How come nobody uses Hyper Bomb anymore?

Hyperbomb is banned in tournaments seeing as it causes the machine to explode when you land it.Its called the hyper ‘Bomb’ for a reason bro.

I think it’s because a lot of low and mid-level Alex players (and maybe even a few high) are like me – they don’t play him as a straight grappler (and may not be as adept with grappling moves), they use him to set up combos, poke, etc. Also, a lot of online players use a keyboard (myself included), making it difficult to perform the 360 motion.

As well as seconding the theory that there aren’t too many chances to use it in high-level matches, I’d also like to add that it also just seems easier to get away with one of his other supers.

It’s moreso Alex’s SAs in general are lacking compared to most of the cast. He gets most of his offense and damage from EX moves and mixups, which don’t really rely on his Supers. Boomerang Raid is pretty much the Super of choice because of not only EX moves, but it’s also the most consistent and easily comboable. Decent damage and no situational BS required. Again, Alex players don’t use it too much but it’s still handy, similar to Yang’s SA2.

Alex’s SAI is for parry gods lol. ONCE you get the meter, ppl are afraid to attack, but they’ll still try to bait it.

SA1 is okay at best. It’s still bad but like Rock said, it has the added benefit of making the other dude think twice before rushing you down on wakeup. Which is weird when you think about it. If Alex has SA2 loaded, they don’t give a shit they will rush down irregardless.

GEeki did recently, apparently it’s ok vs an old school aegis trap due to the invincibility. (fireball> aegis, no knock down).
Shin shoryu is like this for ryu too, it gives him that ace up the sleeve like kara demon for akuma or hoyokusen for chun.

even though SA1 has a 3-frame startup, you can neglect it if you execute it immediately after a parry. SA1 works even better if you can red parry

yeah, opponents can jump out of a random SA1, but the same thing goes for hugo’s 1-frame startup SA1. you just have to execute it a bit earlier to connect it to a vulnerable opponent state (e.g. after landing a jump)