of the random dps isnt as easy as it sounds. (defensiveness is sort of what they want)… In general it seems reversals are strong in this game. Since there arent really ways to make them safe anymore, everyone does them.

So FANG has no reversal… And honestly he probably shouldnt. But then the stuff he does well should show this. His zone like said earlier in this thread is decent but you cant sit on it at all. IMHO (i just started winning with fang, only on week 2 with him - so take it with a grain of salt) he loses to ryu kens fireballs until he has meter. So you pretty much have to go toward them until you have meter.

I like his normals but long normals are bait for yolo characters. I get hit the startup of kens (lk?) tatsu so much when poking.

FANG has v-reversal but ive watched Xian get punished enough using to know its no real help. He has ex command dash but its throwable. And he has block… but every character has block, and blocking is way more effective when your opponent has to worry about you mashing out something that will hurt them at any moment. Ex command dash if your successful only gets you out (unless they try something with a ton of recovery and you c.hk them but everyone elses ex reversals can make someone sorry for even pressing lp)

He seems to do little damage. Of any character Ive used in sf4/sf5… Ive had the most times in matches where am putting in work and I feel like im winning and I look up at the health bars and Im losing… by a lot. … I also have a hard time with grapplers but maybe thats just my newness to the character. They just bulldoze in at whatever cost and erase any damage I did instantly. This happens to all characters to some extent but also. This happens a little less since Im getting better and abandoned trying to zone to start matches.

So how do you fix him? (assuming he needs fixing) I think the buff to his v-trigger will help. part of his issues is that what he does well happens too slow. At least once a round you will be able to fix that.

Mild damage buffs wouldnt hurt. Not much… I understand why it is how it is now, but just a little here and there.

Also His v-reversal should move him further or stun the opponent… It costs enough that making it a pure get out of jail move wont break FANG.

Otherwise I think hes OK. Hes supposed to take alot of work to win… just maybe not SO much… He is really fun, especially when you can frustrate your opponent.

Never fun seeing an opponent land an easy combo without super and snatch 30-40 percent of your health, and finish you off, when you are incapable of doing anything close to that.

I don’t like any of his V-anything. V-Skill is feared by nobody, and can be removed. V-Trigger makes his V-Skill essentially useless, and is useless now (I don’t even think the buff they’re giving him is good enough, as his specials can only be cancelled off of normals, not just whenever he wants them out, and they’re all still mad unsafe on block). V-Reversal is a joke and gets baited by just about anybody, or just easily punished. I literally only ever use his V-Trigger as FADC, and even then you’re not adding much to it.

He still needs a lot of work. Situational AA’s, barely any escape, easy to annihilate with grapplers, poison toss can HIT twice and still be punished, poison mechanic isn’t feared by anybody, somewhat slow normals, low damage output, V-skill/trigger/reversal’s are awful, incredibly unsafe moves, it all adds up to failure :frowning:

Here is a Fang beating F3 alucarD’s Balrog
https://youtu.be/jkB6ErJGZsk

After weeks now playing season 2 with F.A.N.G. (My main) I think he has gotten worse. Adding 2f to his s.hk took away his best combos. His mid buttons are too slow as well. That V-Trigger buff really doesn’t help as much at all. Gray life is also not as helpful as it could’ve been. If the normals were left alone It would’ve been a strong buff for him.

Worse part is that we are stuck with this for a year now.

Has it been confirmed that there will be no more balancing until the end of the year?

The other day, my cr.HP straight up lost to Necalli’s jumping MK directly above me. Not deep at all. I don’t know if I can play FANG anymore. Not outside of casuals.