Hulk 101 (Comprehensive Guide of Strengths/Weaknesses)

Unless you are really using his AA assist as a get off move for a character that needs some defensive options (Hawkeye/Strange), I fail to see how Hulk in the second position is a better spot that primary. It’s not a BAD idea, but having Hulk on point allows you to leverage both assist to maintain pressure and get that one hit.

You can TOD anyone in the cast with Hulk of a cr. l. Hulk also has NO options for avoiding incoming mix-ups and is completely free to Viper/Zero tricks.
His saving grace is his HP, however, since he cannot escape those welcome mix-ups, chances are he’s dead before he gets a chance to play or 75% of that HP is gone.

In rare cases, Hulk is okay second, but you better have an assist to help him out in your anchor position.

very nice post ill have to remember Hulks weakness next time i play him :slight_smile:

Ok i wasnt so sure on where to put this but today i was in the lab with the green giant and i discovered some thing about hulk that i hav’nt seen before. If you charge gamma wave and press s.M and then continue to launch wave hulk will actually make an advance from the s.M momentum. While this isnt to practical full screen i do see this useful if your mid screen and your enemies back is to the corner. Lock down with wave and call assist while making a closer target. I havnt used this in a match but it seems like it could benefit hulk, since he has poor mobility

u can do that with all of hulks moves. I use that for hulks M command throw to extend the throw range.

updated OP for anyone interested in picking up Hulk or learning more about the character.

Add Viewtiful Joe and Firebrand to the bad matchups. Reasons being:

• Both have great run away vs Hulk. Firebrand has good ground+air mobility and Joe can triple jump, stay in the air longer, call assists at super jump height, and has a multihitting dive special.
  • Joe has a few multihitting attacks that blow up armor along with a standing overhead that is extremely hard to see. He also has a seemingly unpunishable ground super.
  • Joe also has excellent zoning tools with his voomarang.
  • Firebrand has bon voyage (air and ground) that will grab you out of armor. This limits Hulk’s mobility. He also has with really quick light attacks as well as a speed up super.
  • Firebrand has an unblockable setup that Hulk cannot get out of. This requires the right assists for Firebrand though.
  • Both have small hitboxes.

All of that makes them a real pain in the ass to deal with.

Agreed.