Hakan Vs girls (Chun li / C.Viper / Ibuki / Cammy / Rose / Makoto)

Well Ibukis never been known for having good footsies, hakan has good footsies; oiled hakan has amazing footsies. It’s just about being reactive, if she’s dashing up with st.jab, st.mp will beat that, f.lp too. Use your quick priority normals, create a wall which will make it hard for her to approach, and if you can force her to jump, easy airgrab.

Hakan vs Ibuki is pretty hard.
I dont know if you guys remember this video: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ov3rheadGreg#p/search/0/e7jSxtJ2CxQ

The Hakan player fights a Ibuki and in the moment 09:45 he use focus in the last low Tsumuji kick and can grab her. I was trying this option and looks really nice. If Ibuki uses the regular last Tsumuji kick and you press focus then he wont came out. If she stop in the second kick she will not be able to keep the combo due the range. But I only play with one Ibuki player, maybe she has an option to deal with it cause in the same video the Ibuki player stop the combo in 11:16 like waiting for something or I am thinking too much and she only miss the combo? Maybe you guys already know about this better than me and could correct me in some points.

About the 1000kicks from Chunli I would like to know how to punish to but I know you can grab her with Oil rocket before the move cameout.

Sorry about my english, maybe I let some confuse parts in the post. I am learning a lot here, I dont post to much cause my english still sucks. Thanks a lot.^^

bump.

these match-up/setups definitely needs revision.

So far into my 1year Hakan anniversary :slight_smile:
Some of these bitches are still the most troubled match-ups i am having.
Here are my updated thoughts on these characters.

Chun-Li (5.5 - 4.5)
over the time of learning and piling up my experiences vsing her, it paid off and Chun-li isnt that hard to deal with anymore.
I think its also due to the fact that at least her fireball is downback, hence alot of times allowing Hakan to breath a little or chance to oil up. REALLY!
Still hard against good Chun-lis, and the rush-down ones of course. And that meshing ex.kick (from any situation) from anyone noob or not is still freaking dumb.
but i’d say its 5.5-4.5 in her favor, or more if you are inexperienced or not careful.

C.Viper (5.5-4.5)
Like Chun-li this match up can be learnt over time and experiences helps.
The burning kicks can still be really hard to deal with.
Using the safe-jump OS c.hk tech is definitely key to up your winning odds.
Her hp.dp seems to be 7f start up, but dont let this fool you it has weird duration and weird hitting point could still stuff up alot of your setup if not done correctly.
If you have good oil technology then the odds are higher to 5-5 match up.

Ibuki (6-4)
I would say there are around 5 characters in the game that is really hard for Hakan, and this is one of them.
Almost impossible to cross kick, hard to safe jump and her instant slide punishes any oil on reaction if they are anticipating. cant even ex.oil~cc.
Though oiled hakan seems to be good in this match up but chances are that a good ibuki player will not let you have chance to oil up footsie mid-range, and even a good hakan dont have chance to oil up.
Need to master dry hakan and the use of ground normals to OS slidings to catch her b.dashes while you are in offence.
in 2012 its so easy to stay oiled, i almost forgot how to play a good dry-hakan. need to re-learn!
even so its still really hard… i’d say its 6-4. Not as bad as cammy lol.

Cammy (6.5-3.5)
This is one uphill battle match up. one of the toughest for hakan imo.
Once you lose oil, just like ibuki but worse, all your options are stripped with them having the ability to start their gussing game even without a knockdown…
Impossible to cross-kick, instant drill/super/Ultra to punish all oil, and a 5f dp meshable in all situations just makes this really hard. Only good option is to safe jump her on a knock-down like ibuki. But she can slip out of your grasp so easy that you may want to opt for oil instead of dry offence.
Though U2 doesnt land much, but i still use it to stop her a bit from abusing air-ambiguous setups.
fighting a good cammy is worse than zangeif-sagat match up. could be a 3-7 if they purely play footsie and come in at you when chance given.
Need more love!

