Invasion Force: The Skrull Team-Building thread!

I’m running Wesker (jaguar shot), Trish (low voltage -fireball), Skrull (up in the air still, but probably o.grudge to continue wesker combos as well as provide pressure/continue in blockstrings). Wesker is on point to get meter and mix people the hell up with trish’s projectile coming the other way or maybe not the other way.

Trish is great in her own right, on her own, but with Wesker’s OTG assist her combo potential goes way up…

Skrull is my ace in the hole. If you haven’t seen his meteor smash (name? 2H in air) loop you should check that out. Isedelica’s channel on youtube… (YouTube - breatoal’s Channel) once skrull launches you… say bye to 75% no meter and 100% with 3!

I’m running Skrull/Wesker/Haggar right now with Tenderizer/Gunshot/Steel Pipe and it seems to do great with wesker on point. Wesker gets a knockdown, then call in Skrull assist and use the DF H with Wesker to pop them off the ground into Tenderizer then level 3 Hyper with wesker. Does close to 850,000 damage. There’s not a lot of defense as a lot of it revolves around Wesker but Skrull is also a great on point character that doesn’t really need assists imo. His air dash and ground slam moves are good enough to punish things full screen or get in quickly. Plus IIRC his wavedash is pretty good. he’s fast and his magic series doesn’t require high/lows to combo into his launcher and has a lot of combos into any one of his hypers. Any suggestion for better assists using this team?

I’v been using Dormammu/Skrull/Sentinel how ever I might switch out Dormammu for someone with a better assit since dark hole is very slow

I call this team Knicks since they all have orange atls LMAO

Deadpool/Skrull/Taskmaster seems to working pretty well for me at the moment, but I might change the order around at a later date.

Haha I use this team but with all different assists (Tenerizer/AP/Rocks, Usually Spence on point).

Thanks for the tip, I’ll mess around with that.

I’m using Wesker (Samurai Edge)/ Skrull (Tenderizer)/ Sentinel (Sentinel Force). This team works wonders and wesker/skrull work perfectly together.

Skrull (Tenderizer), Doom (Hidden Missiles), Sentinel (Sentinel Force)

I started with Spider-Man, Doom, Skrull as a themed Dark Future Foundation team, but swapped out Spidey for Sentinel. It’s pretty troll, but I’ve been using Skrull’s piledriver / meteor smash attacks w/ assists to mixup blocking + cover my recovery. After a few of those, I start throwing. Nothing like killing 2 characters with a random meteor smash into super.

I actually switched to doom rocks instead of plasma beam, helps spencer a lot more and covers his stuff.

Thus far…

Skrull / Sent / Dante

I’ve been toying around with various combinations which include Deadpool, Wolverine, Hulk and Viper.

The above seems to work the best for my play style (then again, what doesn’t Sent work with?).

I’m currently playing around with She-Hulk (a) / Super Skrull (b) / Doctor Doom (y). Looks like it’s kicking ass so far.

Skrull (Tenderizer)/Haggar (Lariat)/Wesker (Samurai Edge). Wesker helps both both characters when it comes to OTG setups, and Haggar’s Lariat is amazing at applying corner pressure and keeping pressure off. Skrull’s Tenderizer works extremely well with Wesker’s teleport mixups and a great pressure tool with Haggar’s unblockable grab setups. I really dig this team.

I’m using Skrull (Orbital Grudge) / Amaterasu (Bloom) / Hulk (Gamma Charge Anti-Air)
Amaterasu is mainly for support, and hyper building, as well as an easy DHC combo into Okami Shuffle (Inferno/Skrull’s Torch DHC to Okami Shuffle is pretty sweet). Skrull on point to close in gaps, and start up combos. Leaving Hulk for bulk damage building and to anchor my team for possible X-Factor use to brutalize my opponents (Super Armor + Massive Damage = Redonkulous).

