I AM A SHADOW - Shadow Labrys thread (to replace the other one)

i think youre misunderstanding - im saying that slab can punish mitsuru b+d while mitsuru is still airborne and in CH state

if you’re talking about mitsuru b+d vs slab setplay, like i said, risk/reward is just not worth it, dmg trade will always be in slab favor

I don’t get the logic behind the Aegis MU here. Aegis’ pressure and oki are disgusting and awesome, but SLab’s oki on Aegis is also extremely good. You can practically ignore her reversal on most of your set ups and make her life hell the same way she can to you. SLab is really good at controlling the neutral too. Aegis’ projectiles are pretty useless, and when Aegis has to go in it’s really risky with fire in the air and Lab still having options. The MU basically is SLab waiting on Aegis to try and come in, then see who gets a KD to win it.

Except the reward from Aegis is much bigger than Shadow Lab. That’s the main reason I have it in Aegis’ favor. Also 2B is a problem because if SLab blocks it, then her persona is interrupted if it’s in the middle of an attack…it’s hard to get certain persona attacks out in the neutral situation, like lasers.

Gatling guns and missiles aren’t an issue against SLab though, I agree.

I haven’t really updated the matchups section yet.

If I’m not mistaken there’s more Sorashido here. There’s also an SLab mirror match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqAt_Tpf6mM

Starts at 2:08

Yes that’s him…there’s also a few uploaded ft10 sets with him that I forgot to add:

Sorashido vs. Raltan

Sorashido vs. Gyakuten America

So Bananaken overcomes this terribly one sided matchup against LordKnight’s Mitsuru and wins UFGT.

Somewhere between the 4-5 hour mark (can’t check exact times now because my bandwith is running low). They played in winners final and grand finals.

SLab had a really great finals at UFGT. People don’t know this matchup. He was really effective in doing crossup 8C to knockdown the opponent, and people seem to eventually fall prey to his Massive Slaughter setup.

It wasn’t on stream, but he played Kurumster (Aigis) in pools, and I couldn’t believe some of the mixups he blocked. His wins were largely due to strong fundamentals.

I forgot to add these videos before…some FT10 sets between Nerina (a very good Japanese Shadow Labrys) and various players

Shikki(Yu) vs. Nerina

YMST(the best Kanji player) vs. Nerina

gomibakodarake(Yosuke) vs. Nerina

Nerina vs. Souhei(Elizabeth)

watching the YMST set is very disheartening…Nerina basically loses 10-0, even though he played the matches very well. This pretty much confirms my thoughts on why the matchup is in Kanji’s favor. Even though Nerina was able to dominate the neutral game for about 90% of the match, the other 10% that Kanji was dominating, pretty much outweighed everything Nerina had done in the round.

Alright I made some updates to various sections of the data compilation, as well as linked some additional videos. Also wanted to mention that Tomo is confirmed for Evo…now the thing is he was considered one of the best Shadow Lab players but this was a long time ago. The SLab tech has advanced so much since then and I haven’t seen any remotely recent videos of Tomo…based on his skill from previous matches, I think he wouldn’t do well today, so I’m wondering if anyone’s stumbled upon any new Tomo videos.

Edit: And to respond to Lord Knight’s post from way back about Kanji vs. SLab being in SLab’s favor. The Japanese score it 6-4 Kanji, and the YMST vs. Nerina set was a complete blowup (score-wise) despite Nerina playing very well…it’s just not in her favor, even though she dominates the neutral game. YMST also beats Sorashido, the best SLab player.

New matches with Sorashido, the best Shadow Labrys against various players including Minori and Tetsu:

Videos haven’t been uploaded yet but Bananaken wasn’t able to beat Lordknight this time at CEO 2013…I noticed there were too many r-actions attempted by Bananaken and in the long run it just didn’t benefit him. Unfortunately I think this is like the only way to really get out of Mitsuru pressure once she is able to start it on you, but the risk/reward is not in SLab’s favor.

Also I still feel LordKnight does not know the matchup, in the sense that there were many many instances where Bananaken would just go with the full attack strings that have multiple reactable gaps where Mitsuru can r-action, but Lordknight just blocked and blocked. He understands how to block the pressure but in all those situations you could be R-actioning on reaction instead. I don’t actually remember one instance where Bananaken did some string into 5B and then did not cancel 5B into something reactably punishable (like qcb+A).