Guard Crush 10 - Brooklyn, NY - 10/13/10

"Guard Crush 10"
(Bi-Weekly Tournament)
Now CHARACTER LOCK!!!

Wednesday October, 13th @ GamePAD Inc.

Super Street Fighter IV on Xbox 360 - $7 Entry
Windjammers on Arcade - $2 Entry (The arcade will be set to free play for the duration of the tournament)
IF WE GET AT LEAST 16 PEOPLE TO ENTER WINDJAMMERS, CHAKL WILL THROW IN A 20 DOLLAR POT BONUS!!!
Venue Fee is $7
Pot for each bracket will be split 70/20/10 between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place respectively

The Live Stream will be brought to you by Team Sp00ky
To donate to Team Sp00ky, go to Team Sp00ky Donation

Tournaments will be CHARACTER LOCK!!! Pick your character and stick with your character!!!
Tournaments will be Double Elimination
Seeded Brackets will be generated through Tonamento.com
To preregister for the tournament, go to http://tonamento.com/PlayerRegistration.aspx?id=511

BYOC - Bring Your Own Controller!!!

Where: Game PAD Inc on google maps
6727 Bay Parkway
Between 67th and 68th Street
Brooklyn, NY
Directions by Train/Bus: Take the N train to Bay PKWY in Brooklyn. Walk 2 blocks up the streets. You can also go to MTA Trip Planner to get the fastest route over here

When: Wednesday October 13th
Registration and Casuals Will Begin at 4:30pm.
SSF4 will begin at 6:30pm.
Windjammers will begin at 8:00pm
**BE ON FRIGGING TIME!!! If you are running late…CALL!!! **
Mike’s Cell: 347 472 2105
Joe’s Cell: 516 652 8223
**GamePAD: 718 837 6604 **

Rules:
- Super Street Fighter IV will now be a Character Lock Tourney. You chose your character when you sign up before the tournament starts and stick with your character the whole way through.

• Sets will be 2 out of 3 Matches
  • Loser’s and Winner’s finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
  • Grand Finals are 3 out of 5 matches with the guy coming out of the Loser’s bracket having to win 2 sets and the guy coming out of Winner’s only having to win 1 set.

Super Street Fighter IV

• Singles
  • 2 out of 3 rounds
  • 99 seconds
  • Color 11 and 12 banned
  • Winner of the previous match cannot switch Ultras. Loser of the previous match has the option of switching Ultras
  • If a match ends in a double KO where both players have 2 rounds won, both players are credited for winning 0 matches and must restart that match with no one switching Ultras

Windjammers

• Singles
  • 2 out of 3 rounds
  • 60 seconds
  • Windjammers is not character locked and switching is allowed regardless of win or lose.

Since people were asking me about windjammers rules i figure i should throw them up. We are going to play with Japanese tournament rules for this one.

60 second rounds
first to 15 points
best of 3 rounds
first to 2 sets,

and finals are first to 3 sets.

windjammers is not character locked and switching is allowed regardless of win or lose.

windjammers get hype

G. Scott

Btw Chakl said Windjammers will be set to free play for tournament. Don’t be bums and not enter!

niceeee. I’m going to be in NYC for this,coming up from NC.

good shit.

Please be aware this is a character locked event, AGAIN!!!

Also I am going to suggest that people bring their own equipment/sticks/pads to the tournament. This way there is no chance that you can blame anyone elses borrowed faulty equipment. Also if i call your match and you say you can’t play because so and so has your equipment it delays the entire tournament. Bring your own shit. I bring my stick to lend out all the time. Please do the same.

Another issue i see that delays the tournament is people leaving to get food or do whatever. PLEASE try and stay around GamePAD. Go eat and do whatever it is you need to do before you come to the tournament. I get tight when i have your match ready to go and i can’t find you, but when you get back you tap me on the shoulder and ask when your match is. That shit annoys us to no end.

You can help prevent us from being there till 2am. Just stick around, listen for your name and station, play, and report the results to us AS SOON AS YOU ARE DONE!!!

Thanks. :sweat:

Be sure to Check out our Facebook page when you get a chance.

yall streaming windjammers?

Yup, we are!!!

I’m not sure if i should come through still.
I still kinda free with my Abel, i was hoping I’d come down for experience.
When’s the SSFIV tourney gonna end you think?

I’ll be there. Other than the people strolling in fashionably late, it is a really great event. Character lock is the way to go!

depends on how many people show up. usually around 1am.

damn 1am. How much time you estimate is spent delaying the tourny, waiting for people others sticks, people that step out until the last seconds before their D/Q’d.
How many setups are @ GC?

i wish i could go man

We run on 4 setups (usually) maybe 5. Depends. We try to keep shit moving as fast as we can.

i might enter this time but looking at the character list from last time i’m kind of skeptical on who to play

I got a question. What CRT TV is used at the gamepad for SSF4?

So what’s the take home message here? A bit of a contradiction, it kinda feels like the person who lends out their stick then gets called for a match gets punished, when he was only trying to be a good sport. I understand that all delays are bad, but maybe you should let this one slide as the only delay that is less of an offense? Alternatively, everyone could refuse to lend out their stick, that way they will definitely have it when their match is called, and whoever else doesn’t bring their own can use the house stick or be @ssed out.

Message is to bring your own equipment. There was also a couple of times were equipment was borrowed and faulty. To avoid that as well it is suggested that you bring your own stuff that you yourself maintain.

I’m not calling anyone out, it would just make it easier on us and you guys in the long run.

:sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat: