How do you handle characters with teleports?

Most of the time, the easy way to deal with teleports is to just use F+H more. It’s a safe move in most situations because on hit you can cancel to make it safe on block, it beats a lot of other moves straight up (catching their assist in the process while they try to teleport is not uncommon), and if they teleport behind you, you basically have mobility to get away from them. Make sure you’re actually using this before they teleport, because you don’t want to be caught attempting to do this late and then accidentally hitting B+H.

Good beam supers imo are much much more annoying to deal with than teleports, because those actually counter Arthur’s playstyle pretty hard. If your opponent is any good at X-factor canceling a beam Super just simply to kill your Arthur, things get really tough. Teleports by themselves though imo aren’t unworkable.

two words: Heavenly Slash

It also helps to have assist that cover your back…literally.

Namely Hidden Missles, Drones, Rocket’s log trap, Akuma’s Tatsu, Vergil’s rapid slash,etc.

You can practice in training mode have them teleport, than the assist catches them teleport backwards.

I like luck. Or losing.

Really, wait for it, heavenly xx gold armor, and then rush the fuck down. It’s the only thing I’ve found that works.

Agreed. To add to this, Stay Mobile. A teleport character wants nothing more than for you to remain stationary in one spot as its perfect for their assist+teleport crap. Remaining idle for any amount of time is suicide against a good Virgil.

By continuing to move and or jumping a bit it makes it much harder for them to lock on and trap you.

Strangely enough this does not really apply to wesker, i can stay in the corner with firm lockdown and he is usually stopped. Don’t know how his teleports work as i’ve never played him, but it does not appear that he can track/warp directly behind a character whenever he wants. His teleports seem to have fixed locations on the screen where it brings him instead.

(too lazy to pick up wesker in the training room to verify this. Would feel dirty after).

Wesker’s teleports are not based on the enemies location. Instead they always go a set amount of distance either forward, backward, or forward in the air. Because of this he can’t get behind you from full screen away but he can cross you up in the corner if he’s about 4-5 character lengths away.

I know i’ve said it before but its worth saying again: Against teleporters STAY. MOBILE at all times. They like nothing better than for their opponent to remain stationary on the other side of the screen and in a false sense of security. Teleporters can be wherever they want, whenever they want.

To add to this characters like spencer and X-23. Who might as well be able to teleport, the way they can fly & zip across the screen and come crashing down on top of you whenever they like.

Against these characters Arthur’s zoning is useless because they WILL get in. About all he can do is assist + super jump around and throw fire bottles to cover upon landing, hoping something hits and you’re fast enough to capitalize. Makes it much harder for them to trap you. Lame but theres not much else.

Edit: And no i don’t think an assist like Akuma tatsu or Haggar lariat is sufficient to stop their onslaught once they’re inside. Thats another false state of security that’ll get you(and your assist) beaten.