Geese Moveset and Attributes

geese’s low counter can dizzy. wow1!

When raged, f+fp x hcb+rh does exactly half guard, wow. Good to know if your opponent is a little below half guard.

low jump :mp:

is pretty good for

deflecting rolento knives.

j.:mp: is a great air to air too. it stuffs alotta things. pretty much all of blankas jumpins are stuffed by it.

geese’s c.:hk: beats

sagats s.:hp: clean

if geese is in range.

its risky but pretty good to know. the hit box makes geese short enough to go under s.:hp: completely. well either that, or it just comes out faster, i dunno

attack
damage
startup/hitting/recovery
frame advantage
self cancel - special cancel - super cancel

s.:lp:/cl.:lp:
3/4/6
+7
o-o-o

c.:lp:
3/4/5
+8
o-o-o

vj.:lp:/fj.:lp:
5/24

cl.:mp:
4/9/14
+1
x-o-o

s.:mp:
5/9/14
+0
x-o-o

c.:mp:
7/7/14
x-x-o

vj.:mp:/fj.:mp:
5/10

cl.:hp:
4/11/24
x-o-o

s.:hp:
8/6/20
+0
x-x-x

c.:hp:
1300/1100
3/9/27
x,x - o,x - o,o

vj.:hp:/fj.:hp:
800+900
5/4(first hit)/4(nothing)/4(second hit)

cl.:lk:
2/4/6/
+7
o-o-o

s.:lk:
4/4/14
x-x-o

c.:lk:
3/4/7
+6
x-o-o

vj.:lk:/fj.:lk:
5/22

cl:mk:/s.:mk:
8/8/17
x-x-x

c.:mk:
4/7/14
+1
x-o-o

vj.:mk:/fj.:mk:
5/12

cl.:hk:
900+700
4/3(first hit)/4(nothing)/6(second hit)/16
+4
x,x - o,x - o,x

s.:hk:
18/8/19
x-x-x

c.:hk:
5/4/35
x-o-o

vj.:hk:
8/7

fj.:hk:
5/8

not like anyone cares, but,

geese’s s.:mk: will beat

joe’s c.:hk: clean.

it’s also pretty ok at midrange to counter hit vega’s c.:mp:

better late than never.
here’s geese’s special/super move frame data.

attack
damage
startup/hitting/recovery
frame advantage (hit/block)
self cancel - special cancel - super cancel

:r:+:hp:
14/10/20
x-o-o

:d::df::r:+:lp:/:mp:
900/1000

:d::df::r:+:hp:
600+1000
12/(first fb on 13th frame)/20/(second fb on 21st frame)/43

in air, :d::db::l:+:lp:
16/(fb released 17th frame)/(the bounce)/6(i don’t know what this # is for)
-7/-5

in air, :d::db::l:+:mp:
-13/-11

in air, :d::db::l:+:hp:
-20/-17

:r::df::d::db::l:+:k:
i don’t really know how to translate the frame data on this, and really the frame details don’t matter too much, so i’ll give the numbers that matter.

:lk:
400+400+1000
9(?) startup frames

:mk:
400+400+1100
14(?) startup frames

:hk:
500+500+1200
19(?) startup frames

:r::df::d::db::l:+:lp:
0/18/32
from 0-18 air attacks, specials, and super moves are countered for 1900 damage. this obviously doesnt apply to projectiles, or semi-projectile stuff (rolento knife, chang attacking with choi, reflectors). it will however counter moves that look like it shouldn’t counter, because they aren’t projectiles (rugal’s air dive punch, blanka elec, dunno what else just use your head)

:r::df::d::db::l:+:mp:
0/18/32
from 0-18 all standing or crouching normal moves that don’t have to be blocked low are countered for 2100 damage.

:r::df::d::db::l:+:hp:
0/18/22
from 0-18 all normal moves that have to be blocked low are countered for 2000 damage. this move also adds to stun count unlike the other counters. it looks quite strange to see someone get dizzy after being countered.

:db::r::df::d::db::l::df:+:p:

level 1
4(before flash)/10(after flash)/9(hit)/3(nothing)/9(hit)/3(nothing)/9(hit)/30
first 6 frames invulnerable

level 2
4(before flash)/10(after flash)/9(hit)/3(nothing)/9(hit)/3(nothing)/9(hit)/3(nothing)/9(hit)/30
first 14 frames invulnerable

level 3
4(before flash)/10(after flash)/9(hit)/3(nothing)/9(hit)/3(nothing)/9(hit)/3(nothing)/9(hit)/3(nothing)/9(hit)/30
first 22 frames invulnerable

:r::df::d::db::l::r:+:lk: > :lp::lp::lk::lk::mp::mk::hp::hk: > :d::db::l:+:hp:
4(before flash)/4/41/23
i don’t know what these numbers mean, and they’re not really important anyways.
+13
first 22 frames invulnerable

The +13 means you get +13 frames to do what ever you want, like his cr. :lp: gives +8 frames so you can link into his CC or S. :hp: from it.

instead of ending the combo with the standard :d::db::l:+:hp: , its much better to do crouching jap into standing fierce into medium kick tackle. Not only is it very easy to do, but its way more damage plus high stun.

geese s.:mk: can be used to stop guiles :r:+:hp:. good to use to stop him from locking you down.

Are there any uses for tk fireball?

meter building?

i may be wrong, but it seems geese’s j.:mp: makes his fat lower body smaller.
i’ve tried small jump :mp:'ing over mid level fireballs and it seems easier than actually trying to do normal small jumps to get over them.

also from recent experience, there may be a small invincible box at the end of geese’s s.:mk:.
that move isnt as useless as it seems at first.
despite the bad range, the bad frame data, the fact that there are better moves, it still seems like there are certain uses for it.
also, s.:mk: stuffs cammys spiral arrow pretty alright.

Can Geese’s multi hit super go through a super fireball and will it go through a high and low sagat super fireball

i cant think of a level 3 super move that WOULDNT go through a fireball/super fireball.

Stolen from KCJX.

far s.HP 1500 0/0
8/6/20
34 frames total

Be very careful of Geese’s far s.HP. This move is like Sagat’s. Both are only 34 frames long, far range, very strong, and last a long time. Walk into too many of these and you’ll get dizzy very fast. Mash that shit Geese!

d.MK 1000 +1/+1
4/7/14 x/o/o
25 frames total

At only 25 frames, this move is very fast. Don’t try to anticipate and roll through it. It’s not possible. There’s no roll in that game that’s quicker than 27 frames anyway. NOTHING is guaranteed even if you do roll through it sucessfully. Geese will just hit you with a free combo or another d.MK.

far s.HK 1400 -3/-3
18/8/19
45 frames total

Yielding -3, Geese is COMPLETELY safe after hitting you with this. Don’t try to hit Geese after with super. It’s not possible even with reversal timing. Most of the time Geese is actually in the frame advantage with this move. There’s a potential +4 if Geese hits with the very last frame possible. Anything you try will almost certainly be counter hit.

Your best bet is to roll when Geese does this. 45 frames is very punishable when whiffed.

Be very careful of these:

c.LP +8/+8
c.LK +6/+6

The cheapest move Geese has:

close s.LK 500 +7/+7
2/4/6 o/o/o
12 frames total
hits mid

Geese can reverse your throw attempts with this move! Don’t bother pressing any button after he hits you with this. +7 lets him link whatever he wants. These things chain into one another too…

d.HP 1300,1100 -12/-12
3/9/27

People with 3 frame uppercuts are really good. This is one of the best d.HP uppercuts in the game actually. It will stop any cross-up, including annoying ones like Nakoruru’s. The move’s weakness is the -12. You can air Just Defend and hit Geese for free after.

d.HK 1400 down/-15
6/4/35
45 frames total

This and reppuken is the biggest opening to exploit when fighting Geese. -15 is very poor recovery. 45 frames is very rollable too. Even if Geese is smart and only does these from the maximum range, there’s still nothing he can really do after when it’s blocked. Start your offense after Geese tries this on you. Just don’t run into Geese mashing on far s.HP after. That, he can do.

f, f dash
65 pixels long

Geese’s dash is super fast. The same as Rugal’s. Watch out for:

-d.LP, dash, throw
-close s.LK, dash, throw
-close s.LK, d.LP, dash, throw

close s.lk stops throws? damn, i’ve never even tried the move before, when close i usually go for c. lp into something else

Random thought:
Every try throwing out st. HP over top a crouching Blanka? If Blanka doesn’t do anything, he’s height like 66 or something, so it’ll go right over him. Seems though, if he presses cr. HP, MK, or RH, it kinda makes him taller, so he gets counterhit if he was trying to press buttons back. I’m unsure about the cr. LK, but yeah. Go figure. Note st. HP must be active for this to work. You need the move already out and hitting, and they flinch and press a button. Not you both press a button at the same time. Cuz then you’ll lose.

I made a some mistakes.

The best bet to stop a Geese s.HK is jump straight up, come down with a combo. If not that, then it’s to preemptively walk back, Sagat far s.HP xx super when he whiffs. Rolling on reaction works, but you’re not always playing a character with a fast roll. If I had Ken, I would do RC Hadouken instead of trying to roll behind Geese for example.

Any attack that is 6 frames or faster will stop a throw actually. Not just the close s.LK. In fact, it’s a better bet to try to stop a throw with d.LK or d.LP because those two moves have more range than Geese’s close s.LK does. Both attacks are three frame startup attacks too, so you have a plenty big window to stop a throw with those.

Even though Geese’s d.HP is a three frame uppercut, the hitbox on it is really weird. You either have to do it super early or do it as late as humanly possible for it to be effective. Press the d.HP anytime in between and your Geese is going to get stuffed clean.

The d.MK statement still holds true. Don’t try to roll though it or do anything after blocking it. It’s so fast (25 frames total) that nothing you can attempt is guaranteed punishment. Even trying to whiff punish the thing with your own Sagat d.MK takes an enormous amount of concentration and reflexes this Geese move is so quick. If I’m Sagat, just say screw that and own up Geese’s d.MK for free with d.HP instead.