At the moment im using:
Skrull(tenderizer)/Hsien-ko(senpu bu)/magneto(magnetic disruptor)

using skrull on point. magnetos and hsiens assist to cover skrulls approach.
usually going for crossups with skrulls airdash and meteor to start a combo from an assist. skrulls usually the one profiting from x-factor, if hes dead magneto gets it.

My team I’ve dubbed Super Thunderhead 4: Thor on point with mighty spark assist, Skrull coming in 2nd with either orbital grudge or tenderizer, and MODOK with Barrier or Balloon Bomb. Those assists I find have the right balance in being able to help every teammate when on point with the proper conditions.

This team is still well in its concept phase, I’m spending much more time in training mode than online or playing locally, as I’m very new to assists and need to figure out combos.

My main reason for having this team is to 1) dissuade turtling, and 2) have exceptional control over space. It turns out they all have pretty good DHC potential as well (but mostly in the Thor > Skrull > Modok order).

Anyway let me focus on Skrull with these assists. Barrier from Modok can let Skrull get away with safer advancement and fear factor from command throws or standard Skrull zoning with f/df.H + f.H pre-touch-cancel to Slam, or even wave dash to s.L.

With Thor, the spark can provide offense/bait setups for elastic slam, or safe meteor smash, usually after f.H.

Calling either assist right before f/df.H is pretty safe, unless the other player is antsy and burns a Hyper. That’s one of the main reasons I love Skrull on point cuz he can punish many random hypers from full screen either with meteor smash or death penalty. Only if the other player first used an assist with lingering projectiles (like Sent/Doom) can they toss out hypers safer. But Skrull f.H is damn good at stopping assists and non-invincible hypers, that Skrull masters shouldn’t have much of a problem from that.

One thing I’ve been questioning is Skrull and Modok’s compatibility. I think the way I’m supposed to use these characters is kind of separate from each other, at least when Modok is on point. At least if I’m using orbital grudge assist for Skrull, it doesn’t seem to help Modok much except as a preemptive sort of anti air that stops rushdown/breaks combos.

Im keeping Skrull as my last resort, because hes the best in my team, which consists of:
Skrull (Stone Smite or Orbital Grudge if Wesker is on point)
Spencer (Armor Piercer) or Wesker (Samurai Edge)
Dante (Jam Session for air control or Weasel Shot for cross over potential).

DHC only if Spencer’s Bionic Lance hits or Maximum Wesker misses.
If it hits, then it’s DHC into Dante’s Million Dollars and then Skrull Torch after Million Dollars hit that make the character float.
If it misses then it’s DHC into Dante if I’m in a tough position and XF cancel Million Dollars because none of their DHC hypers are safe on block and none of Skrull hypers are XF cancellable.

And because of the DHC (and probably the whole team) lack of synergy, I’m looking for another option, I’m willing to change Spencer/Wesker, any ideas?

I was thinking of giving a try to Hulk for that extra power and health, anyone recommends?

I have a Skrull(tend)/phoenix(trap)/dante(jam) team I think might work well but I have to learn the characters better.

Anyone finding that any of Skrull’s assists work particularly well with any other characters (besides just as combo extenders, which everyone can do)? I’m finding lots of characters whose assists benefit him, but not many that benefit FROM him. Also, please no Sentinel/Dante suggestions. I’ve had my fill of them for a lifetime.

I find Skrull’s assists some of the most lackluster in the game. That said, I use both Tenderizer and Orbital Grudge to cover additional angles when I’m using a ranged character to zone an enemy out.

same here. when i use someone on ling range i use tenderizer to keep them off.

I use Wesker (Gunshot)/ X-23 (Neck Slice)/ Skrull (Tenderizer) as my team. Skrull’s assist helps a lot when I have the opponent in the corner. In a combo, it can set up to extend my combos, mixups, or LVL3 for my other two characters. When I have Skrull on point, I can do some decent combos with either assist or both. Since I have Skrull 3rd in line, he’s usually the last one to stay alive and that’s when I have problems. Right now I’ve been able to pull through because people are unfamiliar with the character and don’t know what to expect.