Hacking the ST rom

This times 9000.

I could go on about other stuff but this one in particular, even after all these years is still the number one issue.

Supers are stupid nerd ejaculations.

GET. RID. OF. THEM. ALL.

Why don’t just play HF or SSF2 instead? Then you can play o.gat and o.ken all day long.

At first it seemed like a good idea, but i’m not so sure now…

http://www.a-framevideo.com/thread_direction_2.gif

Hey, I love my nerdjaculations. Leave them be =p

blowing a fb -> super -> upkicks on a lariating gief is the best feeling ever.

[S]I totally see where you’re coming from though[/S]

Give old characters throw techs?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

ugh, old gat being able to tech throw…

Well, it’s just a fun project. I don’t think anyone’s going to see this as the next patch to ST that will be played at tourneys…unless it’s just for side tourneys.

I think a lot of people like the new tools that some characters received (i.e. Ryu) and want to be able to utilize them. It’d be pretty awesome to play a version of ST where there are no supers, and everyone can tech throws. It makes it so that throws aren’t as powerful as they used to be in CPS1, while making it so that nobody has a comeback super to rely on. It’d be fun.

Just nerf his st.short cancels and give him N.Sagat’s fireball. That’d be pretty fair without neutering the shit out of him.

Ok, ill change that, let o fei be able to tech throws.

:slight_smile:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Cammy just needs 1 buff, just give her the same diagonal jump as Vega( the claw) has, the issue about Cammy is she is literally floating when jumps in, so Sagat can deep uppercut her every time, or sweep her from very far.

For the trained eye, something about this picture tells me its photoshoped…

Oh, that’s just the best idea ever. Bring back those CPS1 mofos sounds, touch nothing else, and you’ll got the best game ever…

Maybe also give ST the CPS1 portraits.

I think this could honestly be fun, and again, no one will look at this to replace ST

It would be awesome if there was a way to develop a broad dip switch menu.

4 options for throws: default is as in st (old characters can’t tech; new characters can tech all), hyper/ae style (old/classic throws can’t be teched; new characters can tech only new character throws), all throws techable, no throws techable

Announcer style (CPS1/CPS2)

Language audio options (mostly for Cammy and DeeJay)

CPS1 hit/block/throw sounds

Kara cancel for faster special move recoveries on/off

Supers on/off

Wall bounce on/off

And so on.

There have been scores of ideas pitched over in the HDR forum. Not that all of them are gold, but many are just basic hitbox changes, and make a lot of sense.

EDIT: Pasky posted much more information about specifics that would probably help in his HUD thread.

Have you guys seen those horror movies where scienists create genetically modified birds/worms/ corpses/ gerbils/ or whatever. Only to have them escape and fuck the living shit out of the surrounding community… Just saying.

IMVHO, you all need to tread lightly, if you want to save what’s left of ST.

Good idea, except don’t use Guile’s WW portrait. He looked like has a botched nose job in that one. CE/HF Guile portrait is best. But everyone else, yes, use the CE/HF faces.

I think it’s just for fun. I don’t think anybody is seriously going to adopt this as the future of ST. It’s basically our ideas of what ST Rainbow-Edition would look like…or born2spd edition, or whatever.

lol fatboy, I hear you. So long as there are people who play ST like we are now, there’s nothing to worry about.

Can you give rog the ability to do tap through fbs like hf…i think that would be sick

I would enjoy to play ST even if I was 80 yrs old, hopefully most of us can make it until that age

About ur video, I realized the main issue about Gief’s kick lariat, his last frame is totally vulnerable, removing it would make both attacks whiff, then Zangief could quickly punish( my best choice, st mp, st lk, sweep) either that or honda winning with a grab, leaving the situation 50/50, IMO keeping it fair.
Last frame of kick lariat is:

huge middle body blue box

With punch lariat losing to heabutt is cuz honda hits the knee ( [S]arrow[/S] headbutt to the knee), unlike to kick lariat having a smaller blue box in the lower body, so by simply making punch lariat lower blue box the same to kick lariat, Gief would be able to beat headbutts clean.

If u remove the last frame of vulnerabilty it would be bad for shotos cuz Zangief could spam kick lariats even more with minimal punishment. either way Gief would move up in tiers but nothing overpowered, n about his HHS u can always can sweep those.

The only 2 changes I could think of Gief is 1 of the previously mentioned, and giving -2 frames of recovery on his banishing flat, nothing insane as the -4 frames of HDR, quoted from Sirlin:
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/street-fighter-hd-remix-zangief.html
Green Hand with Less Recovery

• Green hand now has 4 frames less recovery. Earlier development versions had even less recovery, but they proved disastrous…*