Gunslinger's Heihachi Guide

Cheers for the awesome resource, its coming together nicely. The quoted section is what I really want to read about for characters I’m learning. Everyone goes crazy on ‘best jump in combos’ etc while in a match there’s so many other things going on. Very interested in what tools to use where and what I should be trying to do in each situation/range. How best to pressure and what with, how to train opponent and what to do when being rushed down on hard.

Ya,

There is a LOT to cover. And there is even more content (creation, editing) needed to cover it. So it will be long work in process.
The first tutorial just went up. Fundamentals: Breaking Guard

Future videos will cover, Footies, Zoning, Defense, Options (far, medium, close, match-ups) etc.

yo,dunno if anyone else has posted this but for the AA instead of st hp in the end you can cr mk to the flying kicks for 330+ dmg.

Thanks for the contribution and research.

However, I believe you are mistaken. Please post the combo you did. And was it an AA? or was it on the ground?

I believe a c.MK just does not have the juggle value high enough, to juggle at a late stage, to get 300dmg. If it is done earlier (at a lower juggle count) it will end the combo too soon and should not be able to reach 300dmg.

the GROUNDED combo
b+MP xxRU+MP :u: cl.HP xxRU+MP :u: cr.MK xxHA+MK
will do 330dmg

But such a string is not possible on aerial opponents. And as such, is not an AA
Please post any contradictory evidence, if found, so I may amend the AA section

I

NVM,i was wrong,was practicing the AA on a grounded opponent for uppercut consistency.

any tips for hei?im using him with kaz.

I’ve been playing Hei since day one; I think he is really solid. I did find some things that may be unknown:

1. QCF LP, can be followed up by B. MP. Making it posible to do, F. Lp-lp, QCF lp, B. Mp, DP Mp, St. Fp, DP mp, St. Fp, DP Hk-p.
  2. In the corner you can, F. Lp-lp, QCF FP, Tag super.
    3.Chrome dome is a great AA. Even without the counter hit, if you keep the opponent airborne you can follow up with Cr. Mk, DP Mp, St. Fp, DP hk-p.
  3. I believe F. Lp-lpxxQCF lp, is his best confirm/blockstring. On block it pushes the opponent a bit back, but close enough to do B. Lp, St. Lk, DP lp, etc; or F. Mp, F. Lp-lp, DP lp, etc. On hit, you can either go into boost combo with Cr. Mk, or a full combo with B. Mp.

I think someone’s already posted these over in the combo and general threads, but it couldn’t hurt to have the information here as part of Hei’s one-stop-shop. I’m sure it’s not a stretch to imagine Guns1inger adding a blockstring section to his guide up top here.

Since you’re another Hei main, perhaps you could help us show the matchup guide a bit of love. Asica got us started, Guns1inger has a fantastic “vs. Juri” writeup there toward the end, and I did my best with a Ryu strategy. I feel safe speaking for us all when I say we’d appreciate any additions or feedback.

Any updates on this in light of 2013? After Zangief took a beating with the nerf bat, Im back on the Heihachi wagon. Now that everyone has better anti-airs, are Hei’s x-ups more risky? Or if you’re deep enough can you avoid them generally?

Just have to be smarter about jumping during footsies now since some people can AA into 400 meterless. Jumping while your opponent is knocked down is still good though.

This guide is amazing, just wanted to let you know OP, saved me a ton of work that I would have had to do myself. Thanks.