Getting good at anti-airing

Tried doing this proximity thing using a crouching block string into ts and then buffering the dp within the ts recovery frames. I cant seem to get the os to work, either i delay it and the dp ends up coming out, or i do it and the dp doesnt come out even when the opponent hits me at close proximity.

Tried different timings but couldnt get it to work once…must be something wrong im doing but not sure what.

How did you test it? Easiest (but most annoying) way is to record the dummy Sagat doing it, then use the character to press the normal after the tigershot/which ever button.

I can stick it on a video if you want to see.

thats what i did. recorded dummies are best to test option selects so i went straight to that, but to no avail. If you can, that would be cool.

Are y’all sure they didn’t remove it in Ultra?

Mmmm, not sure actually , I thought they couldn’t and it was only the unblockables they targeted? Might have though. It’s not something I’ve ever been overly fussed about learning/using.

good point maf. did you try it?

I never bothered to learn it honestly. Even when it first came out. My fundamentals were lacking and still are so I figured I’d work on that before trying to bother with trying to implement another OS.

The main problem is that in most of the situations (IMO) that Gat would use it, you would be doing things a good Gat player wouldn’t do if you know what I mean. Like, nobody is going to use point blank low tiger shot from a cancel. I guess crouching fierce has a case because of it’s frame trap potential… even then, I’m not sure if you can really concentrate on whats happening whilst going for the proximity stuff.

I think in a way it’s like option selects but much more situation specific. It’s not like we’ve seen a heap of proximity things pop up. I mean Fei Long has some INSANE proximity stuff (because his Dp starts from blocking), but I’m not sure I’ve seen it implemented…

Guys, I realize i said this already some time in the past, but i just want to reiterate because it has served me so well against shotos.

You can use crouching strong as a fairly reliable anti air to a jumping mk or hk from shotos. Sure you would get beaten clean if the shoto hit jumping fierce, but still, i find this works very well in the corner when you are under pressure and the person suddenly jumps and its too late to anti air, you could just press crouching mp and it will usually beat him clean and send him into that state where he flips back and lands on his feet. You can then follow up with tk or dash up grab, etc.

Possible spotting at SCR. At 7:20