Geese Stategies and Matchups

I also say sj(forward).rh is the better blanka ball counter. His s.rh will leave blanka standing and at a distance that’s to blanka’s advantage.
Super jump punish that shit. And yes, it’s pretty tight.

wow, i think you should post those in general strats, cuz that JD data is gonna benefit anyone on k groove

edit: i was referring to wraithco’s post that got mysteriously deleted :confused:

Your very correct, I should have been more specific, its beter used to counter, a blanka ball if your using A-geese, timing is slighty tight, but its not too difficult. I do agree with you as well though.

Now I find that just a little bit difficult to believe.

Is there a simpler d-pad/joystick motion for Geeses’s Raising Storm?

NO. Do it the real way.

well you could always do HCBx2, D/F+FP

Too slow, it is worth it to learn how to do the pretzel.

Sorry I’m CVS2 newb, but what’s the pretzel?

Pretzel

Geese’s Raising storm is a pretzel motion because the thumb motion of db,hcb,df is interlocked and looks like a pretzel (sort of) when drawn out. It’s not a very erganomically efficient motion, but it sort of encapsulates Geese in general. Difficult and cumbersome to use at first, but radiates untold power when used properly by a veteren (sooooooo not me). Practice with the pretzel motion. I still suck at it, but you will never be able to use it as anti-air in an actual match with 2xhcb, df.

I think I get what ur talking about, thanx!

not if you play A groove:lol:

people still paly A-Geese?

Well I do, I could never get rid of my favorite character, even if is supposed best groove is K, I only use A and S like a loser(always have):lol:

I guess I dont like following the crowd, but I play CVS2 for fun more than tourney type shit, let me stop here before big daddy buktooth comes in here and grounds me from posting.:lol:

Ok two questions. Yama seems to stuff alot of Geese’s Attacks with his :hk: and its if I cant get around it Yama can play keep away and get up in your face really good. I can land dumb shit like Jump in Jd for a counter hit or jump in Activate but everytime I try to rush down I end up eating something.

Vega: His quickness and speed seems to beat out everything I do thus i’m confused on how to beat him its almost like fighting a good sim. :X

I play A and K Geese.

against yama’s s.:hk:, you have to stay out of his sweet spot.
preferebly stay inside his s.:hk: range.
from there, anticipate the move and throw out c.:mk: and you’ll stuff him on his startup.
when you are in his sweet spot, pretty much the only thing you could possibly do is psychic mid counter.
you don’t have to be ultra psychic or anything, just be observant.
i guess it also depends on the player, but also just at certain points of the match you can tell its coming, just by flow.
i can’t counter it consistently myself, but i can see it coming far away enough from time to time to at least get kicked in the face in my attempt to counter it.
if you’re playing against a non-rolling yamazaki, you can avoid this situation a lot of times by just spamming on the air fireball.
get in and stay in if you can.
leave some holes at the right range just so they try to s.:hk: and punish them for it.
hopefully you can shut it down completely.
don’t get cornered, or you die.
get cornered and basically, you’ll always be in the sweet spot, and geese cant do shit there.
also try s.:mp: to stuff yama

vega is a damn tough match and i personally don’t know how i even win that sometimes.
stay close and keep pressure i would guess.
stay out of his sweet spot.
someone posted before that choi has said you just have to take a lot of risks vs. vega.
its a sound strat.
be crazier and randomer than usual.
land crossups if you can and crush his guard if you can.
or better yet let the guy flash and get in random hits when they try to avoid blocking.
vega’s got one of the slowest guard bar regen rates, so take advantage of that.
try to use s.:mk: to stuff his c.:mp: claw from far away.
its worked for me a few times, but i really dont know how completely reliable that is.

Random is my middle names. :rofl: As for the Cross ups I can link into four different things depenind on the Groove.
A-link into CC Cross over :mk: standing :lk: Cr:lp: into Activate or in
K-Cross over into Death combo. Cross :mk: :lk: :hp: DR and finish with :lk: :hp: :mk: Jeai Ken.
Just in General you can do Cross knock down then dash or run lk x2 tick throw or double reppryuken. Or for cheap and fast dizzy Cross over :mk: :lk: :hp: :mk: Jeai ken.
I would say stick with the close knock down and try RC double Reppryuken on Wake up or use his fake cross over :lk: and throw then hop to the other side and either poke low or throw again. Theres alot to Geese
I just forget to use it all and still cant beat vega. :rofl: Thanks for your help.

does anyone out there have any geese strats vs. sagat? sagat is just so damn hard to fight.

That to me is one of his worst match ups.

From what I see is you have to fight him from mid range, god its almost like fighting vega cause he snuffs all of your shit.

Geese’s S.:HP: has some good fighting power against gat but since Geese is big Mr.Scarchest’s elbows hit him giving him another disadvantage. What I try to do with Gat is trade hits and score a knock down. Geese has S.:lk: which comes out in 1 or two frames but who the hell wants to be that close to gat anyhow.

Basic Garbage: Try to lure out his Fierce and counter it same with his tiger uppercuts he whiffs one make him sweat it out with a meaty BnB or link to DR if you have meter cause hes one fuck you want to get rid of fast.

If you can get any out of this jumble all power to you. :lol: -SNK out.

Sum it all up its a trading game that you really have to work for.

Example///// Hibiki Vs Vega(claw)

yea i fell that Geese vs sagat is my only hard fight more tips on that would be good but how about a Geese vs Top 4 thread. i think it would last and as 4 Raising Storm shortcuts man umm Dont the only one u might want to use is defenceive c.HCB,HCF punch but be gangsta and learn the real way.