Hakan Moveset and Attributes

Good info here, can’t wait til super so I can test some of these things out and contribute on giving info, but i know there’s people who will be doing this at midnight release, so I guess I’m screwed.

Yea man I tried playing SC4 but I was thoroughly disgusted. Hilde is so much bullshit in that game. I couldn’t take it serious for more than 2 weeks. I swear the series has gotten worse with each sequel. :confused: I wish they’re re-release SC1 with online play. I’d be all over that shit.

I’m still in Pittsburgh lol. Its been hard for me to stick with fighting games for a long time anymore. I typically get bored after a few months. We do have a good amount of people here who play, so at least there’s competition around. I’m in the process of re-learning SF4 since I stopped playing around last June . Hopefully I’l play super for more than a few months. :lol:

I don’t think that Blanka’s d+PPP has that bad of a recovery, but someone else should confirm. If the recovery proves to be good then an immediate ultra 2 might. However I think most people’s normal response will be a low attack–so I’d be very interested in seeing whether his EX 360+P is invuln to strikes or has super armor.

I still think the most deciding factors with his movesets are going to be Invuln frames on any EX moves/moves in general and how his oil works. I wonder if you can refresh oil or does it override etc.

Bronzefist:
yeah I hear you, nowadays I don’t have the same amount of time and energy to study a game like how i used to be in SC series… lets see what happens with this game

I do agree that the invulnerbility is a big thing… it seems like he doesn’t have a move where he can just get out of the pressure well… then again in the recent vid against Dudley the guy did manage to get out of a lot of stuff with D+PPP…

as for oiling up, i feel like people are not brave enough to do the longer versions after certain throws or attempting to do the shorter version to bait the opponent to come in… it seems like from the video some of his normals on block gives frame adv.

-LAU

I’m worried about the long oils as well, to me it seems like it’ll be really rare to use them as it’s unsafe and you can eat a projectile in most cases from it. I hope oil dive can catch people jumping back.

I’m sure there’s gonna be some oil baits with certain setups against certain characters… once your opponent starts to stop falling for these baits… it might give you a chance to use the longer oil.

-LAU

Has anyone reported whether he can FADC his oil shower? His super doesn’t look that promising so far, so I imagine that we’ll have plently of meter to mess around with.

DP+HK seemed guaranteed after a 360+LP or either one of the LP+LK grabs that leaves your opponent on the opposite side of the screen.

DP+MK seemed guaranteed after a 360+HP

DP+KK only seemed guaranteed after a normal, full screen projectile attack

360+K and qcf+P leaves Hakan right next to the opponent, so no real time to fully oil up.

It can, but 360+LK seemed best as it has the shortest leap :slight_smile:

Just to put this to rest: st.hp is not an overhead, as seen at about 2:41 in this vid:

[media=youtube]JqL3x9cBeV0&feature=channel[/media]

Juri blocks it low.

^ Shame :frowning:

While I’m here, 360+P (all variants) did not seem to start up immediately, possibly due to the way he moves forward. This is in direct contrast to Tony Hawk and Zangief, who’s 360+P’s seemed instant. This will hurt his “get off me” game.

EX Oil Rocket have invincibility? I do remember Seth saying something about the forward movement making it so it is possible he can get hit out of the attack :frowning:

Updated the first post. Biggest change is the update in the normals section, along with a short general overview of Hakan’s normals. Also added a bit of information on some of the special moves as well.

Edit: Richard “pro-killer” Nguyen found some interesting things with Hakan, I will post them later in the day. Most notably, while oiled up, Hakan can cancel his dash into any special or normal.

So when oiled up he can Normal Fadc xx Normal or something?Can Oil Dive be comboed into?

In regards to anyone who thinks Hakan’s Super being “terrible” then allow me to drop some knowledge for my Hakan brothers.

LK Super: Poke Invulnerable - You cannot be hit out of this super by anything, including Ken’s Ultra 2. I have not tested on much but you can hold your charge through the entirety of Ken’s U2 or interrupt him at any point. Tested against Honda’s headbutts, all of them, and his Super and it works the same as Ken’s.

MK Super: Grab Invulnerable - You cannot be grabbed be it Oicho, normal grab, Honda Ultra 2, Akuma’s Ultra 1 (Demon), and more than likely anyone else’s grab ultra, command, or normal grab. You can hold the charge the entirety and Demon just runs into you and cannot grab you, wherenas you can interrupt at any point of his ultra.

HK Super: Projectile Invulnerable - You cannot be hit by projectiles including Akuma’s air fireballs, Sagat’s Ultra 2 and I’d assume it can also go through Ryu’s Ultra 1, and just tested it can walk right into Chun’s Ultra 2 and interrupt at any point.

Hakan’s Super I believe has to be one of the best in the game and covers half screen to close range. the downsides are already known such as crouching characters, but you can do it on reaction and catch people in recoveries every time.

This has been a S.I.N.dustry public broadcast.

^^^ Oh my lord, good shit on dropping Hakan’s Super knowledge! At first glance it really does seem useless.

GJ. So the LK version can be used as anti-air?

You have to do it early, as in at the peak of their jump on reaction and not hold the charge, or just before the peak and hold the charge till the peak of their jump. In accordance to anti-air, I have yet to try it against Ryu or Akuma while they try Ex Tatsu because it depends on how high they are when they activate and your precise timing in when they start to fall.

So now with Hakan’s super and U2, you can’t jump at him, and you can’t shoot projectiles at him. Maybe I can finally get my revenge on Sagats who gave my gief so much trouble.

I am coming to Hakan as a Seth player, so trust me, Sagat is going to get raped.

Update, You can react to jump INS with LK Super and hold the charge till after they lose their hovering status. You catch them on their recovery.

Proven right meow, LK Super can go through Ryu’s Ultra 2, HK Super can go through Ryu’s Ultra 1.

Also, advanced tactic. Say a Hypothetical situation a Ryu player is zoning you with Fireballs full-screen, you can HK Super on reaction, and he HK Tatsu’s, you can let go of the charge and catch him at 3/4 screen out of his tatsu.

Yeah, Hakan is beast.

This has been a S.I.N.dustry public broadcast.

Oil doesnt keep the strongest one active. Ex oil, then LK oil gave the LK oils time…
And AI set to block wont let you do that fa2/3, cr mk pop up into mp slide.
it just looks like its crossing up when it hits in training mode.