Ho Chi Minh City HCMC Vietnam

If you mean arcades? No clue. You can try Diamond Plaza in District 1 but I really really doubt they have SF.
If you didn’t bring a stick then that’s too bad as I only have one and a fight pad.

I can play on pad. We should play! I don’t know my way around though.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

When are you available? I have some free time tomorrow… but you’d have to figure out a way to get here :P. I PM’ed you my VN number…

I never heard from you. It’s cool, I guess. I’m sure you’re busy with friends/family. Just wanted to update the thread.

Hello fellow sf players :)!!!
My name is Jonny and i lived in socal for 14yrs. I moved back to vn for work, i can assure you there’s a pretty strong sf community in HCM, we do offline at a console video game joint every sunday from 5pm til umm you have enough salt then you can go home whenever lol. You can bring your stick/pad if you have to but you really don’t have to because we will have everything for you but we will play on the xbox only since it has better frame than the ps3.

@ Coungster : are you the honda player from Europe? yes according to the time you left vn til now, VN really changed alot. Whenever you’re back to vn to visit, just hit me up then i’ll have the sf community to welcome you :).

You can contact me at 0919 581 000 for more infos and my gamertag for xbox is Simpliztik, i’m on the xbox everyday so i’m down for games.

Edit: i forgot to mention that the active website for vn players is here http://forums.gamevn.com/forumdisplay.php?428-Street-Fighter-Club but you can you use google translate to visit since it’s in vietnamese, you can also post in english if you like, there’ll be someone to answer you.

Got a chance to play with SimpliztiK a few weeks ago. Great games… I definitely need to up my game because I just got destroyed. hah hah… damn work/family never giving me any time to play :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a New Zealand Vietnamese over in HCMC at the moment. I start to miss my fighting games when I’m here, and I figured in a city this big there has to be some FGC action… Hit me up with a PM and maybe we can sort something out… :smiley:

Whoa this is crazy. My family lives in Ben Luc which is a few minutes away from Saigon. Last time I went (about two years ago) there was one arcade of nice size, but the only FG cab I could find was a GGXX cab, and punch wasn’t working.

I did get to play someone in Long An that had a bootleg SF4 cab, however he didn’t speak a lick of english, and my vietnamese isn’t very good. He played Akuma/Gouki though if that helps.

theres only kof in saigon. i never found any sf, the closet thing i found to sf was SvC:chaos…

If you want to play SF in HCMC then I suggest you contact SimpliztiK. I had a chance to play with him on XBL and he is a very good and friendly player. From what I remember he says there is a SF meet in HCMC and it happens (happened?) every Sunday night. Shoot him a PM. If you want to play with a crappy player then shoot me a PM :)). I don’t think I can hang with those guys :stuck_out_tongue:

I just visited Crescent Mall near Phu my hung, in district 7. It’s a big new place, has SSF4AE, KOFXIII on the top floor arcade; slightly shoddy cabinets but playable nonetheless. Seems like the only place with them in HCMC!

That’s good to know, thanks for sharing. I recently went to Vincom Tower in HCMC it has a decent arcade (pretty big too). I don’t remember too many fighters other than a KoF cab and possibly a VS title of some sort (XVSF or MVC2 don’t remember).

For people who about to visit Saigon (HCM City). Just PM me whenever you wanna play SF (I hit SRK forum everyday so don’t worry :)).
I’m one of the organizers of SFIV community in Saigon. We usually hang out every Sunday afternoon in a game center located in Cach Mang Thang 8 street (district 3). The place is stacked with consoles and we have unmodded X360 and free arcade sticks :slight_smile: .

And Simpliztik is also a member of us, he lives in Dong Nai and only come to Saigon for tournaments. There might be a big tournament on September so It’d be great if someone arrive here at that time and join us :slight_smile:

@junKO: If you lives in Saigon you can join us :slight_smile:

hismit, thanks for the update. If you don’t mind I’ll add it to the OP. Yes, I still live in Saigon. A tournament in September? Sounds interesting. What kind of turnout are you expecting? I wouldn’t mind joining you guys for some casuals but really I’m not very good at all. I’m terrible, so I can’t really bring any good competition. I don’t want to embarrass myself :). In fact I haven’t played SFIV in awhile, ha ha. I’ll PM you my contact info in case you wanna meet up online or whatever.

@JunK0 The tournament in September is the Biggest Tournament in Vn.

Hi guys, i just reached HCMC yesterday. will be working here for 3 weeks.

Where do you guys hangout?

I’ll be in HCMC for about 5 days in November. How far is Crescent Mall from District 1?

It’s about 4km. Feel free to contact me when you come. Currently our two main games are AE2012 & Persona 4 Arena!

Thanks, will do.

Hello hismit !

I’m in Vietnam for about 1 month and I would like to know if I can join your local street fighter scene in Saigon. Just let me know when and where I can play and meet up with you guys.

Thanks

P.S: I also sent you a private conversation, waiting for your reply.