Hulk infinite

I still wanna see someone pull this off in a major :D.

Does Mike Ross still play Hulk?

Pretty sure he was running him at EVO.

So I accidentally found out that if you tag an assist with a full screen gamma wave, you can just spam H.gamma wave and lock them in an infinite. Not really practical at all since the other play could do something to stop you, but if they sit back, block, or can’t get to you to stop you, then their assist will die.

Edit: Here are the Characters that it does NOT work on:

Dormammu (if you start it with s. H)
Zero
Dr. Strange
C. Viper
Akuma (kinda works)
Rocket Raccoon
Wolverine (or maybe i just suck)
X-23
Storm
MODOK
Spiderman
Phoenix

More to come or feel free to add to it… I’m sleepy at the moment.

Nos99 tells me it still works. Try it on She-Hulk and Sentinel; they’re the easiest to get it on.

It was easiest in Vanilla against Sentinel, She-Hulk, Dorm and Hulk, but it worked on about half the cast if you used the dash canceled gamma waves (really hard).

We can add Nemesis and Doctor Strange to the list of people you can do the infinite on with no need to dash cancel.

Was playing around with this on the weekend - going to do some lab testing tonight. I’ve managed to get it quite consistent on a range of characters, although I have a couple of variations for some characters. Will try to record some stuff tonight or at the very least, add to the list of who it doesn’t work on and variations needed.

Ladies and gentlemen, if we’re doing this, let’s do this well. These are my research results with all the cast. Sadly, I don’t have a way to capture/stream, but we could thing of something. Hope that this gets put to good use and that someone fills the missing info.

If you’re not doing this, then start now, use H Charge instead of L on the fray and kara chars on the second repeat onwards. No reason not to do this in most cases and gives you a smaller window to mess up the charge, plus more damage and meter. Also, you should start all these with the opponent on the floor face down, the ideal condition to setup this is to do a L Charge-Anti air -> 2nd having used your ground bounce already. My suggestion is to have an OTG assist (Like many know, I use Rocket Punch) that lets you do M, f+M xx Charge in the corner to set this up perfectly. If someone has the DLC chars, please try it on them and post results.

To try all these, I started with the opponent in corner, did M, f+M xx H Gamma Charge Anti-Air, H 2nd (ground bounces), M, f+M xx L Gamma Charge Anti-Air, (start charging back) H 2nd, start infiniting, in case you want to replicate my setup, to prove that anything that ends in a corner L GCAA, H 2nd having used ground bounce previously will work.

Fray:

• Nemesis
  • Vergil
  • Wesker
  • Ryu
  • Trish
  • Spencer
  • Amaterasu (It’s weird, keep on doing L Charges on this one, and be careful, try to never hold back alone, always down-back or you’ll get too far and drop the infinite).
  • Nova
  • Ghost Rider
  • Hawkeye
  • Dr. Strange
  • Iron Fist
  • Captain America
  • Deadpool
  • Wolverine (can be done without kara, but with kara is a bit safer)
  • Iron Man
  • Doctor Doom
  • Thor
  • Sentinel
  • Hulk
  • Super-Skrull
  • Magneto
  • She-Hulk
  • Taskmaster

Adjustments:

• Phoenix Wright (kara wave)
  • Chris (kara wave)
  • Akuma (kara wave)
  • Dormammu (step back, really easy to do)
  • Dante (step back, not that hard to do consistently)
  • Morrigan (step back, not that hard to do consistently)
  • Felicia (step back, not that hard to do consistently)
  • Storm (step back, not that hard to do consistently)
  • Spider-Man(step back, not that hard to do consistently)

Impractical

• Firebrand (step back, really hard to do consistently)
  • Strider Hiryu (step back, really hard to do consistently)
  • Zero (step back, really hard to do consistently)
  • Chun-Li (step back, really hard to do consistently)
  • Hsien-Ko (step back, really hard to do consistently)
  • C.Viper (step back, really hard to do consistently)
  • X-23 (step back, really hard to do consistently)
  • Phoenix (step back, really hard to do consistently)

Been unable to:

• Arthur (too far when you step back enough to get 2 hits on Wave)
  • Frank West (?)
  • Tron (gets hit too quickly by the 2 hits)
  • Haggar (?)
  • V.Joe (too far when you step back enough to get 2 hits on Wave)
  • Rocket Raccoon (too far when you step back enough to get 2 hits on Wave)
  • MODOK (gets hit too quickly by the 2 hits)

Hey good job compiling a list :tup: . I was too lazy to do all that testing hehe.

