Heroes World Thread (Toronto/York/Markham) CASUALS EVERY WEDNESDAY

Dual modding a PS3 TE is a mess and a half. If you can find someone to trade with that’d be great.

Yeah there’s still plenty of people like me who still play the first one because it’s a lot more fun. Although the title updates have improved the second one. The matchmaking is faster and chooses better hosts, they got rid of stun grenades, somewhat fixed the chainsaw so it takes less bullets to stun the person revving it, improved the shotgun to try and bring back the fast-paced shotgun battles of the first although with the latest update, they say the shotgun is too strong because it can now take down people far away in two shots ([media=youtube]NG0b1wkpMJM and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbyr_zuiYY[/media]) whereas the Gears 1 shotgun worked like an actual shotgun where it was extremely deadly up close and completely useless from afar. But anyway, I think you’d get more people to participate in a Gears 2 event than a Gears 1 event.

Great event as usual, it’s too bad that prices for figures keep going up with vendors starting to decline bargaining . As a fan, I understand the trend of lots of people getting into the hobby but when something is at a high mark up and isn’t at all rare, it’s kind of unfair. Couple of SF cosplayers there mainly seeing a couple of Ryus, Ken and some vendors cosplaying Alternative costume Chun Li and Crimson Viper.
Hey Jon, now I remember exactly when I caught you guys there and it was Heroes Worlds last one two years ago! I bought the Bandai Kamen Rider Super Imaginative Chogokin Alternative Zero + Ryuga set from you guys at an amazing price($40)! I was reminded from the last casual where I bought a Revoltech while waiting for the new characters touney(which I got my ass kicked again lol), I was trying to figure out where I saw the shop’s card from(Black and white/blue).

Should have more time to come by for casuals/tourneys, unemployed lol!

Tournament for the unemployed? I LOVE IT! lol

yeah, i remember that kamen rider set, that thing was so cool…just dosen’t have much of a following over here. unforutnally the prices for imported figures has risen by quite a bit, it’s a far cry from a few years ago when we had cool figures for around $19.99 each, now you lucky if they are $39.99! most of the prices are upwards of $50-60. One of the main reasons is that the buyer for Diamond comics (the main distributor for North American) was fired or left, and the new buyer can’t seem to negotiate any decent prices for figures…alas, hopefully we’ll see a change soon cause i miss having all those cool figs on the shelf

speaking of Kamen Rider i just got a copy of the new movie, not sure what the name is but starts of with Decade killing all the current riders…probably going to watch it tonight…you familiar with the series at all?

yeah, more random casuals…i’d love to do a Swiss style tournament, so we can get a better idea of rankings…although i’d probably be at the bottom, it’d be nice to see and then if you progress later on it’d be a good gauge…also swiss is a little more fun because you’ll end up with all the top players playing each other and the lower players playing each other, i’m still not a fan of this double elimination formula, as it’s more random

i’ll post up when i get some possible dates

anybody else on psn or xbox for some games? i need practice!

What character(s) do you play?

Double elimination eliminates factors such as losing just because of character matchups. It gives them one more chance to place in their deserving place/ranking, even if that place isn’t 1st.

Diamond Comics works out strange IMO, my main figure dealer in Halifax doesn’t like using them for some reason(maybe it’s the order shipping system they have lol). Domestic action figures is fine but because the anime scene is still booming, it gives the companies a “excuse” to bump up prices as well as stated back in 2008…ughh, my collection slows down every time one of those announcements are made haha.
Believe or not, I’m a huge Kamen Rider junkie and I’m a sucker for the belts lol!(picture is missing the other 2 belts I have too) May Lee was awesome in KOF! Yeah, the All Riders 2010 movie was pretty cool, the starting of that movie was pretty badass with Decade taking down 3 Riders within minutes. SIC IXA, and Dark Kiva pack + Limited Den-O Wing form has just been shipped~

Haha, I’m sure your Cody will knock me down to the bottom! Going through the pad to stick transition still and decided to use Ibuki as the character starter instead of Viper. I can’t seem to negative edge on a stick with her! The double elimination was great last time that happened in the beginning of May.

