How to fight vs Yang?

This thread is about Yang vs Necro advice. Nothing else.

Calm down ladies.

N

Thanks Thongboy for your swoop in save :D.

Yeah this is basically a vs Yang thread, remember. I didn’t post to know how bad Necro is, or how much trouble he has vs anyone. It was just that I played KO Fiend that one day and he was the first really good Yang I ever played, so I was like…‘wtf is going on’ and I couldn’t spot any strategies to break through(Primarily due to the speed and mixup).

On a side note with the tier arguments…3S is a really nice game. Almost all of the most ‘exploitable/damaging/wtf is this’ stuff in the game can be somehow countered, avoided, or pressured out of existence. Ie, Urien can kill 75% of your life if he catches you with an AA fireball, but you can pressure him with instant drill kicks and mixup to the point where he has no opening for an AA fireball. Then you stop his other options, etc etc. So an excuse of Necro is low-tier, isn’t really satisfying for me as a player.
My main motto with playing 3S is something my friend told me:

“I’ll kick your ass until you can beat me. Then you’ll kick my ass until I can beat you. Then we’ll go back and forth getting better until we just crouch a crouching mk distance from each other and not do anything. That’s when you know, you’re pro.” Even if a match is difficult, you shouldn’t give up and go “OH WELL, LOW TIERS ALWAYS LOSE T.T” I’m always looking for something I can do to counter or improve my game, and I think everyone should as well.

Sorry for the random rant, I just think its silly to fight over stuff like that.

P.S.
Chun is challenging only cuz its hard to approach her without getting slapped in the face.
Yun isn’t that hard if you just play vs him like how everyone else does, block and play it smart. Counter stupid stuff, dont miss opportunities for damage.

I’ve only recently lost my Yang virginity so I dont know everything here, but it just seems that Yang is so much faster than Necro, to the point where u can’t really option select so well vs him. Ie: c. lp x3 ex mantis -> special dash -> crossup UOH (whiff) -> c. lk -> ex mantis…repeat. You just end up on the floor a lot and you can’t really get a word in. So far it seems like vs Yang your best option is not to get knocked down, lol.

The main problem I found was that vs other characterse, you can block low and just wait for the overhead and counter when it comes(ie During Geneijin Yun’s f. mk). But Yang can do UOH -> s. lk -> ex mantis. And ex mantis can be delayed or canceled, so the mixup and speed is just stupid difficult to deal with. Not to mention the divekicks, and a drill kick from you equals (parry parry) -> super jump HK.

There’s SOMETHING in there I know that is exploitable, I just gotta find it.

BlaQ respond to my PMs you whore.

A big part of “maturing” with Necro is getting used to being considerably slower than most other characters, and using what you’ve got.

Necro gets outprioritized by a large percentage of moves that are either quicker or just have much better hitboxes. That’s why I generally recommend alternative solutions (like Slam Dance against Chun) that circumvent the issue instead of trying to pretend your character is better than he is.

Of gigantic help in that area are the [back+lk, strong xx SA1/SA3] and [low short xx SA3] combos. Instead of committing to moves that will leave you way open whiffed or be too slow to take advantage of the openings you do get, just punish with those (depending on range).

From my perspective, it’s mostly mindgame for Necro after a certain level. If you can’t predict your opponent at least a little bit or you’re not fast enough to reflexively attack when you see an opening, there’s not much hope.

N

For me though I kinda go by what someone wrote in another thread way back when when I started, “Mag storm makes you dependent on it. Using electric snake teaches you how to USE the bastard!” Thats the main reason I felt it more important to know how, if at all possible, to keep yang’s high speed pressure at bay without just popping out a “pick this super and pray for the best.” But this thread seems pretty dead right now, I’ll try to get more Yang vs data when I can and give more input. My best idea right now is that jump back mk/mp might work wonders vs yang dive attempts to keep him away.

P.S. Thongboy, can my Necro scrub thread get a sticky pls? :smiley:

One of the scary things about Yang, being a Yang player myself, is that he always has a chance in any part of any match.

You basically usually go for one hit kills with Yang, starting from that knockdown, and because he has so many options, it can be really hard to keep track of him. Add that it is extremely hard to get out of slash pressure, this can be really frustrating.

Alright that being said…

First of all, if the Yang is using SA2, then understand that you can’t go and get something blocked and hope to get away with it. Chances are you’ll get EX slapped for it. Also, if you ever get the momentum, st. lk xx EX slashes will coldly stop it. A plus though is if you ever block the last slash at anytime, that is a free back + strong xx super for you.

One of Yang’s hit confirms is harder to do on Necro, and that’s the st. mp, st. lk xx ex slashes. It requires Yang to walk forward in order to connect the lk. So if they go for that and you see the lk whiff, then punish that. Also, pay very very close attention to whenever Yang does whiffed dives when you don’t have a stocked SA1. He has all the mixups his brother has, and they are just as deadly. If you use jab electricity as an anti air for example, he can whiff a dive and block the electricity, and then retaliate with ex slashes. So pay very close attention.

If you come across a SA3 Yang, then staying out of the corner, which you should try and avoid vs. Yang anyway, gets magnified x10. If the Yang’s mixups are good, you’re going to get fucked up. Plus, if they SA3 Yang is good at meter management, he can use ex slashes, and get that meter back from one blocked slash. Very scary.

cr. mk, st. fp are good distance pokes to use to keep him at a distance.

Hope this helps a lil.

as a necro player in shibuya, that is the best advise i’ve ever got. it works, but those wiff dive kicks kill, especially cause of them ex punches. i like to stay back and play the clock so yang does desperate attacks. other than that, paryxxSA. i noticed that cr.mp does good for the dive kciks if you do it early, but if not that, parry. I love to parry, so that is’nt a problem for me, but for not parryers, good luck

Damn good contribution Mr. Coos, I’m lovin it and I’m gonna apply it in the next Yang encounter I get for sure. Thanks!

Usually if he starts dive-kicking I just jump backward and RH dive-kick him. What, you thought I was just gonna stand there?

N

ya, i have had that happen to me a lot. depends how deep you are, if you use the straight down dive kicks, then its ok, other than that, ouch.