I haven’t played around with it much in Ultimate, but is it really that much easier? Many people have been telling me this.

I could get it to work on a nice chunk of the cast in Vanilla, but it was haaaaaard.

That’s strange about Haggar though. I swear I’ve gotten it to work on him for a few reps in Vanilla.

Great work Blueriver - this pretty much lines up with my testing - I don’t have DLC chars either, so couldn’t test those unfortunately.

My adjustment with Dante was to just use L charge because for some reason, most times the H version will only hit once on the way up, so in case anyone is finding similar results, try that variation instead.

I’m pretty sure I had it going on Raccoon at one point too, but I may be talking bullshit - will test again today

It’s reaaaaally easy. The combination of shorter charge time and the discovery to use H charge instead of L makes adjusting your spacing really simple. Also using an OTG assist makes it easier to land the initial AA charge which flips their body (face down, head toward you) which makes the infinite possible on the non-massive characters.

In saying this, I think Hulk (horizontal)/Doom (beam)/Wesker (OTG) is top tier. Any random hit ANYWHERE on the screen wall carries into infinite. Hulk backed up with Plasma beam is really dangerous, and has great mixup potential on incoming characters. Hulk can also snap in after any wave during the infinite if need be. Also, Wesker is Wesker. I plan on repping this team at a local this weekend. We’ll see how it goes.

From what I’m seeing, here’s what’s great about the list.
[LIST=1]
[]It works on ALL of the high-stamina characters, except Haggar (which doesn’t matter because Hulk can zone him and stop his pipes anyway). This saves us meter for our anchor or second character, especially those with level 3s.
[
]The characters where it’s hard or impractical to use on have low health anyway. As a result, they should be dying in one hit without the infinite.
[*]It works great on most of the high tier characters. Vergil, Wesker, Hawkeye, Doom, Spencer, and Magneto are on the fray list. Some of these characters have low health, but Hawkeye, Wesker, Doom, and Spencer have a decent amount.
[/LIST]

Tried it on Shuma today and it’s no go. He gets hit twice and then the anti air Gamma Charge whiffs.

Probably won’t work on Jill either since she is so small but I will test for certain on Thursday at my local arcade.

This is most likely getting patched out at the end of the month. I’m really annoyed by this. It’s not like Hulk is getting something in return. They should give him some cheap stuff for once.

I don’t see anyone abusing it around anywhere, or anyone discussing about it besides here. It was also present in Vanilla, I don’t see why they would take it out, and it’s not like Hulk is an easy-mode char for anyone to pick and abuse just for the infinite. It’s not either that it’s like MvC2 Magneto that catches you from a LK and infinites you, you have to setup the infinite qute carefully and probably by that point, the char is already dead, you’re only working on gaining more meter instead of spending it.

Also, I got my first chance to get it going against real comp. The boooooos from the crowd were glorious.

whining about infinities being removed from your character is dumb /captainamericamain

seriously

especially boring ugly ones like the hulk one (or cap’s old one)

but you don’t even know that it will be removed for sure yet.

not like you it makes the character that much better at all anyway haha

doubt it will. dont other chars have infinites as well? Hell super skrulls infinite was in the guide book. i personaly dont use it though since they end up dying after 1 or 2 reps to gamma crush

Jill’s infinite was in the guidebook for Vanilla but that got taken out before they released her. It’s kinda weird this still exists. I thought Capcom had some ‘no infinites’-policy for this game and that’s why they were patching stuff out earlier in the original game. Now we have at least two of those that were already found in Vanilla that still work. I’m happy for every broken thing the Hulk has but… I still kinda hope they remove this.

messing arund with it now iI can see what you mean. It gives Hulk TOD from basic BNB,s near corner. And witht he right team for carry, he can have TOD from basic BNBs anywhere on screen.And all with no meter+ meter gain LOL Its only downfall is that it doesnt work on everyone. but like I said

i don’t understand why hulk mains don’t abuse this in tournament, is this easy combo into?

excuse my lack of knowledge on this, but lets go hulk mains! let me see this somewhere on livestream.