Has adopting Dan as a main changed your philosophy as a fighting game player?

LOL, this. I was against a bad Dan, I just kept doing st.hk all day. His reaction was “HAHA, YOU ALMOST LOST TO DAN? YOU SUCK HE’S THE WORST IN THE GAME!”. Dude… I was using 1 button.

I’m sure most Dan mains don’t care and just want to have fun but it is annoying to run into some Dan’s or ANYONE who doesn’t use their main and when you beat them they’re like “LOLOLOL you beat Dan/my day 2 none main WELL DONE!” when it was their choice to choose Dan/their main or not…
Besides… Dan isn’t THAT bad… its not like its unwinnable online with Dan xD
If you get a chart, I reckon Dan is actually good in lower - intermediate skill level play (most people online).
Tier lists are only for high level play where both players use every tool of their character, can complete all their combos, max punish, know how to block, know how to frame trap, know how to option select etc etc.
Online is more like, pretty much everyone is either a random/masher or a turtler.
I’m sure if there was tier lists for online or maybe one for the community a lot of the characters would be at WAYYYYYYY different places…

Just my ¢2.

Take a recent tier list. Flip it upside down. There, you have your online tier list. Akuma/Seth/C. Viper top tier online when lag is involved? Nah.

Agreed I hate people that do this and this is coming from a Dan mainer.

Purposely playing an ass character and being decent enough with him doesn’t make you a better player. It just makes you a big masochist. Besides Dan has always have some decent stuff. His DP has always been pretty good.

So to answer the OP’s statement. Not it won’t make you a better player. I guess Daigo is a fraud cause he uses a character with a varied toolset. God forbid, I learn to play SF with a complete character. Dan is a fun character for shits and giggles not to prove your worth as a player. I actually play an equally bad character in Rose. A character that gets destroyed at high level due to OS and her non-existing wake up game. I chose the path of using that bitch and I don’t go…“lulz, I lost cause Rose is ass”. I go I lost cause I made a terrible choice in my character selection. If I could ever go back to the past to the day I picked my main I would tell myself to never pick her up. lol

It’s not too late to change. The number 1 character atm is ass easy. :wink:

Cammy…ehh…i would rather play Fei…its more of my style. I have been practicing him on the side

He ran into Ryo Sakazaki, who beat Dan up for stealing Ryo’s identity. [/joking]

I picked dan for the first time in the first game he appeared in… SFA2 or 3… he was just so purposefully bad, but charismatic and the Danku was great.

I always hated the boring main characters and still do. I always pick Dan for fun, even if I was never good enough to take him to the top.

Still… maybe one day I’ll go StripfighterIV all over everyone’s asses

Dan4Life

go tell that to Luffy and come back crying.