Help buying Skullgirls using US PSN (From EU)

It will most likely not know what country you are from, though it depends on the game i guess. You could search by region in SC5, for example, no matter what region your account was in. But some/most people filter the fight finder by their region and you would never get to fight those, so you would miss out on a lot of people to play against.

Until we see how it works in this game specifically there is no way to answer this question, really. I would wait a while until things are cleared up or until the european store has it. If you want to be sure, that is. I will wait :slight_smile:

Region comes from your PSN account, not game purchase region. So install from US account, login to EU account, should play with no problems. (I think there’s only ever been like 1 game on PSN that had region specific matchmaking, and that was only separating japan and western markets).

I bought my PSN card from http://www.play-asia.com/ . They delivered it digitally on the first working day after payment.

my account is USA, but why can’t I get Skullgirls? the search turns up nothing.

Because its not out yet? You’ll have to wait for the psn store to update.

Oh? I thought it came out April 10th, today.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/ i used that when there was no mortal kombat arcade edition in EU psn store. Why do we(EU) always get delayed release dates…

Ok, judging from the comments on this blogpost, I have lost hope in getting an EU version in a timely manner (what with the official person saying date unknown and many posters lamenting EU PSNs crappiness on these matters). I need Skullgirls sooner.

So you guys who got the US ver, how’d you do it? Just make a fake account and order points from one of these shady sites? Can you still play it with your main account?

If you wanna get it off US PSN, here are some tips
1- Make a US account with the address/area as Maryland. Maryland does not charge you taxes for any of your purchases from US PSN.
2- Use BestBuy.com to purchase 20 or 50 dollar PSN Cash cards. WHen asked for a billing address, the site will provide one for those that live outside the US. Furthermore, they send the code to your e-mail within the hour.

I mainly use EU PSN but have gotten the game the moment it was up on US PSN yesterday lol.
Hope that helps ;3

Got my code from here. They had some trouble processing my info but I still got the code in about 15 minutes.

Yes and yes.

So do you guys find a lot of eu players to play with? Is the netcode bearable with (east coast) us players? Feedback would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, I’ll try it out tomorrow. :slight_smile: BestBuy seems like a good option.

So, after a lot stress, I finally managed to get a code and buy this game.
I used Play-Asia first. They sent me a code that doesn’t work. I’ve spent the last two days trying to get hold of them to do something about it. Probably going to have to get PayPal to get involved to get my money back…
Call me crazy but I really wanted SkullGirls so I went to http://maximuscards.com. Had a little trouble, it said the processing failed, and they told me I needed to send me their number and they will ring me within 10 minutes. I put in my mobile number like an idiot not thinking about region coding being that I come from England and it was an American site and I couldn’t rectify the problem which added to the stress of play-asia xD
About 10 minutes later though they sent me my code though and it worked. Not quite sure why they needed to contact me then but I’m not going to ask questions tbh. Happy I went through with it even though as I said, I got to deal with Play-Asia…

Im in some serious need for Skullgirls this week :stuck_out_tongue:

Are there any EU users who have played online yet? Is it possible to search by region?

Whats the easiest way to obtain psn cash, maximuscards?

//poor eu user…

I’ve played a couple games online. Even managed to find a guy in the EU which game me like 60-90 ping which meant the game ran so smooth :stuck_out_tongue:
Yes, It’s possible to search by region and you can see what region people are in when you’re looking for “Any Region” lobbies if you’re desperate for a game :slight_smile:

And as for buying PSN wallet funds, After my experience, I would probably say the maximuscards since they were pretty quick about it and didn’t give me stress like Play-Asia did :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks :smiley: I’ll try with maximuscards then. Do I have to use my “us account” while playing skullgirls or can i use my eu account? Havnt bought any games on the us account before, just tried a demo for mk9.

Yeah, I was worried about having to use my US psn account but nope, I’m currently using my EU account (MittinsKittens) with no problems what so ever :slight_smile:
Just make sure when you make the US account that you make it something you can actually remember, since if by some VERY sad chance that your ps3 messes up and you need to format the drive/buy a new one, you’re going to need to get back into the US account to get the game again :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, Just a heads up about MaxiumusCards. For some reason, they gave me and Jufo a “We had an problem processing your order” error and they requested my number (not sure about Jufo). As I said earlier in the thread, I derped and gave them my mobile number without the proper formatting. Didn’t matter because about 10 minutes later I was given a code without them even trying to contact me again… So yeah, not really sure what that was about. Not going to ask questions though since they did a better job then play-asia laughs :smiley:

Thanks again for the quick response.

My US account is fairly old and i will most likely remember it :stuck_out_tongue: Ill go ahead and order some cash in a few hours and then start my reign of terror online :smiley:

Ill send a friend request later today on psn if all goes well :slight_smile:

Sounds awesome. When you send me a invite however, just whack on a message you’re from here or something so I don’t think it’s some random 13 year old trying to contact me because he thinks I’m a girl. You laugh, but seriously, When I play online, about once every week when I’m getting some good sessons on my ps3, I get a message along the lines of "r u a gurl?"
Not that it matters because it allows me to have fun with them.
But yeah, I hope I’ve answered some worries of yours. I know how you feel because you asked the exact same questions that I did. Just I was too afraid to ask :stuck_out_tongue:

You can filter lobbies from Europe if you want. Not sure if Ranked matchmaker will put you outside that region if it doesn’t find anything after a while, but I did find another EU players lobby in unranked this way (from my country even).

I’ve accidently queued for ranked a few times. It gives you the option of declining the match by backing out before you start (with a info screen of location and ping) so its not a problem in ranked either :slight_smile: