Good partners for Dormammu?

I think any slow moving projectiles that take up a lot of space for a long time will be good with dorm because he can work from behind them and it gives him time to charge his hands. So like people have mentioned sentinel drones, or dooms rocks would be good for this. I don’t think dooms missiles are that great for dorm because they don’t protect him. They are added pressure, but I think dorm needs something to cover him for a long time or something that comes out quick. My guess at Dorm’s best team would be Trish(peekaboo)/dorm(hole)/Sentinel(drones). I think peekaboo is gonna be a huge help vs teleporters if you plant it, then walk dorm in front of it a little bit, in combination with a flame carpet you would be pretty safe. Or versus people with triangle jump stuff you just leave the traps in front of you. The drones can cover you defensively or let you come in safer with a teleport/rushdown of your own.

Personally I like hsien ko’s style so I will probably try to make her gong work best I can. I wanna do Trish(peekaboo)/Dorm(hole)/Hsien(gong). Or if I get better with hsien I could start with her and have her swinging assist. Get meter and go into super armor form and tag out for amazing armored swinging assist. But still, that’s not optimal play.

I am pretty bad at this game but a team that has been working ok for me has been Doom (missile) /Doormamu (purification) /Haggar (lariat). I start with doom so i can build meter with beam and then i get really agressive with the f+c xx into dash mixups. When i have a lead I switch to Doormamu and just try to build my destruction chargers and keep the opponents out. Doormamu is my worst character for sure and the team does have a bad synergy for DHC’s. However, using a loop combo with doom and then ending with air photon blast hyper can easily be cancelled into doormamu’s hyper fireball thingy. massive damage too.

What do you guys think about modoks barrier assist for Dormmamu?

My only issue with the Barrier is it doesn’t provide pressure on its own, which makes it a naked assist against punishment from hypers. Since Barrier disappears quickly, you have to spam the naked assist as well - it’s a risky combination.

My only issue with the Barrier is it doesn’t provide pressure on its own, which makes it a naked assist against punishment from hypers. Since Barrier disappears quickly, you have to spam the naked assist as well - it’s a risky combination.

I like dorm + thor might smash. From any launcher you can do, regular combo into S, dash forward flame carpet + might smash, then midscreen you can do dark hole, into super or in the corner you can get extended things.

So when I have Dorm on point (using Wesker (samurai edge)/Dorm (purification)/Taskmaster (horizontal shot) atm), how do you handle going up against extremely fast keepaway characters? I have a friend who likes MODOK, and that psionic blaster comes out so fast that it becomes extremely difficult for me to get much of anything of Dorm’s off because the start ups are so slow. The best option I can think of right now is going for teleport mixups since it seems like I’m going to lose the ranged game. Any thoughts?

I did just read the move property thread, so it seems like I should try using normals to shut down their ranged game as part of it.

Disclaimer: I’m a total scrub at this game.

How come I’ve never heard anyone mention Cap’s charging star assist? It seems to me like it would be a decent get-off-me assist for Dorm.

I’m also a scrub but I’m running
Dorm out front then Iron Man and Ammy
Iron Mans Uni seems to work best but I’m not sure which of Ammys is best but seems like Cold Star is useful for a tele to c.M loop

I read that cold star was probably the 2nd best lockdown assist next to lightning legs, so yeah its good for porting in for mix-ups.

Also I found out that Cap’s charging star assist doesn’t eat projectiles and has no i-frames, so its not that great for what i want it for.

i haven’t played the game yet…but the team i’ve been thinking about using is dormammu, either dante or sentinel, and pheonix.

basically the idea i have is to turtle and build meter with dorm, wear them down with sentinel, then finish them off with x factor dark pheonix. but like i said, i haven’t played the game yet so this is just theory fighter. are there any major holes to my master plan? lol.

Right now I’m using Hulk/Arthur/Dorm as my team (Spidey/Wolv/Haggar as secondary) and I have to say I really like the dynamics. Arthur on point, Armor up and then switch off to Hulk or Dorm. Dorm with Dark Hole and Arthur’s fire bottle together can create a mad ass wall of chip. Combine this with Hulk’s gamma charge AAA and it’s hard for anyone to stay at anything other than mid-range (at best). Basically points work like this:

Hulk on Point: Get in there, using Dark Hole or Fire Bottle to keep people locked until you get close. Hulk is damn fast in this game and can 50% easy with a single launch into gamma wave. X-Factor Hulk basically guarantees you’re killing at least one character while you’re a glow.

Arthur on Point: Rare, but goddamn, Goddess Bracelet is amazing. His daggers, are awesome and as long as Hulk is there with the Gamma Rush you can keep Arther relatively safe from anyone trying to rush him down. Also his GB DHC’s well into everything.

Dorm on Point: Hulk to keep people up close at bay, Arthur for lock down to glow up your hands. Power of the Creator x 3 plus Gold Armor Fire-bottle means guaranteed chip damage. Floating bomb is too damn good, but you can literally get 30% chip without even trying as long as Arthur’s assist is good to go

Maybe you can Dark Matter before you do that Dark Hole? Interesting idea, I’ll give it a try with Demon Flip.

Your intuition is correct. Teleport.

Probably because Captain America is not popular, but also because the only assist with startup invincibility is Double Lariat; Charging Star can still be stuffed.

Definitely Cold Stars; I’ve tried Bloom, and it’s just too difficult to work the screen as Dormammu without an offensive assist helping him out.

Check the team-building thread. You have a lot of considerations to make.

so im thinking Hsien Ko (matchup dependant prob swing) / Dorm (hole) / Chris (gun)

opening with Hsien try to instant gong/DF hyper cancel and tag out to Chris and use him mostly as a battery and abuse the shit out of DF Pendulum and eventually bring out Dorm via dhc, or something, and then chaotic flame till death

ok so I’m using dorm(b.hole)/tron(drill)/trish(hopscotch)

dorm is point as soon as I get a chance I’ll lay hopscotch. I choose hopscotch over the seemed favorite peekaboo because
I feel peekaboo gets beat out by jump ins(attacks beat the assist) which is what I’d be using it for so they can’t come close,
hopscotch can be avoided as well but it’s not as easy as just hitting an attack or even having an assist take care of it while they approach. Tron’s assist is very fussy to me everyone has been saying gustaff fire is amazing but I haven’t been able to get great use of it yet, so I go with drill because it pushes them away really well so it just makes sense because that’s where I want them away.

You do realize that dorm has an ability that almost exactly mimics hopscotch right? Why would you choose an assist that duplicates a move your point character already has?

hey can anyone give me some critique on my team? right now its taskmaster, dormammu, and either morrigan or wesker. i was just thinking how taskmaster goes well with dorm, like maybe dark hole assist for pressure while taskmaster goes in and morrigan with her meter build assist can really help dorm with his zoning stuff and just give me a good amount of meter during the beginning part of the game.

i was also thinking of wesker in the team as well just because i really like how he plays and his samurai edge assist is good for mixups.

btw i havent actually played any matches with these teams i have just been fiddling around with the game and these are the characters i liked and seem to make a good team to me

I’m running Dorm (dark hole)/Trish (Peekaboo)/Sentinel (Sentinel Force Charge). I wasn’t going to keep a zoning team, but zoning is looking to be really strong.

All three are great characters, and Sentinel force gives Dorm a lot of space to set up his game. Peekaboo helps keep people the fuck off of him.

I’m using Dormammu A/Wesker A/Sentinel A and the synergy is great. Wesker can OTG Gun Normal (df H) into dark hole assist in the corner for an easy relaunch, and Sentinel’s drones are so tricky to deal with when you combine dormammu’s air dash, keep aways, destruction/creation charges or whatever they are called. Just a killer team. Wesker really makes up for the lack of speed as well - I tend to have problems with Zero or spider man and wesker really helps out there. Combine this with all 3 having near instant hypers…

Any characters with good synergy with Wesker and Dormammu?
I’m looking for a final team member. Might X-23, Zero or Morrigan play well together with Wesker and Dormammu?