Get your drink on - A Shun Di Thread

I’ve personally started doing fewer combos and more drinking.

I’ll do something like PPPK (highly unsafe) twice to condition them to it, then pull a PP4P into grab, two drinks for me plus one more makes three :smiley:
Then I’ll back up and drink, usually get to two. They rush in, I go 1PK then back out and drink more. If I land my 4KP crumple, I usually sit and drink.

So much improvement during matches when I get 8 drinks by round 2. 4KP 236PP PP2KK 1PK does such good damage, and then just space and drink some more. Drinks really scale well by the time you hit 6 to 8.

Excuse my ignorance but what is Soukokukyu?

Haven’t been winning much since I’m new to VF but I am rather found of using 6K+G and 8K+G. Mainly just poking at my opponents as I do not feel comfortable enough throwing large combos out there.

[media=youtube]TaezDu46LBo[/media]

EDIT: I’m too dumb to find out how to disable the auto-embeding of the youtube clip, so my cute little link that would bring you to the exact time of the stance is useless! Just skip to 7:16.

The stance you get in by canceling moves by hitting ‘back’.

For now after either of the moves you posted you can easily combo 1p->k, or in the case of 8K+G you can easily get 6P+K for 5 easy drinks.

Haha glad it helped.

6PP 's second hit has wacky range, it its from the side (or so it seems) when some characters try to side step…

and just reiterating, shun’s dirtiest move is def’ntly 43P+K,P nice combo ender with thick dmg

After watching the video I think I might have misinterpreted what Cuz said. As he said “when people see you drink” I understood attacking from forward+P+K+G. But now I see Soukokukyu is the stance you enter when pushing P+K. A little confused here. Attacking from forward + P+K+G is great though :slight_smile:

A great little sneaky launcher is 236+P. Sets up a great juggle combo, seems you need 5+ drinks for it to unlock though.

Yeah I’m talking about the cancel into stance. Basicaly something like 3p->4 and in that stance hit pkg to drink, people will freak out, hit pk and you’ll sabaki their hearts.

Either way your comment changed my style

Before, I tried to zone people out so I could drink

Now I make people think I want to drink so I can punish them for getting close and drink some more

I am also using more “laying on the ground” stance from other moves. For example: forward x 2 + P+K, P+K+G. Some people know what’s up, but others eat up everything you throw them from the ground.

^that stance has a lot of good ways to mess with people…
i saw this sequence once in a vid using Oushin (laying down stance):
(while Oushin) 4P+K+G -> P -> 4P+K+G K (or 6P+K+G to reset to original stance position)… mixing those up fast can be good, from a distance, key thing here is surprising people with the K right after 4P+K+G (rolling). if that K is blocked, you can take a chance and might get that donkey kick after.

Thanks! I will try it. One of the good things about this stance is that there are lots of options. I think it’s the stance with the most options for Shun.

How do you lay on the ground anyway? Infact I only know how to stand on one leg if that is a stance. Goddamn this game is driving me insane nothing feels natural, wanted to give it all up yesterday but I really need to push through for the fun I guess?

You can fall on the ground by pushing the three buttons after some moves (for example after forward x 2 + P+K)

You can also go into the stance by doing HCF + P+K+G (Actually, I don’t remember if it is HCF or HCB right now, check the move list - command training).

I prefer to do it after moves. It’s very good when they block your attack, because falling to the ground can give you the advantage again if they don’t know how to react.

Where are you situated and are you on PSN? If it’s not too far we could have matches, and I’ll try to find my headset so I can give a few pointers ‘live’.

HCB (or simply up+pkg) is the handstand stance.

I’m from Holland. Check my signature for my PSN tag.

I’d love some tips on strategies for the different match-ups, as there are some characters that I don’t see online often enough (Jeffry or Kage, for example) and I have difficulties fighting them.

^same here, I dunno about xbl, but PSN is half the time, Jacky/Lion. My main problems are Kage’s, I simply have a hard time against him. Getting ‘out-tricked’ haha

and oh, shun’s drink spitting? any fun ideas incorporating that? :V my usual “when opp staggers” reaction is 1P and its getting predictable lol

XBL is full of Pais and Laus, Sarahs and Jackys, Brads and Jeans (at least that’s what I found mostly)

I use 1P (,K) a lot too LOL. The spit is 6PKG + PK, right? The 6PKG is the bait (repeat until they approach) and I throw the spit when they come close. If it hits they get stunned and you can use your combo of choice.

The drink spit is actually my personal anti-wake-up of choice. Fast fingers allow you to react to most characters and its a sick beat down.

Against kage, when he gets into stance, take a drink and prepare to take some hits before you get it down. I had trouble with him at first, but Shun’s faster commands let him stuff whats normally safe like doing a buffered donkey kick will let you punish his flips after he gets done. Aside from that, spacing with 1P and faking them out with PPPK4 into a grab or PP4P into grabs. To be honest, when you get the idea of it, you can sober punish a lot of his stuff.

1PK into a forward dash grab if you know he will tech. Once you “train” him not to, do your ground hits. Then he will start ducking to avoid it all. Let him eat a 4K for his troubles or force him to stand with your 3P(?) mini-uppercut. With Kage its all about making the most out of your pressure while avoiding his, and its a good reality check to sidestepping since quite a few of his main BnBs get stuffed hard with a well timed step.