"I Make Any Team Better." Official Hawkeye Discussion Thread!

Oh and apparently his exploding arrow stays on the screen if it misses. I only saw this happen with the upward shot, but I assume it will work with all of them. It just lands and stays on the screen for a few seconds

So excited to play this game. Status arrows are legit, and doesn’t trick shot hit OTG? I think I saw that happening, and I also am pretty confident I saw that Trick Shot was an assist?

shows his ability to combo off a ground forward throw at about 1:10 in the video

also just before shows his trick shots definitely OTGs (he does a poison arrow into his hyper combo to add some good damage to the combo)

I’m really excited to put Hawkeye with Captain America. Now to decide which other person to throw in that mix.

Someone mentioned “16” arrows…this seems strange to me… here are the possibilities I’m thinking of (in terms of how we get to 16)

1. Supers might have to count, if so, I’m pretty sure all of his supers are arrow related.
  2. If they don’t count, then we’re looking at 16 unique arrow types…if there are 4 different joystick motions and A,B,C, S are all used, this is an automatic 16.

That having been said, what arrows have we seen so far?

I seem to remember an ice arrow, poison arrow, exploding arrow, and scatter shot (not counting supers). Anyone else notice more? I haven’t watched all the archived stream footage yet :frowning:

Off the top of my head, not counting hypers I’ve seen:

• poison arrow
  • freeze shot
  • lightning arrow (whatever its called)
  • scatter shot
  • triple arrow
  • exploding arrow
  • dead arrow
  • poison tip (the purple poison variant)
  • the Taskmaster-esque air-arrow variant
  • speed shot. Not sure on the name of that one.It’s the arrow here at about 0:57
  • EDIT: net arrow as well

I’ve also noticed Hawkeye throwing some sort of projectile, though I’m not sure what it is.

Looks interesting. I’ll definitely give him a try.

i also noticed one that wraps you in what looks like teeth and holds you in place :confused: could’ve been seeing things though. super scattered shot will be a decent safe tag. only thing is that it looks like hawkeye can get hit during its startup, but it looks like an independent super once its released like HSF and Hailstorm. i like how 3/4 of the newly announced characters have slides. its almost like half the cast has slides now. haha

I’ll make a zoning team around him. Probably put iron man in the back for the beam (hopefully they buff/fix him). Maybe Doom missiles cuz he got buffed. What other assists would be good with him?

Hawk-IM-Doom? We’ll have to see.

Lemme see:

1. Ice arrow
  2. Poison arrow
  3. exploding arrow
  4. scatter shot
  5. Net arrow
  6. Triple arrow
  7. Dead arrow(the one with the giant weight on it)

So that makes a grand total of 7.

Here’s links to archived footage channel. http://www.twitch.tv/marquezsf/b/290895534

If yall want to research. I’m going out of town so I can’t.

Hawkeye seems like a tricky character, i wonder is he going to require great execution to play.

What assist do you guys think is going to be the most useful? Triple shot, downward angled poison arrow or scatter shot? Scatter shot sounds great in theory, but it looks too slow to me.

Has anyone figured what he says when he dies?

I believe he says, “They need me.” It has to be the best dying line I’ve heard in this game to date, I fell in love even more when I heard it :smokin:

His official trailer.

With his trick shot does is the status arrows button specific? Also, I can’t tell much from the vids but does he have a command jump?

Well, Comic-con just ended.
From just messing around with him, he generally has 3 joystick commands to make him shoot arrows. Hado, shoryu and tatsu motions.
Hado motions all fire straight and can be shot in the air. Normal arrows are L, Rope/weight on M, and lightning on H.
Lightning pierces through just about all projectiles, which makes it a great way to win the projectile war.
Shoryu motions all fire upward. L fires the scatter shot. M fires an explosive arrow that, if it misses, stays on the stage and blows up after a certain amount of time. H fires these chain looking arrows. I have no idea what they do, but they look like they rain down on the opponent the same way Taskmaster’s does.

Trick shot is interesting. Its on the tatsu motion, but once you input a button, Hawkeye moves forward in a specific way. Pressing any of the three buttons during his move cancels it and has him fire off a trick arrow associated with that button.
214L makes hawkeye roll forward. M makes him jump upward a little, while H seems to make you leap upward and directly at the opponent.
After/during his move, hawkeye can immediately cancel these into his trick arrows. L makes him fire an ice arrow which keeps them in place for a bit (it ground bounces if you get them in a counter hit I believe). M fires a poison arrow which takes away a set amount of health and then goes away. The only way to remove it early is to snag a clean hit on hawkeye. Hits on block don’t count. H fires more of those weird looking chain arrows. I think they’re mainly used for combos from what I could tell.

forward + H is a command normal that has hawkeye throw a kind of flashbang. I didn’t get to toy around with this too much, but it seemed useful for controlling mid range.

The command for his lvl 3 is tatsu + 2xatk. It OTGs and the after the shot, a cloud of smoke will appear where the arrow landed. If the opponent just so happens to accidentally jump/walk into the smoke and doesn’t block, it activates the rest of the hyper. Its not on there for long, but its something to note.

I hope this was helpful to everyone.
Oh and a total side note, his upward scatter shot as an assist feels like Doom’s hidden missles, but with no tracking and the arrows rain down sooner than the missles. The biggest problem is that the arrows will always rain down a set amount of space away from where you called hawkeye. The result is that this assist is useless if you’re near the corner just because the arrows all rain past where the corner is.

Thanks for the write-up bro, just wondering what your personal opinion on him is?

Trick shot crossups with the right assist are gonna be SO money. Anyone know if that crosses up in the corner?

At first when I heard about Hawkeye being in I was incredibly disappointed…but then i seen gameplay and i fell in love because he reminded me of a pokemon (yea i kno let the lulz ensue) but i thought of a pokemon cuz of his status arrows and then i thought and seen how fast he is and how good a keep away he can play while also dealing good damage and i was very interested and know i hope to see what he can do with an assist with plasma beam or uni beam with an otg assist or a tatsu assist…the possibilities are endless at this point

Hawkeye, I choose you!
Hawkeye used poison shot! It’s super effective!
Dante fainted! K.O.!

0:34~0:36 - Super Scattered shot does a ton of damage, it makes me wonder if they’ll find any relaunch combos with Hawkeye to make that applicable. Taskmaster mindset, mind you.