My buddy has asked about casuals as well, I forgot he didn’t go to Anime North and I just realized there was one and forgot to tell him about it…

used to play cody and a handful of other characters…but in the interest if actually trying to get better i now stick to one character…right now it’s Chun Li. She seems easier to use and comboing Ultra2 is much easier than trying to focus cancel into something

oh yeah, i hear you… perhaps running something like swiss style pairing and then cutting to top 4 or top 8 for a single elim might be more interesting.

haha, sick! i was just looking at the helmets on e-bay and they are wicked looking…but $200+ each! and from thailand to boot! if your ever looking for a figure be sure to let us know and i’ll see if we can get it and work out a good price for you. We can order anything from diamond, but cause of the costs we usually don’t stock alot of the shelfs

my cody sucks! i’ve abandoned him as per mentioned above. I didn’t get to see you play much, but i suspect you’d be able to beat me or possibly we’d be on equal level…my buddy says online i’d probably be rated at just under 1000pp. Stick with the stick…haha…most of us at heroes did the transition when Super came out and now i don’t think we could go back.

I’ve got a wedding this weekend, so no SSFIV…but after that i’ll see what we can work in…it’s very easy for me to set up the arcade style we did on the past weekend…just one monitor and system and winner goes on. Maybe i’ll try to throw in a couple random casuals like that

Yeah man, if I weren’t just unemployed at the moment(figures, since my summer vacation from College just started then I get the “you’re on call” status which usually means no more shifts…), I would be more comfortable for this season…Those helmets are real nice but they don’t make my favorite Riders helmet, IXA Save Mode.
So “free” at home that I spent the entire moment familiarizing myself with Ibuki, screw her target combo SJC Ultra 2, I’m having trouble getting contact with my opponents, just been training and practicing against my friends Ryu. Not bad, I just have to be patient and time my target combo after the vortex kunai starter.
I’m sure we’ll be even but I have a habit of playing so aggressive that I tend to dig my own grave haha…which reminds me that spending $17.50 for the first SFIV shoto pack + SSFIV Femme Fatal pack 2 sucks! Japanese version is only compatible with Japanese costumes and the I had to buy a 1000 yen PSN card(400 yen for costumes but the new pack requires an extra 200 yen for some reason…tax?).

Congrats on the wedding man! Hopefully the weather will be beautiful but then again, it has been more pleasant that gloomy :slight_smile:

oh man, i never thought of the costume packs not working!! that sucks!

i hate ryu, i just can’t beat him!!! what your trying to do already sounds crazy to me…i’ll just ex legs or hp you out the air into ultra 2, that’s pretty much the extent of my combos, haha!

not my wedding so if it rains, i’ll be fine :slight_smile:

Time to play for quarters… >=)

You’re forgetting flipkick > cr.hk or throw. :slight_smile:

I’m waiting for the entire costume pack to come out AND for it to go on sale. I recently picked up the SF4 alts for $6.50. =D

hey guys, just an update, i manged to secure another monitor, supposedly lag free

now i can have at least two screens set up fairly easily…trying to plan another jam session…possibly Saturday June 26.

i could even pop in a no notice casuals event for Saturday June 12th…if anyone is interested post up and let me know…i would probably be looking to get $5 for all day gaming cause 2 screens is a little more work and room to set up…but i can do mini tourney and give away some prizes (sf related merch) at no extra cost

lmk

I’m down for 26th, but 12th is no good for me; celebrating Father’s Day that day. =T

**EDIT: ** You might want to update your first post.

Props to chowwun for being awesome with wiring

I’m glad to know that my work has not fallen apart. LOL.

That stick is totally whack… nice and large and… American parts. (ugh)…

BTW, if you want to be sure that your stuff is properly insulated, use hot meld glue on the points connecting to the PCB like… http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs449.snc3/25758_882883058392_28131633_54263224_3866592_n.jpg

whoops, just realized we have a conflicting event on the 26th, so that’s definetly a no go

i may possibly set something up on Saturday for kicks though, so if anyone had a thought of swinging by, let me know

I hate Wonderland for making me work Saturdays.

Should plan something on a Sunday though =D LOL

19th is bad for me
but all the rest of those weekends are ok for me

I just realized that Father’s Day is next week; not this one. LOL. Fail.

Jon, if you’re doing anything tonight, let me know!