Makoto (5-5)
Its actully a pretty hard match-up for hakan due to her air-kick and choices if they are good makoto.
U2 here doesnt really land as much so i opt for U1.
New hakan OS tech give us higher chance of beating this gal, but still dont lose your guard as she has fast dashes and big dmg setups to turn tides.
Hakan can stay oiled after rockets and go in much easier after, hence its either 5-5 or in hakans favor if you are experienced.

Rose (5-5)
Rose could be hard if you dont know how to deal with her sliding, ex.drill and b.dashes.
This is a match up that can be learned over time and lesser threat compare to chun-li.
5-5 if not hakans favor :slight_smile:

If you disagree with what i say that is fine because its ‘my opinion’.
But please continue to discuss strats vs these bitches.

I know the Chun match up pretty well, I think Hakan does well in it and wins that match. He doesn’t struggle to get oil in it, and with Oil it breaks down a lot of Chuns options. A lot of her normals become easy focus bait, her sweep is messed up pretty bad lol. The safejump after slide press means you can put some decent pressure on her on wakeup, and when she doesn’t have meter? And she’s in the corner? She should be toast. If you can force the chun to blow meter by trying to break focus by cancelling into ex legs, good lol. She should have other things to worry about

Also Makoto, I think Hakan runs a train on her. If you can get first knockdown, you can mess her up. It’s not hard to land Oil rockets on her, and if you can muster up some oil, get a knockdown, then you should be looking to mess her up. You’re in trouble without oil though, so you should be looking to sneak in a LK oil dive off say tsurugi to get back up and running. She doesn’t have any great armor breakers so focus attack is pretty good here at mid to close range.

That’s my input for now lol

vs Cammy

After i wrote the above update i went to the lab to test safe jump for an hour.

Here are the options for her safe jumps and thoughts.

[ slide-press > walk back tiny > n.j.hk / f.j.hk ]
-50 50, not as easy to time the hit and whiff block dp…
-really need to practice to get this with 50%+ consistency

[ hp/ex.rocket > walk forward tiny > f.j.hk ]
-quite inconsistent
-better to time it for a whiff rather than try to delay and get dp…

[ mp.rocket > f.dash > walk foward tiny > f.j.hp/f.j.hk ]
-quite inconsistent
-better to time it for a whiff rather than try to delay and get dp…

[ (corner) lp.rocket > c.mk > f.j.hp/hk ]
-at the fastest whiffing timing, your jump attack whiffs.
-at least the whiffing timing is consistent if you do fastest timing so its a good option

[ (corner) mp.rocket > c.lk > f.j.hk (below head level) ]
-at the fastest whiffing timing, your jump attack whiffs.
-at least the whiffing timing is consistent if you do fastest timing so its a good option

*[ (corner) mp.rocket > tiny pause > walk forward tiny > f.j.hk (Ass on the head level) ]
-this actually has the most consistent result out of all the safe jump setup to my surprise due to corner.
-either way, if your walk forward is more it’ll just whiff to their back.
-it will hit standing and crouching if done correctly
-all dp whiff towards mid screen
-all OS slide will whiff but will get you close to her for a rocket or c.lp/f.lk > slide punish.
OS lp.sliding is best.

[ (corner) hp.rocket > walk back tiny > f.j.hk ]
-quite inconsistent on Cammy.

[ (corner) f.throw/lp.rocket > f.dash x2 / lp.slide > f.j.hk ]
forgot to test

Again all U1 & super hits hakan… wtf
so use with caution.

Sharing my new Cammy cross kick timing tech :slight_smile:

[ slide-press > crouch motion a little (hold down after slide press) > f.j.hk ]
-after training and using it more, i m having 90%+ success of this method!

heres a bump since the last post.

new ibuki safe jumps after slide press if you dont know already:

**[ (OILED) S-P > walk back alittle s.mp > f.j.hk/f.j.mk ]

[ S-P > walk back alittle s.lp > f.j.hk/f.j.mk ]**

what about Juri?.. she’s way more hotter than the rest of the girls listed here.